Most disappointing attraction?

mcurtiss

Journey of the Little Mermaid was a little meh to me.
Soarin' is fine if you don't have to wait for it.
Mr. Pooh's Wild Ride I guess is OK, but not worthy of its predecessor.

TBrooker11

Peter Pan's Flight (Made the mistake of hopping in line because it said 45 minutes and we had some time to kill, took over 65 minutes for a terrible ride.)
Country Bear Jamboree (Was a lot better when I was in the 3rd grade, now I went to it and couldn't wait to get out.)
Stitch's Great Escape (Everyone knows why haha)
Tomorrowland Speedway (Expected more of go-karts than stuck on a line with bad steering carts.)
Walt Disney World Railroad (Expected it to be like Busch Garden's where you actually see stuff, didn't know it was really only meant for transportation.)
Captain EO (Expected more with MJ, Lucas, Coppola, etc attached.)
Journey Into Imagination (After hearing all the buzz about Figment, the ride disappointed.)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends (Might have been the biggest waste of my time in Disney)
Ellen's Energy Adventure (expected Ellen to be funnier)

Not to mention Downtown Disney and Disney Quest. So glad I got into DQ for free or I would have been pretty upset. Downtown Disney is terrible and overcrowded, the shops are all so boring.

Flippin'Flounder

I feel like I'm the only person who's made a conscious effort to do all the attractions right now. Someone tell me I'm wrong.
49.gif
57.gif
I try but we only go 3 days, no park hopper, so we can't do everything. Luckily we go every year so that makes up for the loss.

Magenta Panther

Huh who is this a reply to? I said I don't get the HM hype but tower of terror is one of my favourites, someone else commented they was not impressed with TOT. Also was different people that love EO, this seems to be a bit of a vague comment as if aimed towards a certain person, however is a mixture of different opinions on this thread.

Beg your pardon - Mr. Kitty's expression was aimed at the general consensus you speak of, not you personally.

So, most disappointing attraction? For me, it's a toss-up between the current Journey Into Imagination and Stitch's Great Escape. In the case of Journey, I never experienced it in its original incarnation. I rode it in its current state after reading people's rave reviews, and afterward, all I could say was

image.png

THIS is supposed to be a great ride? It was awful. Then I did some research and realized what had happened to it, and THEN I saw a video of the original version. It made me want to cry, seriously.

As for Stitch...what a shame. The tech and design are top-notch, but the story is terrible. Stitch comes off as extremely unlikable IMO. And the attraction is obnoxious, not at all fun, and those stupid chairs crush your shoulders. Also, the one and only time I experienced it, it made some of the kids in my group cry. Bad show, Disney, very bad show.

Last edited:

DABIGCHEEZ

While I may totally disagree with your entire list there... It is your own opinion and I respect it! :) I honestly have quite a few attractions that were "let downs"...

The Enchanted Tiki Room -- I've always enjoyed the "Under New Management" show and I had never seen the original version. When I finally got to see the original, I was very underwhelmed. Everyone on these forums were praising the original coming back, and all I can say is.. The only somewhat-good part of the entire experience is the new pre-show. The show itself is VERY very boring. Would work well as a restaurant though, like it was originally supposed to be. But as a stand alone show, it is the most boring attraction on Disney property in my opinion.

Jungle Cruise -- Again.. I've always seen this attraction praised on forums and I haven't ever ridden it until a few years ago. I understand the nostalgia and blah blah but really it's pathetically boring and cheesy. And I understand that the cheesiness is supposed to be funny and all.. But out of the 8 times I've ridden this ride, only 2 cast members made it funny. The rest just made the entire thing seem very stupid and very outdated and very unenthusiastic. They need to get cast members that make this attraction actually worth the 45 minute wait it usually gets in the afternoon rather than some college guy just trying to make a few bucks. It needs actual actors.

Maelstrom -- It was just sorta.. Meh. I can easily understand the fan base it made as it was quite a unique attraction. But I never understood the wait for it. It was short and it made absolutely no sense. It was weird. Different, but weird. Truth be told I only stopped by this attraction if* the line was short. Though I did enjoy it, but not up to the point where it's still being praised today. It was just alright.

Soarin -- I just wasn't impressed when I first rode it when I was little. Didn't understand why the wait time gets so long, and I STILL don't understand why. I personally grew up with Food Rocks and literally cried in tears when I saw construction walls around it. But that was just me.

I agree with these attractions. And for what its worth... I was one who voice my opposition to the return of the original Enchanted Tiki Room. Having seen both many times, I found the the Under New management version a refreshing change that brought some much needed energy to the otherwise boring show. Now that the original has been back, we have been in once and the kids asked " Why did they change it? This version is boring."

Will add...

When they brought back Captain EO... I thought why? I did not see it back when it was there originally and had no intention to see it a few years back. My wife wanted to see it since she never did... after seeing it, she then agreed with me. My kids had really no opinion of it. I/we probably would've had a different oppinion of it were the 1980s or 90s

Lights Motor Action Stunt Show... watched it the first year it was there... no need to see again EVER!
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectactular... see LMA show comments above.

Last edited:

Fizban

NelsonRD

To be honest, I think it's still an incredible building with great animatronic dinosaurs. It actually portrays dinosaurs better than Dinosaur! at AK. Sure, there are some broken effects and the Ellen Jeopardy theme is dated, but it's still fun and the Jeopardy theme and Bill Nye are solid...dated, but not unbearable at all. I mean, Jeopardy is still on TV and Ellen is still relevant. You even see Bill Nye occasionally.

The building's stature is just huge inside and I love the lighting, subtle music, and dinosaurs.

I am sorry - I cannot disagree more. The intro is childish, Ellen is not funny (yeah I said it). The Dinosaur sequence is interesting, but lacks continuity - from Dinosaurs, to fire, to skyscrapers? The different methods of energy is interesting but lacks any details - for the length of the show, that deserves some more time. And the ending, again, childish, not funny. I feel this attraction was written and designed with the idea of trying to be and hip/funny, which in my opinion, has failed. Why does everything need to be hip?

Chef Mickey

I am sorry - I cannot disagree more. The intro is childish, Ellen is not funny (yeah I said it). The Dinosaur sequence is interesting, but lacks continuity - from Dinosaurs, to fire, to skyscrapers? The different methods of energy is interesting but lacks any details - for the length of the show, that deserves some more time. And the ending, again, childish, not funny. I feel this attraction was written and designed with the idea of trying to be and hip/funny, which in my opinion, has failed. Why does everything need to be hip?
Agree on some level. I think the continuity issue is a bit of a stretch because they are trying to show how energy was formed and is now extracted and used in the real world today. Basically from Dino time to current very quickly.

I do think the dinosaurs part should be expanded and some of the "movie" sequences need updating/replacement with working animatronic scenes. Less Ellen would be fine and I've never been a supporter of the celebrity tie in. I'm simply stating it's not as bad of a celebrity tie in as people make it sound and there are some really cool aspects of the ride. The intro is just a movie and could and perhaps should be changed, but still think the ride has some solid components. It DOES need updating, but it's not awful and I think has aged pretty well considering the rest of EPCOT.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I personally grew up with Food Rocks and literally cried in tears when I saw construction walls around it.

I was sad when Kitchen Kabaret was replaced by Food Rocks... seems that area of The Land Pavilion is just built on tears... I still hear their words echoing in my sleep... "veggie, fruit, fruit... veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit..."

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I was sad when Kitchen Kabaret was replaced by Food Rocks... seems that area of The Land Pavilion is just built on tears... I still hear their words echoing in my sleep... "veggie, fruit, fruit... veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit..."

I respect your passion for Kitchen Kabaret! But for me personally, I like Food Rocks better. Granted, I've never seen KK in person, and I'm not saying I disliked it when I watched it on youtube, I thought it was great.

I actually think the two shows even out. Kitchen Kabaret had much better audio animatronics, which is something that Food Rocks sorely lacked. It amazes me how Disney got away with that.. Like. Why? It a AA show, that's all you're looking at! Make them look amazing!

But in my personal opinion, Food Rock's music was so much better. The rock and roll music parody really made the attraction quite entertaining and funny for people into that music. My dad loved the show because he loves 80's rock and it was hilarious seeing these characters re-word lyrics about good nutrition. It was genius! This is what The Country Bears needs to do.

Otterhead

I'm simply stating it's not as bad of a celebrity tie in as people make it sound and there are some really cool aspects of the ride. The intro is just a movie and could and perhaps should be changed, but still think the ride has some solid components. It DOES need updating, but it's not awful and I think has aged pretty well considering the rest of EPCOT.
It's aged remarkably well considering when it went in. Ellen was more or less just a charming comedian when it was created; now she's a much loved talk show host, so she's more relevant now than she was then. Same with Bill Nye, who's gone from being just "the Science Guy" to being a champion of science education. It's ironic that the thing that gives its age away most is Alex Trebek's mustache. Ellen's brand of comedy might not be some folks' cup of tea but she's certainly got a gigantic fan-base... which is more than I can say for Martin Short.

Chef Mickey

I grew up on Kitchen Kabaret is a child and loved it. I thought i was the only one singing "Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit..." LOL

I did however enjoy Food Rocks a lot and was actually sad when it was replaced with Soarin. Sure, Soarin' is a better ride, but it always makes me sad to see a complete attraction be killed off versus updated or moved.

Chef Mickey

It's aged remarkably well considering when it went in. Ellen was more or less just a charming comedian when it was created; now she's a much loved talk show host, so she's more relevant now than she was then. Same with Bill Nye, who's gone from being just "the Science Guy" to being a champion of science education. It's ironic that the thing that gives its age away most is Alex Trebek's mustache. Ellen's brand of comedy might not be some folks' cup of tea but she's certainly got a gigantic fan-base... which is more than I can say for Martin Short.
Totally agree...they could photoshop Trebek's mustache and somehow update the clothes tehy are wearing and people might think it was just filmed recently! They did luck out by choosing 3 personalities that are still relevant or even more relevant as you say in Ellen's case.

To me, that trio doesn't completely ruin the ride, but I do think they rely a bit too much on the Jeopardy component. Even getting Jamie Lee Curtis was a pretty good casting job.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
^^Well, of all of the parks, EPCOT has probably changed the most... mostly for the better... but since I went to Disney so much as an 80's/90's kid, so many of my fondest memories are from the old school EPCOT... Cranium Command (which they could TOTALLY remake with this new Pixar movie "Inside Out" coming out soon), the song "Tomorrow's Child" on Spaceship Earth, getting your picture with Dreamfinder and Figment, the smell of oranges in the queue for Horizon, the "Listen to the Land" song ... heck, even the rainbow costumes the characters wore... sure it all seems dated now, but it's like every time something at EPCOT changes a little part of my childhood disappears...

But back on topic... what ride disappointed me? Going to go out on a limb and say Rockin' Rollercoaster... is it a bad ride? No, not really, but it just feels cheap... the last portion of the queue and the boarding area.. great Disney quality... the majority of the queue and the majority of the ride itself? Felt more like Six Flags...the outdoor queue really has nothing... the majority of the ride itself is just cartoony backlight signs turning on and off. I like the "light show"/"rock concert" feel of the Paris version better...

Brer Panther

Ellen's brand of comedy might not be some folks' cup of tea but she's certainly got a gigantic fan-base... which is more than I can say for Martin Short.

I like Martin Short!

On the subject of which nutrition-themed show was better, I found both to be kind of cheesy... But I'll take Fud Wrapper over Bonnie Appetite anyday.

J_Carioca

But you don't have to plan out every moment. Just make advanced reservations for 3 rides and then more if you want to. The rest of your time can be spent unplanned and doing what you want.

And why are you looking at your phone so much? You set up the ride reservation then wait for that time to come. Doesn't require you to look at your phone, unless you use it as a watch. Then you would have to so you know when to get to the ride reservation...which you would have had to do under the old system as well.

You have to use the app for so many things. You have to use it to get fastpasses, then to change them if needed, then you have to use it again to get more fastpasses (so many of the kiosks weren't working when we were there).

And you have to use it for dining reservations as well. On the last trip I walked up to the Plaza and tried to get a reservation, and the person I spoke to told me that she could not make a reservation for me at the restaurant itself, I would have to do it on the app. There's something seriously wrong with that. Two human beings talking to each other in real time, yet unable to conduct a simple transaction if it's not online.

Honestly, looking around on my last trip, it seemed like everyone was on a phone all the time...on the buses, monorails, in line-ups and in restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom