Monorail voice narration on busses

Father Robinson

Original Poster
I used to love the resort specific music - I'm assuming that's gone too? The banjo music they used to play on the way back to Port Orleans always makes me smile just before the 'Welcome Home'. I'm hoping this might be a temporary stop-gap while the do a new sound track to all the routes, would be sad if it was cut completely.
So far they still play the resort music on the busses.

Rob562

Is there something about the arrival narration at one (or more) of the parks that was wrong or outdated and they needed to re-record? Perhaps the new narration is temporary until they can re-record all park arrival narrations and roll them out at the same time?

-Rob

Cmdr_Crimson

Today While I went to Party City I heard a recognizable voice while walking through...I heard Joe Hursh's voice and mention all the different products and even say "You can also have a Magical Party with your Favorite Disney Princesses And Pals"....I felt Like I was on the bus again.....*Feels*

But, if you want to check out his other voice over work check out his site....http://www.joehursh.com/

rnese

Same goes for the Wake Up Call you would get from Mickey Mouse (If they still do that). At one point Stitch and Mickey were both giving a good morning call to guests.

Right! I was at the WL this past July and nothing! The wakeup call was just a call. NO RECORDING! My kids were disappointed...and so was I quite frankly.

Tom

Beta Return
Today While I went to Party City I heard a recognizable voice while walking through...I heard Joe Hursh's voice and mention all the different products and even say "You can also have a Magical Party with your Favorite Disney Princesses And Pals"....I felt Like I was on the bus again.....*Feels*

But, if you want to check out his other voice over work check out his site....http://www.joehursh.com/

I hired Joe to do the announcements on the voice mail system at one of my businesses. I get chills when I hear them.

trampdog

Wow! Four pages of disgust over a voice-over announcement? That's wild!

I've been doing VO for years as a side job (commercials, narration, movies, and theme parks) and have never heard anyone complain about them. It's not a permanent thing, ever. If it was, I'd be charging by the play, not the hour.

Smiley/OCD

Wow! Four pages of disgust over a voice-over announcement? That's wild!

I've been doing VO for years as a side job (commercials, narration, movies, and theme parks) and have never heard anyone complain about them. It's not a permanent thing, ever. If it was, I'd be charging by the play, not the hour.

I started my career in radio and did my share of VO's...THATS the gig we want!!! LOL

COProgressFan

I hired Joe to do the announcements on the voice mail system at one of my businesses. I get chills when I hear them.

Does he command a higher price because he (or at least his voice) is well-known to some degree? I think a lot of people would recognize his voice, even if they couldn't pinpoint how exactly they know it.

trampdog

Does he command a higher price because he (or at least his voice) is well-known to some degree? I think a lot of people would recognize his voice, even if they couldn't pinpoint how exactly they know it.

VO work is pretty lucrative but also depends on the actor. He might enjoy doing it for a certain company or subject and charge less that his normal rate. For comparison, my charge for a typical 30 second car dealership spot (normally four different ones - so two minutes) is $1200. It takes approximately two hours to get them just right and produced. I did four 30 second spots for a political candidate (who's message i supported but was in a state I could not vote in) for $400.

Disney requires SAG cards for VO, so there is a minimum pay.

Does anyone know who does the VO for Eat to The Beat? Sounds like Danny Maseng.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom