New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

muteki

This is hopefully addressed soon. I love the idea of the bypass after trying to navigate through that insanity after the fireworks some nights. That is an emotionally charged group of people walking out of the park and lots of bumping and pushing can lead to some uncomfortable situations.
I know everyone has their own way of doing things and their own schedule, but if they would just hang around for a bit after the fireworks and not try to run for the door it is a much simpler process.

And I don't think more buses is an adequate solution.

WDW1974

It wont be at a similar level of DLP.

And that's why I think this is a lot of noise and attention over very little. An outdoor used only during busy times overflow bypass.

What are they going to do? Paint the flats of the backsides of buildings a color other than puke green and add a few 'period' props along a walkway that has some hunter ceiling fans blowing?

DLP's arcades are masterpieces of both design and functionality. This is adding an extra drain to help with clogs.

Last edited:

devoy1701

Anyone that has been to Disneyland Paris will know that having extra paths out is a great idea! Hopefully the theming will be on a similar level. If so, this is great news!

if this is opening in December, it's not going to be very heavily themed.

*IF* we were talking about a highly themed, turn of the century walkway...with rear entrances to the east stores and a connection to Center Street, maybe I'd buy into the idea. But I'm talking maybe...and we're probably not getting that.

NowInc

Much of this probably stems from Disney's remarkably poor track record over the past 10-15 years - doing projects "on the cheap", closing venues with no replacement, empty buildings, abandoned construction projects, and the like. We are immediately suspicious and wonder what the true motive is (ie. mouse arrest bands aren't really for guest convenience).

People have completely valid reasons and quite legitimate complaints, even if the target is sometimes misplaced.

And yet some of us don't resort to un-clever childish nicknames for things we dont like :) Some of us have tested and actually like (*gasp!!*) the bands and agree that it DOES add to convenience. But see..heres the problem. God forbid any of us actually SAY we like something, you are immediately attacked.

Does disney need work? Yes. Have they made bad decisions? Yep. ARE THEY DOING THINGS TO MAKE THINGS BETTER? In my opinion, yes. Not everything they do is generally liked, but things like THIS...a negative spin on it is just showing a strong immediate hatred for anything and everything just for the sake of being negative.

It was announced..and immediately someone took it upon themselves to "confirm" its themed backdrops (pssst...not one thing has been confirmed). The forums are now full of negative spun lies and is making this site far more un-reliable than ever due to members impulse to automatically make negative assumptions and post it as truths.

To stay on topic...until its built (or at least until concept art is released), I feel everyone should wait and see. I don't expect a high level of themeing, but as I stated previously, its better than CMs and plants.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
And that's why I think this is a lot of noise and attention over very little. An outdoor used only during busy times overflow bypass.

What are they going to do? Paint the flats of the backsides of buildings a color other than puke green and add a few 'period' props along a walkway that has some hunter ceiling fans blowing?

DLP's arcades are masterpieces of both design and functionality. This is adding an extra drain to help with clogs.
For me it is a very welcome move. The existing bypass is horrendous - this is badly needed. Of course it wont be like the DLP arcades, but is anything that good anymore?

NowInc

People aren't being negative just for the sake of being negative. There are very good reasons why we are suspicious of Disney's motives and don't trust them to do this right. Again, that is true even when the target of our criticism is misplaced.

And I understand that and even agree with a majority of them. But when its something as simple as making the "alternate" exit for the park not look like backstage...that just seems a bit silly to be so down on.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
if this is opening in December, it's not going to be very heavily themed.

*IF* we were talking about a highly themed, turn of the century walkway...with rear entrances to the east stores and a connection to Center Street, maybe I'd buy into the idea. But I'm talking maybe...and we're probably not getting that.
Well I guess you wont be buying into the idea. But really I don't think you are the target audience.

Polydweller

Damn I was afraid that's all this would be, I'm hoping it may be at least a bit pretty.
Anything is better than nothing and right now it's nothing. They say themed so it will better than the industrial backstage you see now. That's the point, make it better than a CM break area. It will only be used when needed so it won't be too elaborate but it will keep you in the magic better than what they have now. Instead of always looking for the negative, and that's especially bad on this board, sometimes folks here should see the positives for what they are and this is a positive no matter how you look at it.

NowInc

You are basically telling us that anyone who has a negative view of something...or refuses to say a single positive thing about something that Disney is currently doing is adding to the distruction of this fan community...then you proceed to tell us how we should behave.

There does appear to be a slight superiority complex going on there...

If thats how you see it..so be it. Goes both ways, unfortunately. I've lost count over how many times I've seen anyone express happiness over something on here that has gotten attacked and told they were wrong for thinking so.

Re-read my post. The "destruction" of this forum I am referring to is those who are listing negative opinions on things, passing them off as fact. Opinions..keep them coming all day! That is not at all what I was referring to.

I have also not once told or even suggested to anyone on how they should act. Expressed disappointment? Sure..but that is hardly the same thing.

Oddysey

Increasing the efficiency of exiting the park has been something of a need for quite some time. Trying to exit MK at closing can be very difficult and frustrating at times. It is one of the primary reasons I visit the park less than some of the others in the evening. I am honestly very excited about this.

PhotoDave219

It's great that the forums have someone such as yourself to set the rest of us straight and tell us how we should react.

hey, got an opinion on all the new toilets Disney has been building?

He's got a point. Between people freaking out over this and someone trying to convince me that giving their six year old a soda is somehow a unique experience, its been a fun few days on the board.

This backstage bypass is long overdue. Theyve done it for 10 years during peak season and for sheer safety it needs to be done IMO.

Ive felt safer in some riots then I have on MSUSA during a peak crowd.

devoy1701

He's got a point. Between people freaking out over this and someone trying to convince me that giving their six year old a soda is somehow a unique experience, its been a fun few days on the board.

This backstage bypass is long overdue. Theyve done it for 10 years during peak season and for sheer safety it needs to be done IMO.

wait....link?

scpergj

Agreed with the safety issue, that's for sure.

Had some idiots try to pry their way between myself and my (then) 7 year old daughter one Saturday evening in early December about 4 years ago. I ended up picking her up and carrying her (by then she was crying) so this...person...would stop. I'll put it this way - it got so bad I my hand automatically reacted and went straight to where my Glock usually is (no, I don't carry it in Disney - it was an automatic personal protection reaction). The only other time that has ever happened was when I was at the local mall and a couple of kids started harassing my wife, tried to take her purse. It did come out then...this was almost as bad. Seriously. My entire family was afraid for our safety.

If this bypass clears up that entire charlie-foxtrot that MS-USA becomes just before the hub during those really crowded days, it'll be very very welcome.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
NO. Walt would not have wanted this.

Edit: ONLY if it's well-themed and used only exiting the park - then fine. IMO they need better crowd control period. Use Disneyland as an example.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I definitely see the need for the bypass, especially at the holiday season, I'm just trying to get a sense of what it'll consist of, because the only other "shortcut" path they have is Tomorrowland to Circusland which is decorated with the simple Alice and Wonderland, 2D, flats, and they really aren't that different than the Mine Train construction walls with the images of the Dwarfs.
Those flats were temporary decorations that have been removed from this year's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom