New Bon Voyage Breakfast character dining coming to Trattoria al Forno

Brent_S

Upon first viewing the page you can see the breakfast option but it quickly changes to Dinner. I thought it was because I had a date in late May, but I tried multiple days/weeks prior (including next week) and still only the dinner option was available.

larandtra

Considering Disney IS a business you can whine about people making the statement all you want, but, it is true. There are lots of "quiet" places on property to have food and relax. Just another reason to complain about a change for some of you. I dont know if I could live as miserably and look at the world, especially Disney, as negatively as some of you do. Sure, there are things I do nto like, changes I think are a mistake, and things I would do differently. But, I am not the one making the financial decisions or looking at the needs of everyone on a whole. So my personal opinions about things can be very selfish. I would rather look at it, maybe even go and see what its like, and then see how it plays out. You can complain all you want, but, that wont change decisions they make. And if it bothers you that much, speak with your wallet and dont go.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So none of you think that maybe the character breakfasts were getting so fully booked that people were complaining that they wanted to get in, but couldn't? So this is Disney's answer. It will be nice if they include a quiet area for those not wanting to partake.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So none of you think that maybe the character breakfasts were getting so fully booked that people were complaining that they wanted to get in, but couldn't? So this is Disney's answer. It will be nice if they include a quiet area for those not wanting to partake.

Someone said somewhere, either here or on Reddit, that they talked to the staff there and the plan is to have a quiet non-character corner. Whether that will come about or not... It was a CM that said it. So, the best one can do is call and see if a non-character meal and corner is available.

PrincessL

Just got a reservation for June 3rd. Site now says accepting reservations starting March 1st and breakfast is no longer showing available...hmm.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Someone said somewhere, either here or on Reddit, that they talked to the staff there and the plan is to have a quiet non-character corner. Whether that will come about or not... It was a CM that said it. So, the best one can do is call and see if a non-character meal and corner is available.
I'm hoping that it's true as well. But there are excellent places close by (like Captain's Grille) that offer breakfast as well.

Brent_S

I was at the final reservation screen and it gave me an error for a 5/23 booking. Looks like reservations for on/after April 1st can be made on March 1st.

Bocabear

That is true, however you shouldnt have to leave your own resort and go clear across to the other side to another for breakfast etc.
I agree... especially since The Boardwalk Inn is a premium hotel...they should offer both. Do a standard breakfast service at Big River Brewing or something...It is not in the least bit pleasant or convenient to leave my $350/night hotel and have to go to another resort for breakfast...Why couldn't they have the character breakfast at an unused location for breakfast... Like Flying Fish... it's next door and doesn't open until dinner.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Why couldn't they have the character breakfast at an unused location for breakfast... Like Flying Fish... it's next door and doesn't open until dinner.
An excellent idea! Maybe bring that up to management if there isn't a nice quiet place for breakfast at Trattoria.

ToTBellHop

I agree... especially since The Boardwalk Inn is a premium hotel...they should offer both. Do a standard breakfast service at Big River Brewing or something...It is not in the least bit pleasant or convenient to leave my $350/night hotel and have to go to another resort for breakfast...Why couldn't they have the character breakfast at an unused location for breakfast... Like Flying Fish... it's next door and doesn't open until dinner.
Because Trattoria is underperforming at breakfast, they want butts in the seats, and guests whine into Guest Services about not being able to get into character dining. Seems cut and dry to me. If you can walk to Epcot, you can walk to Yacht Club.

Bocabear

Because Trattoria is underperforming at breakfast, they want butts in the seats, and guests whine into Guest Services about not being able to get into character dining. Seems cut and dry to me. If you can walk to Epcot, you can walk to Yacht Club.
If I can drive to Walt Disney World, I can drive to Universal Studios, but that is not the point... One expects a dining venue to be open in a premium resort...and not just a character meal...which is an altogether different thing.

ToTBellHop

If I can drive to Walt Disney World, I can drive to Universal Studios, but that is not the point... One expects a dining venue to be open in a premium resort...and not just a character meal...which is an altogether different thing.
It wasn't popular enough. Quiet and affordable is not a winning formula.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It wasn't popular enough. Quiet and affordable is not a winning formula.
And that's where the disconnect is. Disney is not going to keep an empty restaurant open for breakfast if people aren't eating in enough numbers to keep it open. So rather than just close it completely for breakfast, they offer a different solution. Obviously not the one that some here want, but again, it sounds like they may be having a quiet area for those few people that still want breakfast, but don't want the characters. Time will tell. And Captain's Grille is a better breakfast anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom