New Countries

KimPossible

Original Poster
I know there has been tons of talk about new countries in the World Showcase, but does anyone see one being built in the next five years?

bugsbunny

Interesting thought. But where would they put them? The layout around the lake is pretty packed in. I guess they would have to consider the gateway area over toward the Boardwalk area?

Or maybe where the Millenium village was at? But that is off the beaten path and IMHO, would be a pretty crappy area to build a country or countries.

I guess no matter where the do it, they will either have to cannabalize part of an area or have some strange way of getting into the heart of it.

EpcotGrl

Personally, I'd love to see a Russia pavillion. Maybe to take the place of the African outpost since we have a whole Africa thing at AK. I think that would be phenomenal--Red Square and the Kremlin would be a beautiful addition to the WS. Unfortunately the Russians would probably have to contribute, and I don't think it'll happen anytime soon, but...hey, a girl can dream :D

Katherine

My dad asked a CM while we were down there if any new countries were going in and he said no because they wanted to focus on improving the ones already there. Anyways...

I was talking with my brother one day and he brought up an interesting idea what about INdia? It has a rich and interesting history and you could make the area with the Taj Mahal and stuff. I think it's an interesting idea. just a thought.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by bugsbunny
Interesting thought. But where would they put them? The layout around the lake is pretty packed in. I guess they would have to consider the gateway area over toward the Boardwalk area?

Or maybe where the Millenium village was at? But that is off the beaten path and IMHO, would be a pretty crappy area to build a country or countries.

I guess no matter where the do it, they will either have to cannabalize part of an area or have some strange way of getting into the heart of it.

you'd be suprised actually. There appears to be room for at least 5 more decent sized countries on various pieces of land throughout WS, plus there's the outpost area which could be easily removed (and not missed by many) to make room for yet another country. so I'd say theres room for a good 5-6 countries like the ones already present, and possibly more than that if they are built the same way mexico is: narrow, but stretches very far back. If constructed like this, I'd say there might even possibly be room for 7 or so.

anyway, I know spain was recently flirting with the idea of a pavillion at epcot, and other than that I've heard rumors of a few others.. I really don't have any hard info, sorry, but I too would like to see some long-overdue additions to WS sometime soon. if you ask me, good suggestions would be south america, africa, and australia as they are recognized very little if at all throughout WDW.

*I would however prefer to see australia at AK before WS

thats all:cool:

jcarriv

Top 5 countries I would like to see added to WS:

1) India
2) Russia
3) Brazil
4) New Zealand/Australia
5) Egypt

I think all of these countries would add something to WS.

Anyone else agree/disagree have other ideas?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Several new Worldshowcase pavilions are being looked at, with one in particular gaining a lot of momentum internally.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Plenty of Room

There is a fair amount of room between France and Morocco and after Germany there is that big space. They can also modify the areas between France and UK and near Canada. Plenty of room! Send us your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be Disney!

johnvree

Originally posted by bugsbunny

Isn't the Outpost area big enough? I'd love to see either India or Russia. I think both would lend itself to really great architecture and food.

se8472

I think Egypt would be awsome.

All you need is a sponser for a country and its there. I think the only one that was done by the govn't of a country was Morocco.

But Egypt and Brazil would be my top picks...

But there is room for 5 more area's + the outpost...and don't think the outpost will eb going anywhere since its already there and there is tons of room elsewhere....

So if you can find a company that would do it then BAM its there. All the countries are the same size in sq feet. They are also all the same height.

Just some facts for ya :)

jcarriv

Greece would make an excellent addition and so would Spain, but
I think that they need something from South America, Australia or India to help fill out the World theme.

maelstrom

I think it's about time for some new countries to be added to WS. Some of my picks are..

Greece
Russia
India
Australia & New Zealand
Spain
Israel

I think that the Greece, India, and Spain areas could have some awesome theming. This is just off the top of my head.

DarkMeasures

Imagine a Egypt ride where you ride in a tomb mobile exploring an ancient Egyption tomb before heading back into the past and see the history of the great nation......

It could be a Historical knock-off of The Mummy!!!

maelstrom

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Imagine a Egypt ride where you ride in a tomb mobile exploring an ancient Egyption tomb before heading back into the past and see the history of the great nation......

It could be a Historical knock-off of The Mummy!!!

Well if they ever redo SSE, this is where they can put the Egyptian scene.

It's a good idea. But I think it should be a boat ride (another boat ride in WS? ah!) because you should be on the Nile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom