New Countries

disneyman23

really amazing ideas !!! i wish they had the money to do variations on all of them, it would really kick epcot up a notch and the worlds would be more appealing to younger audiences who might not be as interesting the different cultures and such that everyone else can appreciate

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Canada --" The Adventures of Bob and Doug"

I know people often equate snow with Canada...but what about beer and comedy eh?

Seriously...that snow idea is bad (having been born and raised there)...visited it much often if ever Kwit 35? (we canadians try to ignore snow thinking we're much more than that).

It would be good to update our film...heard the rumours....lets' actually see it happen.

But don't change that sexy theme song from Anne Murray! "Canada.....echo: Canada...Oh Canada"!

Also, can we get some more Prairie representation...my home province was essentially skipped... I mean, if you are going to spend a few minutes on Labrador...?!! wth?

Also, cut out any reference to the French...they're not worth it. :p lol.

Kwit35

Originally posted by paulcmartens
Canada --" The Adventures of Bob and Doug"

Seriously...that snow idea is bad (having been born and raised there)...visited it much often if ever Kwit 35? (we canadians try to ignore snow thinking we're much more than that).

Umm, yeah?!? I have...so?
calucacoocoo...take off, ahh.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
snow is just pretty stereo typical of canada...I don't think people got how Bob and Doug were actually making fun of the stereotype...a subtle rib against americans (did you know, a majority of of Canadians do NOT like America or Americans? -- kinda makes you wonder since the last (and only) war between the two countries Canada won...oh how times change.

Other stereotypes...like mounties and beautiful scenery or forrests...Its not all pretty...take where I came from. Imagine florida without trees and just wheat everywhere...that's my home town. The ride you suggested is just not something the government du canada would be happy with 'snow' theme'...plus a 'poacher' theme...that's nearly though not as bad as the Nazi theme in Germany...'won't sit with bureaucrats'.

Personally, I would like to not see anything related to Quebec or the french at Epcot.

Kwit35

Umm, I didn't suggest the ride, Hank Scorpio suggested it. I just said I liked his ideas. Specifically the London Dungeon idea.

Your not very tolerant of other nationalities are you?
So far you've bashed the Germans, French, Americans, even your own country, Canada...am I forgetting anyone?

Anyway, lighten up, we are all just dreaming about fun rides we would like to see at WDW. None of these will ever come to fruition (even though we would like them to), and we are not trying to make some political statement or change the world by conversing in a forum (at least I am not trying to make a political statement). Just sharing some fun ideas.

Peace.:)

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Originally posted by tomm4004
The areas of flat pavement are there to represent the Prairies. :)

wha wha whaaaat? :)

The movie was sorely lacking in Manitoba footage....I mean, anything east of Ontario should have just been ignored...but, that's just my HO.

cloudboy

Anyway...

Why is the American Pavilion so small? They could have built little coastal village, something from the west (big rock formations and rivers), a Bayou... instead we get one building with one show and a stage out front that doesn't always have something to do with the US.

Either Japan or Morrocco need some kind of ride or attraction - both of those pavilions are just stores and a restaurant.

You could go with something based on a Celtic theme for the UK.

kal1484

I believe that Spain is the closest country to becomming a WS Country.

Remember, all the countries are sponsered by that countries government, so it goes through all the goverment crap before building can EVER be thought of.

As for the Outpost, I haven't worked there yet, but there IS a lot of room, and it's only eh for food wise. So they COULD put something there..

DarkMeasures

How this for Germany. A Octoberfest themed area. Built where the Rhine river area is and also way far backto an extended part of the fair, people would enter an Octoberfest style fair with Carnival attractions and so forth. It could even become hold to a Portable style rollercoaster like the Looping Bahn.

maelstrom

Originally posted by cloudboy
Why is the American Pavilion so small? They could have built little coastal village, something from the west (big rock formations and rivers), a Bayou... instead we get one building with one show and a stage out front that doesn't always have something to do with the US.

America has so many great environmental features and it's puzzling why Disney chose to portray a building in colonial times and that's it. There is so much potential here! Cloudboy, you have some great ideas with the rocks and rivers (Grand Canyon?) and the bayou. Not to mention the terrain of Alaska and Hawaii, two states that people sometimes forget.

Disney could do so much with World Showcase. It really could be its own park. Everyone's ideas for new countries and expansions to existing countries are great!

I'd really like to see Greece and Russia get built. Both of these countries have interesting architecture that would look great on the WS skyline. Imagine a ride based on myths for Greece, a rollercoaster even.

I'm going to guess that if/when Disney decides to expand on the idea of areas dedicated to South America and Australia & New Zealand, that it will be built at the AK. South America's rainforests will make a great addition to the AK.

Marni1971- you have a love of "what could have been" and "what was supposed to be" for the Disney parks. So do I! It's fascinating. I love all of the info you've given so far about what was planned for WS. What could have been / what was supposed to be / and extinct attractions are my favourite part of Disney. :wave:

disneyman23

seems like disney would frown on an octoberfest idea, just because the festival is synonamous with drinking and beer, probably not the family atmosphere they would want to promote, even if they didnt have beer

JBSLJames

I think if they build a new country it should be West Virginia or Kentucky.

:lookaroun

Hey I was born in Kentucky, so I have a birthright to such comments.

disneyman23

yeah i can see how they would do a wine tasting thing and get away with that, because you can brush that off as being sophisticated and such, not so easy when it comes to beer and partying and getting drunk

DarkMeasures

Don't worry. My parents have gotten drunk many times just from the Mexico's Margarita stall....

I heard Disneyland does not serve alcohol. Does the Magic Kingom serve alcohol?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom