Most disappointing attraction?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
After breezing over this thread, I am shocked nobody nominated Universe of Energy. This is by far the worst most disappointing attraction of all. As underwhelming some of the other attractions mentioned here can be, I can still enjoy them - Universe of Energy on the other hand, I have not been on in over 10 years. Just to make sure I wasn't missing something, I just tried to watch a video of it before I posted it. I didn't finish it.

Well.. I mean. Maybe it hasn't made the thread because people seem to not expect much by the outside of the pavilion. There's never anybody around it. It literally even sits next to an abandoned pavilion. Nobody ever speaks of it. No cast member ever recommends it. So maybe it's not "disappointing" but what people are kind of expecting.

wdwfan4ver

Alien Encounter- I found it boring back in 2000. I know a lot of people liked the attraction, but I never did. I hope no one falsely accuses me trying to be cool or hip by mentioning attraction, when it isn't the case. I just never enjoyed the attraction.

SGE- I didn't know what to expect there on a rainy day, and what I saw was worse than I expected. I it is a bad attraction plan and simple.

The Seas With Nemo and Friends attraction -The issue with the ride the execution of it. The attraction has a bad blend of combining live animals in the sea with the characters they have in the Nemo universe. This is an issue since Epcot isn't designed to make rides from cartoon movies with no education value.

Tiki Room under new Management- this is a prime example of doing a bad update before the tiki gods finally said enough is enough by damaging annoying birds in a cookout.

Test track the new version: This version is worse than the old version from my view. This attraction over thinks itself. The attraction itself isn't as good the old one plus it is a tron reject from my viewpoint. Designing your vehicle is this case done poorly considering the fact the best rating goes to making your car into a monster truck that Chevy Dealerships don't sell.

Journey into your Imagination - This is worst update to an attraction at WDW of all time and it says a lot based on Eisner himself demanded this attraction needed to replaced. The update is lesson 101 for how to make a classic attraction into one on the shortest lifespans of a Disney theme park ride ever:banghead:.

Last edited:

NelsonRD

Well.. I mean. Maybe it hasn't made the thread because people seem to not expect much by the outside of the pavilion. There's never anybody around it. It literally even sits next to an abandoned pavilion. Nobody ever speaks of it. No cast member ever recommends it. So maybe it's not "disappointing" but what people are kind of expecting.

Possibly - however, I have high expectations for anything in a Disney park. Saying that UOE is an acceptable failure, is like saying the blue screen of death in Windows is acceptable because we like other parts of the OS.

In a forum where people are quick to point out missing effects, burnt out light bulbs, chipped paint, and ready to burn down Imagination, I am just surprised that UOE gets a free pass on how terrible it is.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

The Little Mermaid ride. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: it looks like they wasted all of their money on the Audio-Animatronics and had to finish up the ride with what little they have left.

Wasn't a huge fan of Captain EO, either.

And while I never actually went on them, I watched Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks on YouTube and thought they weren't that great. Although I do think the Tone Loc Nutrition Label is awesome.

wdwfan4ver

The Little Mermaid ride. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: it looks like they wasted all of their money on the Audio-Animatronics and had to finish up the ride with what little they have left.
Thanks for reminding about this attraction. This is one that I forgot about when I posted. I went to this attraction once and I though the money went into the rock work and queue. The rock work and the queue made me expect a better attraction than it was.

copcarguyp71

Voyage of the Little Mermaid (if it lived up to the build up of the queue it would be tremendous)
TSMM
Maelstrom (I only saw it in the past two years after the decline)

WondersOfLife

Possibly - however, I have high expectations for anything in a Disney park. Saying that UOE is an acceptable failure, is like saying the blue screen of death in Windows is acceptable because we like other parts of the OS.

In a forum where people are quick to point out missing effects, burnt out light bulbs, chipped paint, and ready to burn down Imagination, I am just surprised that UOE gets a free pass on how terrible it is.

It's not the attraction itself that's bad though.. It's the show quality. The broken effects. The ride does have potential. It's just dated and broken.

The same way expedition Everest has potential but with a broken yeti. Or Peter pans flight but with outdated animatronics and dustiness.

Maybe it depends on how you're replying to this thread.. Show quality? Or quality of what the attraction is supposed to be??

Captain EO has great show quality, but some would believe it is very dated and cheesy.

Tiki Room has decent show quality, but others find it extremely boring.

Then there's attractions that don't exceed expectations because of bad show quality based on maintenance. Hense: energy, carousel of progress..

There's no reason for universe of energy to be the way it is right now. It actually is quite a funny attraction if maintained and updated properly.

Chef Mickey

After breezing over this thread, I am shocked nobody nominated Universe of Energy. This is by far the worst most disappointing attraction of all. As underwhelming some of the other attractions mentioned here can be, I can still enjoy them - Universe of Energy on the other hand, I have not been on in over 10 years. Just to make sure I wasn't missing something, I just tried to watch a video of it before I posted it. I didn't finish it.
To be honest, I think it's still an incredible building with great animatronic dinosaurs. It actually portrays dinosaurs better than Dinosaur! at AK. Sure, there are some broken effects and the Ellen Jeopardy theme is dated, but it's still fun and the Jeopardy theme and Bill Nye are solid...dated, but not unbearable at all. I mean, Jeopardy is still on TV and Ellen is still relevant. You even see Bill Nye occasionally.

The building's stature is just huge inside and I love the lighting, subtle music, and dinosaurs.

Chef Mickey

Voyage of the Little Mermaid (if it lived up to the build up of the queue it would be tremendous)
TSMM
Maelstrom (I only saw it in the past two years after the decline)
Agree on Ariel. All of New Fantasyland has that beautiful exterior but let down on the delivery feel. It's disappointing overall and screams budget cuts.

SeanWM48

love the parks but there are plenty of stinkers
-Tiki Room - total drag. come on. skipped it our last 2 visits.
-Small world. yes i know it's everybody's nostalgic favorite. would rather take a 20 minute nap.
-test track - rode it in '13 and the line was insane, longest line i've ever waited in for a ride at disney. was not worth the trouble. designing the vehicle ahead of time is a decent idea but mostly for kids. felt like a big chevy commercial.
-spaceship earth at epcot. yawn.
-mission space at epcot - another one to skip. wow that acting is terrible. Gary Sinise mails that performance in hard

Bairstow

Mission:Space, hands-down.
Considering what Disney paid for it, the fact that it's as simple and boring as it is was exceedingly disappointing.
Disney seemed to think so to, since they sued the manufacturer: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...onmental-tectonics-walt-disney-disney-refused

At least the exterior is pretty.

mission-space-580.jpg

WondersOfLife

Mission:Space, hands-down.
Considering what Disney paid for it, the fact that it's as simple and boring as it is was exceedingly disappointing.
Disney seemed to think so to, since they sued the manufacturer: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...onmental-tectonics-walt-disney-disney-refused

At least the exterior is pretty.

mission-space-580.jpg
I second that motion. For some reason I thought it was going to be a roller coaster when I first went on it just by the title and exterior of the building.. Like a second version of Space Mountain. That would've been better in my opinion.

chipndale09

When it was in existence, Narnia, can I have those 15mins of my life back.

Then there is or was, not sure if it still there?? , I can't rememeber what is was called, in the Innovations building. A 3D movie about tornado winds and how they affect a house. Was basically an infommercial for GE (?) windows and roof tiles..haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom