Mystery Project at Epcot

Monoblanco13

Just saw this on screamscape, apparently the Disney Parks director Jerry Rees mentioned in an interview for a podcast that there is something in the works for Epcot:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#2015

Haven't listened to the audio yet, just read the article. Has anyone heard anything about this? This is exciting news for me if it's true, because I'm of the opinion that Epcot and AK need the love a lot more than DHS.

This is what I've seen http://www.jerryrees.com/page19/page19.html supposedly rumored as a Imagination Pavilion attraction according to WDWThemeparks as a Blue Sky.

Monoblanco13

I would be very excited about Innoventions becoming private event space if it means getting new attractions into the WoL pavilion. I always hated walking all the way from the world showcase to WoL for a cooking demonstration or beer tastings since they are run to inflexible schedules. And in any event, I'd trade all of Innoventions to get the WoL pavilion back. Or Horizons.

I agree as well bring back WoL, I havent liked Innoventions since the 90's unfortunately. Also crossing my fingers for an Imaginations Pavilion revamp now that Eo seems to be on its way out

aladdin2007

Please get Crayola to sponsor Imagination too! I love to see it happen and also new sponsor of Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life! I hope to see The Weather Channel be a sponsor for the old of Wonder of Life and turn it into Wonders of Weather.

Crayola would be perfect, whats funny is a huge new Crayola complex just replaced Nordstroms at the Florida Mall, and every time now driving by a keep thinking oh poor Epcot.

ChesterKiwi

Captain EO is always rumored to be on the chopping block! I think I am the only person who loves that attraction, and that makes me so sad!
Never fear, another EO fan is here! I absolutely love Captain EO, especially as an obsessive Michael Jackson fan. But I think EO just can't stay at Epcot any longer. No one appreciates it anymore. The Michael Jackson death clamor has faded.

Last edited:

Monoblanco13

Never fear, another EO fan is here! I absolutely love Captain EO, especially as an obsessive Michael Jackson fan. But I think EO just can't stay at Epcot any longer. No one appreciates it anymore. The Michael Jackson death clamor has faded.

I love Captain Eo, I never got to see it on its Original run so when it came back it was new to me and I love it! I'm kicking myself in the butt as I didn't experience it last week and its going to close next week due to Tomorrowland. I don't see it coming back after, and it honestly shouldn't as much as it pains me to say.

ChesterKiwi

I love Captain Eo, I never got to see it on its Original run so when it came back it was new to me and I love it! I'm kicking myself in the butt as I didn't experience it last week and its going to close next week due to Tomorrowland. I don't see it coming back after, and it honestly shouldn't as much as it pains me to say.
We EO fans need to band together and build on our own Captain EO theater! :p

SportsGoofy

Please get Crayola to sponsor Imagination
Crayola is putting their own attraction down in Orlando (The Crayola Experience—summer 15), but I could see how they could easily merge. All you would need is one big company like Apple to jump into the fray, and Samsung, IBM, Microsoft, etc would come follow them like they always do...

Monoblanco13

We EO fans need to band together and build on our own Captain EO theater! :p

LETS DO IT!!! LOL Who else is in? *crickets chirping* I know plenty of people are ready for this to go. I'd much rather see UoE make its way out already for it much needed retirement! The only good thing I hear people say about the attraction is "Its great to take a nap on!"

ChesterKiwi

LETS DO IT!!! LOL Who else is in? *crickets chirping* I know plenty of people are ready for this to go. I'd much rather see UoE make its way out already for it much needed retirement! The only good thing I hear people say about the attraction is "Its great to take a nap on!"
To be honest I like UoE because of Bill Nye (nostalgia train), but otherwise it's very dated.

I'll send out people to survey the theater immediately so we can replicate it. ;)

Monoblanco13

To be honest I like UoE because of Bill Nye (nostalgia train), but otherwise it's very dated.

I'll send out people to survey the theater immediately so we can replicate it. ;)

The nostalgia is strong though; unfortunately no one represented within the attraction looks remotely the same anymore. How about a revamp since I am told the attraction basically runs itself with all the solar panels installed on the roof.

ToTBellHop

The nostalgia is strong though; unfortunately no one represented within the attraction looks remotely the same anymore. How about a revamp since I am told the attraction basically runs itself with all the solar panels installed on the roof.
Runs itself but doesn't maintain itself. Solar energy doesn't fix broken dinos. Let's go with an all-screen Energy!

ChesterKiwi

Runs itself but doesn't maintain itself. Solar energy doesn't fix broken dinos. Let's go with an all-screen Energy!
Oh, so those solar panels on the roof run the attraction? I always thought they might, that's really cool.
I actually haven't been on the attraction since March of 2013. Hove they ever fixed that Basilisk looking dinosaur?
I have no idea what the "Basilisk" dinosaur is, but I think the Ellen AA is broken, if I've been reading correctly around here. I know I didn't see it on my trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom