Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

OliveMcFly

I was just talking to my co-workers about a larger Muppets theme in DHS without even knowing this was actually happening. Very exciting. Can't wait to see how they expand into the remains of Streets of America.

mikeh

The remaining facade will be visible from the muppet area over the top of the new boundary wall but that's it. It'll be a generic backdrop to both Muppets and the SWL connector corridor, and remain to hide the side of the GMR and Sci Fi.

Seems like if Disney wanted to do it right, they would create the "Streets of America corridor" by removing the facade and putting up a rockwork wall on either side to frame the entrance to SWL.

Keeping the existing facade and not extending Muppets Courtyard to connect with it seems lazy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Seems like if Disney wanted to do it right, they would create the "Streets of America corridor" by removing the facade and putting up a rockwork wall on either side to frame the entrance to SWL.

Keeping the existing facade and not extending Muppets Courtyard to connect with it seems lazy.
Thing is though doing that you'd have to walk through a muppet land to reach a Star Wars land. Having a generic area keeps any thematic clash to a minimum with the added bonus of the facade still providing a visible backdrop for the MV courtyard.

Last edited:

disneyC97

Martin... will remaining sound stages throughout the park be hidden/blocked/rethemed to eventually remove all "studio lot/working studio" views?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin... will remaining sound stages throughout the park be hidden/blocked/rethemed to eventually remove all "studio lot/working studio" views?
1,2 and 3 may blend in more from the TSL side (and be largely invisible since Pixar Place will be backstage)

4 (pretend soundstage) should be removed.

RnrC will possibly have its sign removed when they remember it's there.

The Animation Courtyard theatres will stay looking as such for the foreseeable.

mikeh

Thing is though doing that you'd have to walk through a muppet land to reach a Star Wars land. Having a generic area keeps any thematic clash to a minimum with the added bonus of the facade still providing a visible backdrop for the MV courtyard.

So, walking from Star Tours (which I understand can change come SWL), you'd have a "generic" city scene in front of you that would lead to a tunnel or gateway to SWL. You would still have to veer left to go to Muppets Courtyard and there might be a wall of some sort that would be where the current construction walls are? But at least you'd be able to look over that wall from Muppets Courtyard and see the current SoA facade?

If that's the case, I'd just move the SoA facade up to where the current construction walls are and then add a bunch of rockwork to cover Sci-Fi and the backside of the transported wall.

Just seems like a "generic" area has the potential for dead space and could be used better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, walking from Star Tours (which I understand can change come SWL), you'd have a "generic" city scene in front of you that would lead to a tunnel or gateway to SWL. You would still have to veer left to go to Muppets Courtyard and there might be a wall of some sort that would be where the current construction walls are? But at least you'd be able to look over that wall from Muppets Courtyard and see the current SoA facade?

If that's the case, I'd just move the SoA facade up to where the current construction walls are and then add a bunch of rockwork to cover Sci-Fi and the backside of the transported wall.

Just seems like a "generic" area has the potential for dead space and could be used better.
Why move the facade when it will work where it already is?

Not to mention rockwork will look out of place this side of the SWL berm.

The current plan should work very well. The area will be "generic" on purpose since it'll be a main thoroughfare.

mikeh

Why move the facade when it will work where it already is?

Not to mention rockwork will look out of place this side of the SWL berm.

The current plan should work very well. The area will be "generic" on purpose since it'll be a main thoroughfare.

I guess my problem comes with the wall that is (supposed?) to go between Muppets Courtyard and this generic area.

Maybe it'll be done well.

If they do eventually decide to re-theme Star Tours and TT (post SWE opening) a useable Marvel property might blend nicely with the courtyard and existing façade in close proximity. I know the rights issues regarding Marvel properties, but with so much of that universe set in NYC that whole area could become a Manhattan style section of the Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom