New Disneyland Parking Garage and Transportation Hub

Curious Constance

Parking is one thing...but it will also be interesting to see how crowd flow is surrounding the entrances and what sort of bottlenecks they make. I'm just envisioning Fantasmic level crowds along the river, PLUS all the added flow of SWL people...that's gonna suck.

That will just take an extra person or two with the short lightsabers directing guests. It's really not going to be noticeable. I don't think anyone is really looking forward to SWL anyway.

lazyboy97o

Does anyone know why the resort can't just build a duplicate of the current garage right next to the current one? It seems like the garage was deliberately built to allow for expansion, and the plot next to it (tram loading and whatever that small surface lot is called) looks plenty big enough. Sightlines? Too much traffic for the I5 ramp?
Not being Disney’s garage probably plays a role.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Disney doesn't own Mickey and Friends?
"Another change at Disneyland in 2000 was more parking. Starting on July 24, guests arriving in their own cars were now directed to park in the seven-story, 10,250-car Mickey and Friends Parking structure at the northeast corner of Disney’s property. The structure cost $ 90 million; it was financed by Anaheim hotel taxes and had been built by the city. Disney leased back the garage and pocketed any revenues. Parking in the structure was handled differently than in the typical parking structure; the new approach was based on the concept of speed parking." - MiceChat article (Feb 2015)

DLR92

Does anyone know why the resort can't just build a duplicate of the current garage right next to the current one? It seems like the garage was deliberately built to allow for expansion, and the plot next to it (tram loading and whatever that small surface lot is called) looks plenty big enough. Sightlines? Too much traffic for the I5 ramp?

Mickey & Friend Parking structure has ability to expand to additional 5,000 parking space. Not sure why Disney or The City isn't willing to add more on that site.

Old Mouseketeer

Parking is one thing...but it will also be interesting to see how crowd flow is surrounding the entrances and what sort of bottlenecks they make. I'm just envisioning Fantasmic level crowds along the river, PLUS all the added flow of SWL people...that's gonna suck.

Widening traffic flow in Adventureland was just the first step. My rebel spies tell me there will be changes to the tiered viewing areas for Fan! in front of Cafe Orleans and French Market. I hear they will be widening the walkways in advance of SWGE and that it is linked to the reduced number of FPs available for each Fan! performance.

DLR92

It does? How? Additional decks?

I think it somewhere in the Disneyland Specifc plan. It shows how much square footage is utilized each property is currently using. This page include rooms each Disney hotels are permitted maximum as well. If I can find it-I will upload it.

But perhaps by extending the garage into the Pinnochio lot is the only way the gates can receive more parking space.

Here it is:
IMG_8549.JPG

disneylandcm

Widening traffic flow in Adventureland was just the first step. My rebel spies tell me there will be changes to the tiered viewing areas for Fan! in front of Cafe Orleans and French Market. I hear they will be widening the walkways in advance of SWGE and that it is linked to the reduced number of FPs available for each Fan! performance.
Just wondering again if Disney couldn't just make a surface/ground level only parking lot on the Eastern Gateway property for CM use expanding on Pumbaa. Then K-lot could be enhanced and added to Toy Story guest parking. Wouldn't that be an expedient and inexpensive solution? Is that being considered at all? Thanks!

180º

Spirit laid a few quickies on us this morning, not the least of which was this:

Yup. The O-Town bloggers are in Anaheim 'working' on 'covering' DLR's HalloweenTime. From Crazy Clickbait Corless to the Spandex Monster, they are there. ... I don't enjoy their Tweets like Daykota ... that boy is on SDL news like an Imagineer on a fa ... you know the rest.

Of course, they are missing real news, because they wouldn't know it if they sat on it. Supposedly, right now. Disney officials have been meeting with Anaheim politicos in an effort to hammer out some sort of agreement to breathe life back into the Eastern Gateway. Disney is even (really! ... yes, this news is buried at the bottom of one of my posts on page ... what page are we on?) considering holding back on opening SW: GE in Anaheim to match it with Florida IF it will be able to get a parking solution done by then. Time is truly of the essence here. They know they have a looming disaster here that has been building since 2005 and through the reigns of FOUR DLR Presidents that couldn't get anything done or, more realistically, didn't care enough to!)

I'm glad to hear this is being considered, as I've been bracing for catastrophe.

TP2000

Spirit laid a few quickies on us this morning, not the least of which was this:

I'm glad to hear this is being considered, as I've been bracing for catastrophe.

Thank you very much @180º !!! Those Spirit threads can get so long and convoluted so quickly that it's easy to miss important stuff like this.

I know I speak for many here when I say thank you for bringing it to our attention! It's good news, tinged with a bit of political drama. Fun!

Practical Pig

Old Dapper Dans joke from the '70s: "She was pure as the driven snow, but she drifted."

That joke dates back a lot farther than the Dapper Dans. In this form, it was in circulation at college campuses back in the 1920s. In 1921, The Virginia Reel from the University of Virginia printed:

“She was as pure and as white as snow.”
“Yes, but she drifted.” – The Yale Record.
I first heard a variation in a recording of Mae West who, following the success of Disney's Snow White, used the joke in her vaudeville act this way:

“I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.”​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom