MyMagic+ MagicBands to begin testing in parks soon

Sped2424

1. They would not need to shut down the ride, and even if they did for a period time, life would go on.

2. They can afford it.
Im sorry are you an engineer? They wouldnt need to shut down the ride? Have you read anything on the issues facing the problem with the yeti? Because the issue was a simple fix like you are suggesting I think it would have been done by now. I have heard the same story for different cast members and they all say the same thing in order to fix the yeti they would have to shut the ride down for a long period of time.

G00fyDad

Im sorry are you an engineer? They wouldnt need to shut down the ride? Have you read anything on the issues facing the problem with the yeti? Because the issue was a simple fix like you are suggesting I think it would have been done by now.

No one ever said it would be a "simple fix". Don't make up comments to support your statements. Yes, they would likely have to shut down the ride for maybe a few days when they are taking the yeti out/down and then another few when putting him back in. In the extreme event that they had to keep the ride down during the entire "fix", the so be it. It needs to happen. Although no one believes this will happen while it is one of the major draws to the park.

I have heard the same story for different cast members and they all say the same thing in order to fix the yeti they would have to shut the ride down for a long period of time.

Sorry, but Stacy or Bob in Food Services do not count as anyone that has access to an imagineer. The CMs are typically some of the last to find out anything. ;)

Sped2424

No one ever said it would be a "simple fix". Don't make up comments to support your statements. Yes, they would likely have to shut down the ride for maybe a few days when they are taking the yeti out/down and then another few when putting him back in. In the extreme event that they had to keep the ride down during the entire "fix", the so be it. It needs to happen. Although no one believes this will happen while it is one of the major draws to the park.

Sorry, but Stacy or Bob in Food Services do not count as anyone that has access to an imagineer. The CMs are typically some of the last to find out anything. ;)

Really making up comments did I not quote the person who simply said that the ride itself wouldn't even need to be down in order to fix? lol Simple would be something that would take a few days to fix and if you honestly believe that the Everest mountain is one of those things than sure its a simple one week fix. However you would be wrong as for stacy and bob they tend to hear things from management much more than someone with access to the internet. And since you have access to the internet maybe you should research why its so difficult in order to get the yeti out. "because the design limits access to the yeti without major disassembly of the superstructure" ;) I'm not saying they shouldnt fix the ride at all I was saying that it wasn't a simple fix and until they close the ride down for a while it wont happen and if you still think its a simple fix here is an article for you to read.

http://www.yourhighwayinthesky.com/2011/07/disco-or-diva-the-saga-of-expedition-everests-yeti/
Have a magical day :p

G00fyDad

And since you have access to the internet maybe you should research why its so difficult in order to get the yeti out.

I have. So has everyone else here. ;) That's all I am going to say about this. Have fun arguing! :D

Oh, and get a few more posts under your belt before you come in kicking people in the teeth. ;)

Sped2424

I have. So has everyone else here. ;) That's all I am going to say about this. Have fun arguing! :D

Oh, and get a few more posts under your belt before you come in kicking people in the teeth. ;)
Not kicking anyone you posted a response and I simply answered how many posts I put up are irrelevant but like I said have a magical day! :)

Disneyhead'71

No one said the ride wouldn't have to go down to be fixed. What was said is they would have to rip the mountain open. What has to be done is they would have to remove the yeti. Demo the current foundation for the yeti. Add a lot more rebar to a larger, stronger completely redesigned new foundation. And then put the Yeti back. The ride would experience multiple down times to accomplish such a project. But they wouldn't need to rip open the mountain. I have heard conflicting opinions on whether peices of track would have to be removed. But it is a MAJOR project that would include SOME major downtime for the attraction.

G00fyDad

No one said the ride wouldn't have to go down to be fixed. What was said is they would have to rip the mountain open. What has to be done is they would have to remove the yeti. Demo the current foundation for the yeti. Add a lot more rebar to a larger, stronger completely redesigned new foundation. And then put the Yeti back. The ride would experience multiple down times to accomplish such a project. But they wouldn't need to rip open the mountain. I have heard conflicting opinions on whether peices of track would have to be removed. But it is a MAJOR project that would include SOME major downtime for the attraction.

It has been said (wayyyyy back) that the problem is not with the foundation, but rather the sled that the yeti rests on that shoves him out to the guest viewing spot at the critical moment of the ride. It stopped working correctly and developed structural failures. Not the foundation.

bubbles1812

Not kicking anyone you posted a response and I simply answered how many posts I put up are irrelevant but like I said have a magical day! :)
Your article doesn't honestly prove much. And it's only one article from what looks like a fan site. There are people here including the owner who are much more trustworthy than one random article. Also, trying to shove that down peoples' faces trying to say you know best especially here, where people are well read up on the yeti makes most of what you post look silly. If you really want an education, go read all of the yeti thread. To get people to trust the information you post as legit takes quite a while. That's what he meant by gettin some more posts under your belt...it takes time. Trust is earned.

And no, generally frontline CM information is not considered that trustworthy around here. I was there last weekend and was told by a CM that the yeti would be fixed very soon as that is what they'd heard from management. Did I believe that? No. Bus driver information, CM information, ect is generally a garbled version of what the Disney Company would like put out. The employees all want to keep their jobs after all. Sally and Bobby Joe's info is not considered reliable and and repeating their information as fact is not going to get you much credibility here. Sorry.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We just checked in tonight to the AKL and the Check-in guy said they are starting the wristband test here on Sunday. We check out Monday so perhaps I can get one for a day and give it a whirl- wait, is this thread still about wristbands?

Pretty sure it is a CM only test, so unless you are a CM...no tracking handcuff for you.

Rose&Crowner

I wish Disney could track me outside the park too. Oh wait! My Disney exp app!!! Woo hoo!

Point being, you're being tracked already and the Walt Disney company is the least malelovent of all the perps that are doing it. Companies that WE allow to track us have been doing so with phones, duh. the federal gov will do whatever it wants in the name of security with or without our permission, they can see in your house, from space. Deal with it.

NormC

A thought, would it be better in the long run to build a whole new Yeti and place it in the ride. You could leave EE open and create a new Yeti behind the scenes and place him in the mountain when it is ready. The down time for the ride would be less which is a plus in WDW book.
It is really not the yeti. The yeti itself has been repaired and modified a couple times but the force generated by its movements is too much for the foundation or framework it is mounted on. This is the first thing that needs to be fixed.

RickP330

Well - any word on if the bands are in use and how they are working? Like it or not, it seems the decision has already been made...
RP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom