Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sounds like it would have to takeover Momma Melrose and the gift shop then, which to me would be a no brainer. That area of the park is a dead end and its going to need a ride to draw people over there.
It'll be a lot more visible when SWL is finished to "passing trade"

HauntedMansionFLA

Sounds like it would have to takeover Momma Melrose and the gift shop then, which to me would be a no brainer. That area of the park is a dead end and its going to need a ride to draw people over there.
They need to keep dining options on that side of the park once SWL opens and there will be lots of people in that part of the park. DAK has been smart with adding on dining options and all of the little things before Pandora, ROL (maybe) and other night time events come to life.

Nickels5

They need to keep dining options on that side of the park once SWL opens and there will be lots of people in that part of the park. DAK has been smart with adding on dining options and all of the little things before Pandora, ROL (maybe) and other night time events come to life.
I get that but I believe with the new lands opening up there will be 3 new dinning experiences, plus PizzaRizzos which looks like it handle plenty of people, I'm just under the impression a ride would do much more to move the needle then Momma Melrose.

HauntedMansionFLA

I get that but I believe with the new lands opening up there will be 3 new dinning experiences, plus PizzaRizzos which looks like it handle plenty of people, I'm just under the impression a ride would do much more to move the needle then Momma Melrose.
True. But Disney has to let the moths out of their wallets regarding Muppets. Also, Muppets 3D needs to be refreshed or something

FigmentJedi

Definitely. They are kind of a dead franchise right now. Why DHS saves them is beyond me.
I'd say less a dead franchise and more of one that lacks firm direction. Marvel and Lucasfilm have Feige and the Lucasfilm Story Group, but the Muppet Studios just seems to do whatever and do things randomly. Like I keep saying, they should just finish the job and absorb the rest of the Henson Company and benefit both parties: The Muppets get coherent leadership again and the Jim Henson Company has the resources to actually make fantasy films again.

PizzaPlanet

I brought up a point a few months ago about the restroom exterior:
I wonder if the Broadway Plumping sign will be removed. It sort of contradicts the new sign.
Well, it seems like Disney took notice, as the old signage is being painted over.
Before:
20161029_132758-600x450.jpg

After:

upload_2017-2-15_16-49-44.png

WDWbuff2001

Original Poster
It's too bad that there can't be a 'Great Moments in Cinema History' with the Muppets like the American history show at MK. Since the Muppets cinema dark ride won't ever be a thing, this would be a nice compromise. Examples: Pirates of the Caribbean, Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, Indiana Jones, Frozen... anything that Disney could get rights for, really. Idk where there would be space to put it though (wouldn't need too much space, but it shouldn't cause a bottleneck somewhere).

It would be cool in the remaining streets of america facades

WDWbuff2001

Original Poster
As of February 18, 2017 here is what we know so far...

• Muppet Vision 3D is staying as is
  • Former pizza restaurant Pizza Planet, is PizzeRizzo
  • PizzeRizzo is open
  • Gonzos Royal Flush is open, with no muppets theming inside the bathrooms
  • Mrs. Piggy's Fountain is a planter
  • Muppet Vision has permits for a refurbishment.
  • Muppet Vision balloon is gone.
  • There are two platforms on top of Muppet Vision.

As of February 18, 2017 here is what we are speculating...

• Current Streets of America facades across from Muppets Courtyard will lead to a Muppets expansion
  • There is a permit filed for current Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose through late 2017 permit credits to @danlb_2000. although the Mama Melrose rumor has died down.
As of February 18, 2017 here is what is currently Muppet related attractions and shows going on throughout other Walt Disney World Parks...

• Magic Kingdom - The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History!
  • Epcot - Muppet Mobile Lab

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom