New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

FigmentJedi

Was able to piece together the captions on the costumes for "Team Water" from more pictures popping up on Twitter.

Aseema

Aseema, her very name in Sanskrit means “Limitless”. She possesses the characteristics and flowing properties of life-giving water, and holds a nurturing kinship with all the creatures that dwell in and around it, as well as those that soar beautifully above it. Aseema is the fluid embodiment of grace, passion, and like the moon, she emits a soothing and guiding light.

Ambu

Flowing alongside Aseema is her young acolyte Ambu, which in Nepalese means “water”

jrhwdw

This may be a mommy blog event but it's something:

Over on ROL's Twitter page, Looks like ROL was talked about and previewed at a #DisneySMMC event, like today????????? Maybe last night? All the tweets were 11 hours ago. A few tweets say ROL is opening this summer. No mention of Jungle Book though.

Looks like ROL is still very much alive! Which is GOOD NEWS!!!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This may be a mommy blog event but it's something:

Over on ROL's Twitter page, Looks like ROL was talked about and previewed at a #DisneySMMC event, like today????????? Maybe last night? All the tweets were 11 hours ago. A few tweets say ROL is opening this summer. No mention of Jungle Book though.

Looks like ROL is still very much alive! Which is GOOD NEWS!!!

Alive....but not production ready especially multiple times per night

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Don't get me wrong, If it's ready, ROL doesn't need to be delayed for any more time but, wouldn't July 5th be better?? We all know what WDW does on July 4th, July 3rd as well in MK. I can't fathom AK being a full house on July 4th!!

Well Disney management (or lack thereof) is about as stupid as it gets these days so now I just expect the worst and that way if not I'm surprised.

Ripken10

Don't get me wrong, If it's ready, ROL doesn't need to be delayed for any more time but, wouldn't July 5th be better?? We all know what WDW does on July 4th, July 3rd as well in MK. I can't fathom AK being a full house on July 4th!!
While it might draw more guest the number of new guest that it would draw would be insignificant. The impact more likely from opening it July 4th would be it could possibly even out the crowds SOME for the nightie entertainment. This is why Disney is targeting that weekend. That doesn't mean it will draw more than MK, but the idea of even if it can draw some away from MK that night it could be considered a success. In the time that follows it will hopefully in disneys eyes draw visitors back for trips earlier than they might have otherwise

ToTBellHop

I really don't get why these moms are so important when their little blogs don't even get a fraction of a fraction of the visitors of a site like this.
Because their little blogs attract new fans, not existing ones. Many of the websites Disney courts largely serve a demographic of stay-at-home-moms--a great place to look for new customers. I know because my wife is currently a stay-at-home-mom-blogger. Still waiting for Disney to invite us down, though lol.

MagicHappens1971

The new webcast "Inside Disney Parks" first episode was posted today, and they talked about AK's nightime offerings and made no hint to when ROL will be debuting, but mentioned that the Jungle Book show is a limited engagement, but then proceded to say that it is for the summer, which in Disney terms is much longer than July 2nd.

TTA94

Soo about that last DPB RoL update/delay announcement... We are coming up to the middle and end of May... Should we be expecting a official announcement of a July or Fall opening date soon?

Though I think this week the DPB will be focusing on the FP+ launch of the Jungle Book show :-/.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom