New atmosphere entertainment being tested at DinoLand U.S.A.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The under the sea dance party starring max the dog, Marie from aristocats Timon from the lion king and that sad Pete's dragon float from MSEP. Please note that Ariel is not in the lineup.

:rolleyes:

habuma

Hey look! That dinosaur is pooping out a man wearing black scrubs!

I'm usually one to give a little flexibility to Disney and forgive things here and there. This, however, is embarrassing. We could have a top-notch animatronic dino (Lucky), but no. We could have a flying, fire-breathing dragon, but no. We could have Beaker and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew in the Muppets Mobile Lab, but no. Heck, I'd even accept Stitch wearing a velociraptor suit...but no.

Instead we get someone in a black karate gi carrying around a life-size dinosaur action figure on their head.

Good idea, bad implementation.

I'm encouraged only by the fact that they claim this to be an experiment and with any luck it will be gone by the time I arrive next month.

Found this on reddit:
quX81FF.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/disney/comments/23fzjx/professor_parker_woodson_took_her_pet/

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Its an outside vendor who is there until May 3 and at that point Disney can decide if they want to buy his services or not. I think its safe to say the chances of that happening are remote.

Why would you say chances are remote? They obviously new what they were getting when the booked the act and didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Bairstow

Its an outside vendor who is there until May 3 and at that point Disney can decide if they want to buy his services or not. I think its safe to say the chances of that happening are remote.

Well that's even more baffling.
With an outside contractor they would have known exactly what it was going to look like before they committed to it.

TP2000

Here's another video with more bottlecap-eating action:

This is humiliating for Disney that they put this out in the park in front of paying guests, especially in the year 2014.

What's scary here is the actress that plays along with the dino, with her running patter about it being a real dinosaur as she offers facts and figures on the dinosaur and pretends as if it's real and something she "brought back from the Cretaceous period", etc.

If this thing was sort of artsy-fartsy street theater that no one tried to pretend was real, it would be one thing. But Disney's plotline here from the attached CM's is that this is a real dinosaur that this zoologist is interacting with. They could play off that the Lucky animatronic from 2005 was real, especially if there was a more advanced 2.0 version for 2014. But this thing is just hokey and obviously fake from 50 feet away.

This is just embarrassing. Disney makes it worse by making the CM's pretend it's real.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is humiliating for Disney that they put this out in the park in front of paying guests, especially in the year 2014.

What's scary here is the actress that plays along with the dino, with her running patter about it being a real dinosaur as she offers facts and figures on the dinosaur and pretends as if it's real and something she "brought back from the Cretaceous period", etc.

If this thing was sort of artsy-fartsy street theater that no one tried to pretend was real, it would be one thing. But Disney's plotline here from the attached CM's is that this is a real dinosaur that this zoologist is interacting with. They could play off that the Lucky animatronic from 2005 was real, especially if there was a more advanced 2.0 version for 2014. But this thing is just hokey and obviously fake from 50 feet away.

This is just embarrassing. Disney makes it worse by making the CM's pretend it's real.

They could have taken the idea that the College students that are working on the dig found a "Real Dinosaur" to get some attention rather than have the Dino Institute aspect...Heck for then seeing the body would make sense as the Students are trying to get funding for more digging and have the Actress be more of a college student rather than scientist..That's just my two cents on this..

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They could have taken the idea that the College students that are working on the dig found a "Real Dinosaur" to get some attention rather than have the Dino Institute aspect...Heck for then seeing the body would make sense as the Students are trying to get funding for more digging and have the Actress be more of a college student rather than scientist..That's just my two cents on this..
Sounds a bit complex to portray to a passing guest, but... it certainly makes more sense than this near-sited scientist being fooled by a man in a crappy costume.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sounds a bit complex to portray to a passing guest, but... it certainly makes more sense than this near-sited scientist being fooled by a man in a crappy costume.

Well with the archaeological dig going on as you enter Dino-land that the students are working I thought it would be more fitting..

Bairstow

They could have taken the idea that the College students that are working on the dig found a "Real Dinosaur" to get some attention rather than have the Dino Institute asp
ect...Heck for then seeing the body would make sense as the Students are trying to get funding for more digging and have the Actress be more of a college student rather than scientist..That's just my two cents on this..

So the students are frauds?
Zip Awards for everyone!

MickeyPeace

People this new atmosphere entertainment is part of Chester and Hester so the Imagineers intended it to look this bad. There is an entire backstory to the scientist and V.

You see the velociraptor is Hestor and the scientist is actually Chester in drag. Still determined to make a quick buck they are taking their act on the road hoping to lure people back to their roadside fossil souvenir shop/midway games/carnival area/ parking lot thingy to spend their hard earned money.

Once people know the back story they can relax knowing that it was INTENDED to look this BAD.

Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom