Most disappointing attraction?

Cmdr_Crimson

The Tangled Toliets...What a Crappy Idea..
familyguyface.png

AndyS2992

Soarin' (So cheap and badly made, will never understand why people love it)
Peter Pan's Flight (Needs major work on it, very dated, clunky and dirty inside)
Pirates of the Caribbean (Disneyland and DL Paris's versions are so much better)
Captain EO (Can't believe people campaigned to bring back this nonsense)
Stitch's Great Escape (Don't even know where to start on this one)
Journey in to Imagination (Don't know where to start on this one either)

That's about it.

ChesterKiwi

The Tangled Toliets...What a Crappy Idea..
familyguyface.png
I'm dying over here. :hilarious:

I still don't understand why I don't hear a ton of criticism for the Country Bear Jamboree. I'd rather be belched on by Stitch than sit through that, and this is after I decided to give it another chance. Most disappointing by far if you ask me.

The EO hate continues...I must be the only person in the world who likes Captain EO and would go to it five times in a week... :(

matt9112

I'm going to preface this by saying "unlike" previous posters I look at each attraction as it is and it's intentions I don't look at everything via a single standard. With that said my short list is as follows:

Stiche's great escape: the plot line is the only think with any tangible like ability and even that is weak. The attraction portion is horrid...And is nor funny nor scary. just think in 3 years if it still stands disney holds it more highly regarded than horizons. Insainty.

Nemo at the seas: this is by far the biggest waste of money in epcot history. (Above the wand people) the only thing good about the ride and honestly I enjoyed was the que. The ride was shoehorned in with little effort or excitement bringing nothing good in my mind afterwards.

matt9112

I'm dying over here. :hilarious:

I still don't understand why I don't hear a ton of criticism for the Country Bear Jamboree. I'd rather be belched on by Stitch than sit through that, and this is after I decided to give it another chance. Most disappointing by far if you ask me.

The EO hate continues...I must be the only person in the world who likes Captain EO and would go to it five times in a week... :(

This and the tiki birds are the only things I think I have never done at MK

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What attractions did you find to be most of a let down? Mine are:

7DMT
Voyage of the little mermaid
Finding Nemo musical
HM (don't understand the hype)
Test Track was slightly disappointing too.

While I may totally disagree with your entire list there... It is your own opinion and I respect it! :) I honestly have quite a few attractions that were "let downs"...

The Enchanted Tiki Room -- I've always enjoyed the "Under New Management" show and I had never seen the original version. When I finally got to see the original, I was very underwhelmed. Everyone on these forums were praising the original coming back, and all I can say is.. The only somewhat-good part of the entire experience is the new pre-show. The show itself is VERY very boring. Would work well as a restaurant though, like it was originally supposed to be. But as a stand alone show, it is the most boring attraction on Disney property in my opinion.

Jungle Cruise -- Again.. I've always seen this attraction praised on forums and I haven't ever ridden it until a few years ago. I understand the nostalgia and blah blah but really it's pathetically boring and cheesy. And I understand that the cheesiness is supposed to be funny and all.. But out of the 8 times I've ridden this ride, only 2 cast members made it funny. The rest just made the entire thing seem very stupid and very outdated and very unenthusiastic. They need to get cast members that make this attraction actually worth the 45 minute wait it usually gets in the afternoon rather than some college guy just trying to make a few bucks. It needs actual actors.

Maelstrom -- It was just sorta.. Meh. I can easily understand the fan base it made as it was quite a unique attraction. But I never understood the wait for it. It was short and it made absolutely no sense. It was weird. Different, but weird. Truth be told I only stopped by this attraction if* the line was short. Though I did enjoy it, but not up to the point where it's still being praised today. It was just alright.

Soarin -- I just wasn't impressed when I first rode it when I was little. Didn't understand why the wait time gets so long, and I STILL don't understand why. I personally grew up with Food Rocks and literally cried in tears when I saw construction walls around it. But that was just me.

Festival of the Lion King -- I'm not going to say anything. I'm just going to say that I don't understand the big hub about this show. It's alright. But I don't really care anything about it.

Peter Pan's Flight -- I rank this as number one out of all of these for most over rated attraction of all time. Never have I ever understood the wait time. Never have I ever understood the popularity of this attraction. Maybe it's just the movie name itself.. Or maybe it's kids wanting to see tinker bell. Or maybe the attraction's name catches peoples attention. Maybe because it's a classic. Whatever the reason, I don't see it. I don't like the ride. I despise this ride. Mainly because of the wait time it gets. It's so short. It's so outdated. And now that they've upgraded the queue line to what it is now, I'm sure that if I had experienced this attraction for the first time after waiting in that awesome line, I would have expected SOOOO much more than it actually is! It's in my opinion just time well spent somewhere else unless it's a walk on. HAH.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

I feel the same way about EO the same way you feel about the Country Bears.. And the same way to the Country Bears as you would to EO! :p

WondersOfLife

To each his own. My favorite spot in all of Epcot is in that theater listening to MJ. ;)

Can't you seeee?
You're just another part of me!

I'm actually just fibbing. I actually enjoy Captain EO! But not for the film or storyline.. It's only the music and dance I like. And that is the only reason I still see it. I saw it Disneyland too! I like the outdoor entrance there, it feels cozy.

But. I do love Country Bear Jamboree with a passion. Probably because I live in South Carolina.. So it represents the culture I'm familiar with here. It still gets its chuckles as well. :3

ChesterKiwi

I'm actually just fibbing. I actually enjoy Captain EO! But not for the film or storyline.. It's only the music and dance I like. And that is the only reason I still see it. I saw it Disneyland too! I like the outdoor entrance there, it feels cozy.

But. I do love Country Bear Jamboree with a passion. Probably because I live in South Carolina.. So it represents the culture I'm familiar with here. It still gets its chuckles as well. :3
I love the film. It's like a long Michael Jackson music video with a little touch of George Lucas and Disney. Every time I see Hooter I think of Max Reebo from Jabba the Hutt's band in Return of the Jedi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom