Most disappointing attraction?

DsnyFevr

We go four times a year and mine has always been stitch. First time I got off it, I thought how dumb it's not even a ride but they make you think it is with the harness.
What attractions did you find to be most of a let down? Mine are:

7DMT
Voyage of the little mermaid
Finding Nemo musical
HM (don't understand the hype)
Test Track was slightly disappointing too.

Also has anyone seen the new Cinderella popcorn bucket for the new movie? SO CUTE

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...remium-popcorn-bucket-coming-to-disney-parks/

LauraRose

Original Poster
Surprised by all of the negativity towards the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train... I haven't been on it yet, but I watched some ride-throughs on YouTube and it looked decent enough to ME...

A lot of things can look 'decent' on YouTube.. Experiencing it is not the same.

JAG107

Well, for truly DISAPPOINTING, Stitch has to be #1 for me. Rode it once 8 years ago and haven't been back.
Honorable mentions go to Speedway (although it's not really disappointing- you see what you're getting into before getting in line, so it is the riders' fault for coming away from that feeling like it was a waste of time), Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk. For those that feel gyped by Peter Pan, try riding it with a 2-5 year old who adores Peter Pan and the Jake show on Disney Jr...that has a lot to do with the long wait there I'm sure :)
Just about everything else at WDW has it's value to me, I guess I just love the place too much!

hth1917

Either Journey of the Little Mermaid or Kali River Rapids. Both are greatly disappointing.

I rode SDMT soon after opening expecting to hate it as much as I hate JotLM. I actually loved it. It's not all that it might have been, but it's still easily the best new attraction in the MK since Splash Mountain.

Peter Pan's Flight needs TLC, but the opening flight over moonlit London is one of my favorite moments in any ride ever.

But It's a Small World, The Haunted Mansion, the Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise? I don't know what to say to folks who regard those as disappointing.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Surprised by all of the negativity towards the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train... I haven't been on it yet, but I watched some ride-throughs on YouTube and it looked decent enough to ME...
If you look at it like a dark ride with a good deal of outdoor and light roller coaster feel you will really enjoy it but if you are expecting a high thrill roller coaster you will be dissapointed.

I like the dark ride amped up approach but most on this board expected a short roller coaster with more thrill.

Bairstow

A lot of people on here got ahold of what was supposedly one of the original track layouts for the attraction and are convinced that the attraction was going to be some sort of world-changing E-ticket-plus ride that would outdo all the Harry Potter attractions before the budget was slashed.

These expectations were never reasonable.

Chef Mickey

A lot of people on here got ahold of what was supposedly one of the original track layouts for the attraction and are convinced that the attraction was going to be some sort of world-changing E-ticket-plus ride that would outdo all the Harry Potter attractions before the budget was slashed.

These expectations were never reasonable.
Expectations should be lofty and met more consistently these days. Newer attractions aren't comparing to previous e-tickets like EE, Splash, Tower of Terror, or even Test Track and Mission Space.

Magenta Panther

So you don't get the "hype" about the Haunted Mansion.

You weren't impressed by the Tower of Terror.

But you luv Captain EO and Muppets 3D.

no8bqvywbexmjeoazwqf.jpg

LauraRose

Original Poster
So you don't get the "hype" about the Haunted Mansion.

You weren't impressed by the Tower of Terror.

But you luv Captain EO and Muppets 3D.

no8bqvywbexmjeoazwqf.jpg

Huh who is this a reply to? I said I don't get the HM hype but tower of terror is one of my favourites, someone else commented they was not impressed with TOT. Also was different people that love EO, this seems to be a bit of a vague comment as if aimed towards a certain person, however is a mixture of different opinions on this thread.

LauraRose

Original Poster
You guys were talking about different affects on people on mision space. I'm 13, 100 pounds, 5 feet tall. Mision space doesn't bother me, I feel the force, but don't get dizzy or sick

Yeah I feel the force but not to the extent other people say about it, was perfectly fine throughout it

Otterhead

Ugh...Mission Space. Hate that stupid "ride"
I'm still bitter they got rid of Horizons for it. It's unforgivable.
Not really. I have a lot of nostalgia for Horizons, but wow, it was getting dated when they closed it, and it'd just be ridiculously dated now. That's the tricky thing about designing attractions about the future... they're guesswork, and they get dated super fast. Trying to maintain, refurb, and upkeep Horizons to keep it 'ahead of the present' would be incredibly expensive, sadly. Mission Space is very popular and a lot of people (like myself) think it's a lot of fun, so I think they made the right call in replacing it.

Matt_Black

My list...

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse- Combining the fun of climbing stairs with the pop cultural appeal of a half century old mediocre family film!
Soarin'- Not bad, but from all the hype I was expecting more.
Stitch's Great Escape- There are nuggets of a good attraction here, but even my charitability towards to the potential was overwhelmed by the sheer, Godawful stench inside.
Tomorrowland Speedway- Aside from some lovely views around the area, there is absolutely nothing to differentiate this attraction from the numerous imitations at other theme parks around the country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom