Monorail voice narration on busses

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Nobody will ever replace Joe Harsh. The new transportation VO is a joke. Monotone, no fun or magic in his voice.

The voice Joe did for Disney was inspired by Mark Elliot, another Disney voice legend. Sad to hear that they got rid of his reels completely, but I suppose it had to happen at some point since he'd already been released from the company when they put the Tom Kane narration on the monorails.

deeevo

It has really annoyed me that they got rid of the Mickey Mouse March for MK. This really made my kids face light up when it came on because when we get on the bus they know we are going to MK but they have no idea how much longer it takes to get there or how much farther it is. This was their queue that they are there and it made them all excited. Now its blah... they are 4 are they noticed it was gone. Stupid

asianway

The same voice that does the monorail narration is now on the busses. The previous voice is no longer being used. Also there is no music (Mickey Mouse March for MK, Imagination for EP) on the bus when arriving at the park. The current voice is very monotone and hard to hear especially when it's a packed bus.
He has a great voice for wrist slitting instructional vids

Biff215

Noticed the music was gone in July and rarely heard the narration at all, likely due to what the OP said. Huge loss IMO as this was originally a positive addition compared to the voice changes on the monorail and TTA.

JDL30

I used to love the resort specific music - I'm assuming that's gone too? The banjo music they used to play on the way back to Port Orleans always makes me smile just before the 'Welcome Home'. I'm hoping this might be a temporary stop-gap while the do a new sound track to all the routes, would be sad if it was cut completely.

Cmdr_Crimson

Nobody will ever replace Joe Harsh. The new transportation VO is a joke. Monotone, no fun or magic in his voice.
The new voice actor is Tom Kane. Whose notable roles are professor utonium from The powerpuff girls, Mr Herriman from Fosters home for imaginary friends, the new voice of Yoda and Admiral Ackbar.
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Tom-Kane/

However, unless it has changed since January. Joe Hursh's safety spiel was still being used on the watercraft at Disney Springs.

ToTBellHop

I used to love the resort specific music - I'm assuming that's gone too? The banjo music they used to play on the way back to Port Orleans always makes me smile just before the 'Welcome Home'. I'm hoping this might be a temporary stop-gap while the do a new sound track to all the routes, would be sad if it was cut completely.
They still have resort- and park-specific music. Just no fanfare on arrival and the voiceover is very dull.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom