New atmosphere entertainment being tested at DinoLand U.S.A.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
So, is "V" supposed to be similar to Lucky?
Probably a variation on this:
cosplay-jurassicpark-velociraptor-01.jpg

or
dinosaur_6657-01.gif

asianway

You know...Disney used to have something even better than that. A fully animetronic freestanding (with cart) dinosaur that did walk around meet and greets.

His name was Lucky, and last I heard he was shipped to Tokyo and is currently mothballed.

I'd love to see them bring Lucky back.
It was Hong Kong but now he is at WDI in Glendale

Bairstow

Sounds fun,

-EXCEPT-

Up until now Dinoland maintained a cohesive themed reality that held that Dinosaurs are extinct. There was an institute, a dig site, and a roadside tourist trap, and in all of them dinosaurs were dead and gone, but still captured the imagination and attention of the people that lived there. The only way to see "live" dinosaurs in Dinoland is to use the time rovers to travel outside of this time/place to their time. This may not have been the most crowd-friendly approach to the material, but it also wasn't the easiest, from a design perspective, and I'm a little saddened to see their willingness to stray from it.

Mind you, I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just saying they haven't, for what I assume were strongly-held thematic principles when conceptualizing the land.

free upload

backinaction

Sounds fun,

-EXCEPT-

Up until now Dinoland maintained a cohesive themed reality that held that Dinosaurs are extinct. There was an institute, a dig site, and a roadside tourist trap, and in all of them dinosaurs were dead and gone, but still captured the imagination and attention of the people that lived there. The only way to see "live" dinosaurs in Dinoland is to use the time rovers to travel outside of this time/place to their time. This may not have been the most crowd-friendly approach to the material, but it also wasn't the easiest, from a design perspective, and I'm a little saddened to see their willingness to stray from it.

Mind you, I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just saying they haven't, for what I assume were strongly-held thematic principles when conceptualizing the land.

free upload
true but dont you bring a dino back from the past at the end of the ride? these could be the dino's that roam animal kingdom!

Cmdr_Crimson

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom