Mystery Project at Epcot

Haymarket2008

I recall seeing the mystery project saying "coming in 2015" towards the beginning of 2014. Wasn't Imagination legitimately preparing for a closure around then? And now with the rumored refurb being postponed, and the project saying 2016, wouldn't that all but point to Imagination being it?

JustInTime

I have been wondering. If Osborne lights are going away, wouldn't it make sense if the Lights of Winter came back? Even if it's a osborne lights/lights of winter hybrid?

doctornick

that hint is most likely the meet and grope next to norway... plans are too detailed to just have been thought up and written on a napkin

@articos already has provided hints about the details of the project: In replying to Martin who said he would be "gobsmacked" if this "project" was a full pavilion, articos said the chances of that were 0%. So, it's not a pavilion. Later on, he said:

Can't say yet, as it hasn't been announced. Jerry is a primarily a filmed media creative director, though. His latest work was The Marvel Experience.

@PorterRedkey also pointing out that when you click on the reference on Rees' own website, the image in is purple and described as "Next-gen larger-than-life interactive spectacle."

Seems fairly certain that this "mystery project" will be a film of some sort somehow interacting with MM+. Looking around Epcot, IMHO, seems very likely that this will be a replacement for Captain Eo especially given that purple has long been associated with that pavilion thanks to Figment.

joup7

I am pretty sure that this popped up on his website before Frozen was released. So I doubt it would be the Frozen Meet & Greet.

When he was given this project it wasn't Frozen related. Then Frozen came out and Disney probably told him to drop that in favor of everything Frozen.

articos

@articos already has provided hints about the details of the project: In replying to Martin who said he would be "gobsmacked" if this "project" was a full pavilion, articos said the chances of that were 0%. So, it's not a pavilion. Later on, he said:

@PorterRedkey also pointing out that when you click on the reference on Rees' own website, the image in is purple and described as "Next-gen larger-than-life interactive spectacle."

Seems fairly certain that this "mystery project" will be a film of some sort somehow interacting with MM+. Looking around Epcot, IMHO, seems very likely that this will be a replacement for Captain Eo especially given that purple has long been associated with that pavilion thanks to Figment.
Shouldn't comment further, but I will say the director in question likes to boast a bit, so "larger-than-life...spectacle" is somewhat an eye-of-the-beholder type of statement.

When he was given this project it wasn't Frozen related. Then Frozen came out and Disney probably told him to drop that in favor of everything Frozen.
Doesn't work that way.

joup7

Shouldn't comment further, but I will say the director in question likes to boast a bit, so "larger-than-life...spectacle" is somewhat an eye-of-the-beholder type of statement.

Doesn't work that way.

Meant it as a Disney-Is-Frozen-Obsessed Joke, obviously it doesn't work that way.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

To late for this one but it's kind of weird they had this in google images. Unless they have a little something in Innoventions based on Horizons like a all thru.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 264

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom