New Countries

EpcoTim

Originally posted by disneyman23
yeah i can see how they would do a wine tasting thing and get away with that, because you can brush that off as being sophisticated and such, not so easy when it comes to beer and partying and getting drunk

DIsney LOVES alcohol.....so to speak.

Have you ever walked through Epcot during the off season? In the evening its like a cocktail party, almost. All in front of France, and the UK are people mingling, drinking. I did a few shots of jager with some girls i barely knew in Germany, and had a few beers with some New Yorkers in UK. The bar there was packed also. Im sure that liqour sales make Disney quite a bit of loot. I thought it was weird at first, having a beer in front of Test track, or on Spaceship Earth, but after that first awkward minute or so, I loved the ida.

disneyman23

yeah i understand all the food places at epcot serve alcohol, there is a difference between that though and having an octoberfest thing that is known to focus on alcohol wherever its celebrated across the country. it doesnt bother me none cause i can drink, im just thinking more about the families and such that would avoid that part of the park. im thinking thats what pleasure island is for, not epcot. but thats just me

EpcoTim

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
After the first awkward moment I bet you blacked out.... j/k.

Waking up half naked in Canada brought back some good memories of my high school days, thats for sure. At least this time I didnt have to beg them to let me back across the border.

But as far as the Oktoberfest thing goes, Its a celebration, Disney can and should partake in it, just not letting things get way to out of hand. Not all people are going to get rip roaring drunk at disney. Well, they will, but only if they keep getting served, which is where the CMs come into play.

ToTBellHop

The only reason both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom don't serve alcohol is because Walt thought these two parks were no place for alcohol, as they were to be family friendly. Club 33 is not officially in Disneyland. Its address is in Anaheim, California, whereas all other attractions and eateries have addresses in Disneyland, USA. That is why there is alcohol served at Club 33. As the other parks all have a much more mature theme to them, alcohol is served at those parks. Walt was not personally against alcohol, he just didn't want it served in his Magic Kingdoms.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
hey heath...

well, you can label the address whatever you want, but you need to get into disneyland in order to get into Club 33, and walk to the New Orleans to get into it. 33 stands for the disneyland street address.

Your views are of Disneyland, and you are in Disneyland, as well as Anaheim.

Hey, even Mickey comes by to visit!

club33_003.jpgl

ToTBellHop

take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Club 33 is not in Disneyland. By the way, I believe Disneyland took the liberty of renaming their stretch of Harbor Boulevard "Disneyland Drive". Also...the number 1313 would seem unlucky until you analyze it further...i.e. what is the 13th letter of the alphabet?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
While I think Scotland would be the obvious choice, especially given its peoples disproportionate contribution to the world for a country its size and all its fabulous history and heritage ( and unlike England we havnt been conquered by about every other country in Europe) I would have to plump for Australia.

Why? well Asia’s and Africa are well and truly covered by the AK and perhaps with a bit of thought some themed eateries could be built there too, but Australia has so much to offer.

Top quality tucker, good beer, fabulous cities with world famous landmarks to desert landscape to rainforest, good beer, a close tie with the sea, beer, one of the worlds oldest indigenous peoples unlike all existing pavilions its a relative baby of a country but has a world wide image of sports barbys and beer to draw on. And lest not forget its people, without the Australian and his insatiable urge to travel tit would be impossible to get a drink in London hostelries due to the lack of bar staff.

So for the sake of the beer barby and the lovely Sheilas make it Australia

cloudboy

Am I mising something? What is the theme to the Biergarten in Germany supposed to be then - isn't that supposed to be Octoberfest?

DarkMeasures

I have never actually gone in the indoor part of Germany...

But anyway, Scotland is already represented in the GreatBritian part of WS. And there is also the Canadian/Scottish rockband Off Kilter.

cherrynegra

My vote would be for Russia. I think it would be great to see the onion domes of a Russian Orthodox church nestled in the park. It would really be beautiful.

johnvree

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I have never actually gone in the indoor part of Germany...

But anyway, Scotland is already represented in the GreatBritian part of WS. And there is also the Canadian/Scottish rockband Off Kilter.
Don't make me go Braveheart on you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by cloudboy
Am I mising something? What is the theme to the Biergarten in Germany supposed to be then - isn't that supposed to be Octoberfest?

Thats the one!

BTW - blackride - Egypt sounds good!

You would think with 157 countries to pick from we could fill the remaining empty lots!

Damn these multi million dollar pavillions that need sponsorship!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom