New Disneyland Parking Garage and Transportation Hub

nevol

Ok, just spitballing bad ideas here...

But what if Disney built an off-site parking lot (say, near Angels Stadium) specifically for AP's and shuttled them in?
In obvious addition to adding more parking on-site.

Why wouldn't they just do the same, but where eastern gateway is planned? With or without the bridge. No reason for it to be 2 miles away, and it wouldn't conflict with the harbor businesses as much because APs likely aren't staying at the hotels.

Old Mouseketeer

I could see it: Anorexic Barbie, Cradle Robber Barbie, Welfare Barbie. I like it.[/QUOT
The employees aren't paying customers like the APs are.

Say, could you maybe have that interchange printed on the front of a t-shirt and wear it every time you visit the park--and make sure it's clearly visible any time you want something from a CM? Pretty please?

TiggerDad

Say, could you maybe have that interchange printed on the front of a t-shirt and wear it every time you visit the park--and make sure it's clearly visible any time you want something from a CM? Pretty please?
Only if I can use the explanation I added JUST ABOVE YOUR POST when I realized that I was not being clear about the point I was trying to make.

kap91

Does anyone know why the resort can't just build a duplicate of the current garage right next to the current one? It seems like the garage was deliberately built to allow for expansion, and the plot next to it (tram loading and whatever that small surface lot is called) looks plenty big enough. Sightlines? Too much traffic for the I5 ramp?

D

Deleted member 107043

Does anyone know why the resort can't just build a duplicate of the current garage right next to the current one? It seems like the garage was deliberately built to allow for expansion, and the plot next to it (tram loading and whatever that small surface lot is called) looks plenty big enough. Sightlines? Too much traffic for the I5 ramp?

Because at least some of that space is allocated for future hotel expansion. Also building a garage there wouldn't address the need for easy access parking for visitors headed north on I-5.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Watch them not have any new structures built by opening day of SWL and telling guests to just deal with it. I could honestly see them capping attendance much lower at first to see what the demand will be. Or, going the route of making SWL a small upcharge/separate ticket event.

Either way, unless Disney figures out something quick and does it extremely well, SWL will be the most successful disaster the park has ever seen, and a fitting "adios" to Mr. Iger.

Curious Constance

Watch them not have any new structures built by opening day of SWL and telling guests to just deal with it. I could honestly see them capping attendance much lower at first to see what the demand will be. Or, going the route of making SWL a small upcharge/separate ticket event.

Either way, unless Disney figures out something quick and does it extremely well, SWL will be the most successful disaster the park has ever seen, and a fitting "adios" to Mr. Iger.

Chillax, those extra 224 parking spaces, or whatever it was, will be done. That's all it's going to need.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Chillax, those extra 224 parking spaces, or whatever it was, will be done. That's all it's going to need.
Parking is one thing...but it will also be interesting to see how crowd flow is surrounding the entrances and what sort of bottlenecks they make. I'm just envisioning Fantasmic level crowds along the river, PLUS all the added flow of SWL people...that's gonna suck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom