MyMagic+ MagicBands to begin testing in parks soon

KayFeb13

We will be there 2/15-2/22 and staying at the WL. Do you know if all resorts will be testing or just certain ones. I am not sure if we should try it or not. This is a first trip for our kids and we still have a lot to learn about disney. Any thoughts would you recommend it for a family with two young children with limited disney experience?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We will be there 2/15-2/22 and staying at the WL. Do you know if all resorts will be testing or just certain ones. I am not sure if we should try it or not. This is a first trip for our kids and we still have a lot to learn about disney. Any thoughts would you recommend it for a family with two young children with limited disney experience?
I don't think you will be able to use it on this trip. It is for a limited group, and I don't think WL is one of the test locations.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The first of many miserable days for Front line cm's starts sometime/late next week. Reason I say that is because they are going to have too answer many guest ?s about this. More luck and power to them.
They managed to educate the vast majority in the use of FASTPASS, it really isn't that much different. I'm sure the cast can handle it.

ParentsOf4

They managed to educate the vast majority in the use of FASTPASS, it really isn't that much different. I'm sure the cast can handle it.
It's almost 14 years after the introduction of FP and CMs are still explaining it.

MagicBands involve considerably more elements than FP. I suspect it's going to take a lot of explaining to anyone who isn't already familiar with the basic concepts of MagicBands before they arrive.

Genie of the Lamp

My guess would be that the Deluxe/Deluxe villa resorts like the one you will be staying in will take part in this testing even though they're dealing with a small group/sample. I would try it just to see what it's like. Remember it's only a test to, so there isn't much consequence given up here. Hmm, limited disney experience with a family of two young children, well the first thing you should do is if you have an smart phone, get the My Disney Experience app as that will help you out greatly with current ride time estimation waits and possible on park/property restaurant reservations. One thing I would recommend you as well is that all the resorts have a parks guest relations booth at the resorts that basically help guests like your party and give you suggestions on what your must do's are. Try that like after you unpack in your room and are ready to go to the parks. So look for that at the WL. Most of the suggestions they will make for you guys will probably gear towards your children. Have fun and make sure to post here if you tested the magic band and tell us what it was like.

Edit: Welp I guess you won't be able to participate in this Magic Band testing

parker4fm

Seriously, what do you guys think is so different from what is currently in place? The only new element with the band is that you don't need to go to a fast pass kiosk for every fast pass. And the ability to customize your Test Track experience without a separate card. The band is essentially a Key to the World card in all other aspects. This is NOT a totally new thing.

parker4fm

By the way, I already have the My Disney Experience app and it's actually fun to play with. Lets take a poll...how many have actually downloaded and used the app???

Galen

By the way, I already have the My Disney Experience app and it's actually fun to play with. Lets take a poll...how many have actually downloaded and used the app???
Have it for Android. Nice for what it does but annoys me that the iPhone version seems to have more features (My Reservations is the only one I can think of off the top of my head).

parker4fm

Have it for Android. Nice for what it does but annoys me that the iPhone version seems to have more features (My Reservations is the only one I can think of off the top of my head).

That's surprising that the full list of features isn't available. I'm curious if they have given a timeline of when that will be added??

Tip Top Club

This test will be limited to those staying at Boardwalk, and Yacht and Beach Club.

Genie of the Lamp

I downloaded the My Disney Experience app the first day it came available to my Iphone app store. Haven't used it in the parks though yet cause the last trip I made there was 2 years ago the week before xmas. I'm anxious to use it though when I am on WDW property though. This should definitely be an upgrade over Moblie Magic. Basically what I do now with it is look at it every so often and check to see what wait times are so in the event there's a thread/discussion going on the boards relating to people's trip reports, I can chip in and ask em about what wait times are like,etc. So yeah so far no problems with this app on my Iphone 4s.

Jane Doe

I have the app and deemed it unnecessary (I have it on an iPad which was too much hassle to keep getting it out of my bag) and the free wifi was a bit hit and miss in places too, especially Animal Kingdom. In fact I used the app more at home during the Christmas period to laugh at the absurdity of waiting almost four hours for a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom