New Bon Voyage Breakfast character dining coming to Trattoria al Forno

WYDenice

I actually used to like to go here for breakfast because it was the only quiet option...not overrun with kids and characters... So now what will my options be? I will have to go to another hotel because there are no other restaurants here serving breakfast.
There is another check in favor of stayng at The Dolphin over The Boardwalk... Character Breakfasts are great and all, but not everyone needs a meet and greet with every meal...
Agree. . . my family has enjoyed many morning breakfasts there hoping character breakfast will not be offered every day.

RobidaFlats

There is a charater Breakfast offered at The Swan, and a Character Breakfast in Norway...Why can't that be enough?...A Character Breakfast added to Atlantic Dance Hall which is seldom used, would be a good option that would allow those of us who want a normal dining option to still have one...

I can't argue with your line of thinking at all, it makes perfect sense. However, if I had to guess what the thought is to Disney, I would say there are a number of factors at play:
  1. The Swan undoubtedly gets a cut of the revenue, so they're unlikely to view that as a substitute. It obviously is for the guest, but WDW would rather have that revenue to themselves.
  2. Akershus is always at capacity, so there is clearly excess demand.
  3. This last one is just a guess, but would explain why they're not using Atlantic Dance Hall: Perhaps Tratorrio is "under-performing" what they had hoped. If they can squeeze more money out of the operation, they won't view any displaced customers as a loss. The top and bottom lines would grow.
I would certainly love for there to be more areas that are less... amped, for lack of a better word. The relaxing (and even to some degree "adult") part of a WDW vacation seems to be slipping away. The "all toons all the time" mentality has grown too abundant to be snuffed out like a lantern.

maroonmol

I'm assuming Ariel won't be in her 'mermaid tail' outfit? I'm just imagining her wheeling a huge rock to sit on around the restaurant :hilarious:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's blocked in my country due to copyright, do you have a screenshot?

Search for Bette Midler and mermaid....

upload_2017-2-2_12-57-46.png

asianway

So presumably the characters will meet in pairs? Would that be the only character meal where they do that? At least, where they do that on purpose (unless the step sisters meet as a team?).
Stepsisters and chipmunks separate at dining I assume this will be the same

ToTBellHop

There is a charater Breakfast offered at The Swan, and a Character Breakfast in Norway...Why can't that be enough?...A Character Breakfast added to Atlantic Dance Hall which is seldom used, would be a good option that would allow those of us who want a normal dining option to still have one...
Everyone talks about how quiet this place is at breakfast. Character meals are always hopping. Which do you think makes more money? Disney is merely providing more of what we are apparently demanding.

asianway

Do you remember back in the 90's that the characters at Cinderella Royal Table breakfast used to meet as pairs: Cinderella and Suzy, Pocahontas and John Smith, Snow White and Dopey, and Peter Pan and Wendy. Then you would meet Fairy Godmother in the lobby.
Only ever ate there twice with characters and it was after that. Was always a lunch stop - beef barley soup and prime rib

Pleakley

This is kind of disappointing for me. I actually like the idea of meeting the pairs, but it does limit the "regular" breakfast options at the hotel. To me that is part of the "deluxe" experience, being able to just go downstairs and have a sit-down breakfast. But clearly the ability to walk right in without a reservation is what they're looking to change. Imo the real problem with this restaurant is that comparatively, it feels uninspired.

I actually have found breakfast to be better than dinner here. And better than the Captain's Grille. Not that it's bad, but it always seems understaffed. I'll go around 10:30 and get turned away, despite most tables being vacant. I've tried making a reservation on my way over and still have waited excessively long. Maybe they would consider serving breakfast at Flying Fish again, though that's doubtful.

I wonder if they will try to tie in the Boardwalk/Trattoria theme with the characters. Like the beach attire over at Cape May Cafe. Rapunzel and Flynn will probably just be on a date at an Italian restaurant.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder if they will try to tie in the Boardwalk/Trattoria theme with the characters.

If you consider the Princesses at Akershus.... not likely.

While Mickey and pals have lots of costumes for different occasions, most of the other M&G characters retain their character wherever they go.

Pleakley

If you consider the Princesses at Akershus.... not likely.

While Mickey and pals have lots of costumes for different occasions, most of the other M&G characters retain their character wherever they go.

Well at Akershus they seem to push the "castle" aspect pretty hard to make them fit. But yeah, I don't really expect anything special.

TabulaRasa

Almost everyone here has said how peaceful and quiet Trattoria is at breakfast. It is obviously underperforming, which is why a character dining experience is coming. That, and as was said, this is probably a move to have more character dining at Deluxe resorts.

Oh, and everyone can still eat at Captain's Grille, which is still excellent for breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom