Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

El_Tomato

Why move the facade when it will work where it already is?

Not to mention rockwork will look out of place this side of the SWL berm.

The current plan should work very well. The area will be "generic" on purpose since it'll be a main thoroughfare.
So, how will the SoA/SWL transition work? Will it be some simple rockwork you go under or something more complex?

Robert Rosko

So he's officially gone now?, because Muppets Most Wanted isn't new new anymore, and he kinda ruined the best part of the pre show of that attraction.

The only mentions to Constantine I remember seeing in Muppets Courtyard are "Wanted" posters that are still on a few exterior walls. There was one near Mama Melrose's a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• constantine.jpg
    constantine.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 133

Goofyernmost

Although the Muppets are a great IP, and I am so glad that the film, one of Jim Henson's last big efforts, has become a classic and therefore probably will be saved forever. However, that said, it is not a huge IP. The space given along with the Movie and the new Restaurant (along with possibly another Muppet theme with Mama's place) is sufficient for now. I think that there is a good chance (just a guess, don't ask for a source) that what is now Star Tours will become a Muppet attraction in the end. Pigs in Space seem to be a really good connective tissue that is not Star Wars, but, is vaguely related and could be very humorous and entertaining as one approaches SWL.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Although the Muppets are a great IP, and I am so glad that the film, one of Jim Henson's last big efforts, has become a classic and therefore probably will be saved forever. However, that said, it is not a huge IP. The space given along with the Movie and the new Restaurant (along with possibly another Muppet theme with Mama's place) is sufficient for now. I think that there is a good chance (just a guess, don't ask for a source) that what is now Star Tours will become a Muppet attraction in the end. Pigs in Space seem to be a really good connective tissue that is not Star Wars, but, is vaguely related and could be very humorous and entertaining as one approaches SWL.
With all the muppet movies, they've traveled and been to so many places... A Muppet Tours could be just like Star Tours with multiple different experiences, each featuring a different Muppet experience with loads of laughs and humor. I could even see a joke about them taking over the Star Tours building. Could work

FoozieBear

I've been a bit out of the loop and wasn't able to read through all the comments, but what is happening with Mama Melrose? Were those plans cancelled/delayed or is it still scheduled to happen?

Marc Davis Fan

With all the muppet movies, they've traveled and been to so many places... A Muppet Tours could be just like Star Tours with multiple different experiences, each featuring a different Muppet experience with loads of laughs and humor. I could even see a joke about them taking over the Star Tours building. Could work

My only concern about that is, since the ATLAS ride system is no longer impressive in itself, it requires really impressive visuals to create a good ride experience. I think that's what makes Star Tours 2.0 work. The Muppets wouldn't be conducive to spectacular scenery and special effects. Something Marvel might be, though.

Goofyernmost

My only concern about that is, since the ATLAS ride system is no longer itself impressive, it requires really impressive visuals to create a good ride experience. I think that's what makes Star Tours 2.0 work. The Muppets wouldn't be conducive to spectacular scenery and special effects. Something Marvel might, though.
I am not one that gets all upset about IP's, but, in all that is holy... keep Marvel the hell out of WDW completely.

FigmentJedi

My only concern about that is, since the ATLAS ride system is no longer impressive in itself, it requires really impressive visuals to create a good ride experience. I think that's what makes Star Tours 2.0 work. The Muppets wouldn't be conducive to spectacular scenery and special effects. Something Marvel might be, though.
A Muppet simulator film could easily be built around comedy and gags. Star Tours 2.0 is already clogged with more cheap 3D tricks then MuppetVision. So much so that it takes you out of the Star Wars universe somewhat. Plus you could combine filmed elements with animatronic Muppets in-cabin.

HauntedMansionFLA

A Muppet simulator film could easily be built around comedy and gags. Star Tours 2.0 is already clogged with more cheap 3D tricks then MuppetVision. So much so that it takes you out of the Star Wars universe somewhat. Plus you could combine filmed elements with animatronic Muppets in-cabin.
Indiana Jones Stunt Show is right next to Star Tours, new movies coming out, very popular IP.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think that would fit in there just fine. Let's do that! :cool:
You could have a mini land. I love Star Wars but a smile comes to my face when the Indiana Jones music starts up. Hopefully there will be more at DHS. The Muppets area is looking good with the love it's getting here lately. All of this is very important since it will get a lot more foot traffic once SWL and TSL opens up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've been a bit out of the loop and wasn't able to read through all the comments, but what is happening with Mama Melrose? Were those plans cancelled/delayed or is it still scheduled to happen?

Nothing definite. Not even definite plans mentioned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom