MyMagic+ MagicBands to begin testing in parks soon

RickP330

Disney has not publicly released any timeframe for the roll out. Based on what we know, it seems the full rollout will be this year, but unclear exactly when.
Thanks, I understand that. But I am just trying to figure out how this can impact my ADR's as I am close to my 180 day window. For instance, the IPO we are using is suggesting that some items such as fireworks viewing areas may be able to be reserved. If I knew I could count on this, I might not make certain other ADR's. I guess I have to proceed as if I don't have it yet and modify my plans when and if this comes around...
RP

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I understand that. But I am just trying to figure out how this can impact my ADR's as I am close to my 180 day window. For instance, the IPO we are using is suggesting that some items such as fireworks viewing areas may be able to be reserved. If I knew I could count on this, I might not make certain other ADR's. I guess I have to proceed as if I don't have it yet and modify my plans when and if this comes around...
RP
I would just do things as though MyMagic+ does not exist. There is insufficient info to base plans around right now.

WDWBryan

I just wondered that with the magic bands being given to hotel guests and passholders and without an actual ticket will we just flash our wristbands to parking attendants or will they be installing rfid at the parking booths to validate them now. They glance so quickly at the tickets now that I'm not sure what they actually look at but I'd assume they'd want a system to verify that the bands are valid.

G00fyDad

I just wondered that with the magic bands being given to hotel guests and passholders and without an actual ticket will we just flash our wristbands to parking attendants or will they be installing rfid at the parking booths to validate them now. They glance so quickly at the tickets now that I'm not sure what they actually look at but I'd assume they'd want a system to verify that the bands are valid.

More than likely they will have individual scanners. You're right though. They barely even look at the key to the world card anymore. I have known people who have actually flashed them a previous year's card just to see if I could get away with it and they did.

Redhawk

When I was in the parks Feb 4 to 9, at every FP ride I saw a covered-up stand at the point where FP holders merge with stand-bys that clearly was going to be the electronic post for reading your MagicBand. They were all in place and seemed ready to go, wired up, etc. and being kept under cover until it was time to turn them on. My question is -- how will you remember what time your FP window is? It's not like glancing at your MagicBand will tell you, unless Disney is joining up with Apple to create some real technological magic.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
When I was in the parks Feb 4 to 9, at every FP ride I saw a covered-up stand at the point where FP holders merge with stand-bys that clearly was going to be the electronic post for reading your MagicBand. They were all in place and seemed ready to go, wired up, etc. and being kept under cover until it was time to turn them on. My question is -- how will you remember what time your FP window is? It's not like glancing at your MagicBand will tell you, unless Disney is joining up with Apple to create some real technological magic.
You can use the Disney app to check your times or you will have to write them down and keep it with you.

Redhawk

You can use the Disney app to check your times or you will have to write them down and keep it with you.

Not very convenient. I mostly had my phone off in the parks while I was there and intentionally left it in the hotel one day. Wouldn't have taken it the other days except my Disney watch battery died and I used my phone to check the time.

I assume you'll be able to quickly check your FP times at kiosks around the parks but that's not as easy as glancing at a printed FP. On the other hand, it won't be as easy to misplace a MagicBand as a printed FP.

Justinj2

While I haven't seen any MagicBands. I noticed when I visited MK today that the Right side of the turnstiles are now completely RFID entry so the construction is complete!

Sweetums

Checked in to AKL today. No wristbands, despite being offered one during online checking. A CM came out to say they'll be offered "later," and another CM said April/May.

Len

Interesting - so you were offered one? Did you accept it and then they changed? Or, you decided at that time you didn't want to use? (just curious)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom