Monorail voice narration on busses

Cesar R M

Every time I hear the monorail spiel in Spanish it bugs me because it seems incorrect. It seems like either it should be "mantenganse alejados" or "mantengase alejado" but instead it is "mantenganse alejado"

Any native speakers that can weigh in on that (@Cesar R M ?)
Mantenganse sounds very informal btw. I usually prefer to use something like "Favor de Mantenerse alejado" or "Favor de Permanecer alejado".
But it honestly depends on which version of spanish they are using.
The way we speak is vastly different from.. lets say... Argentina's or Puerto Rico's or Spain's.
Each country has a distinct accent. (ps, I'm Mexican)

brb1006

I used to love the resort specific music - I'm assuming that's gone too? The banjo music they used to play on the way back to Port Orleans always makes me smile just before the 'Welcome Home'. I'm hoping this might be a temporary stop-gap while the do a new sound track to all the routes, would be sad if it was cut completely.
What music did they play when you heading to Animal Kingdom or the Animal Kingdom Lodge?

brb1006

This makes me so sad! Everytime I want to make my family feel like we are in Disney World I do the impression "Welcome Aboard the Walt Disney World transportation system" spiel. I don't know why, but everyone always says its one of their strongest sense memories about the park.
I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but this is kind of heartbreaking.
That could be considered the first taste of Disney Magic even before you are heading to any Disney Park.

Jeff456

I don't use the busses very much anymore but this does sound like a change for the worst. I would be most upset if Jack Wagner was ever taken off the monorail though, hopefully that will never happen, please stand clear of the doors...

brb1006

I don't use the busses very much anymore but this does sound like a change for the worst. I would be most upset if Jack Wagner was ever taken off the monorail though, hopefully that will never happen, please stand clear of the doors...
I think the Monorail might be the last place that you could hear Jack Wagner's voice.

Last edited:

pmaljr

Just another sign that the new Disney folks just don't get or care what the visitor really cares about. I'd like to say it was just plain stupidity on their part but I can't believe a group of people could be that dumb and out of touch. It's very bland now and sounds like you're riding a regular bus, not a Disney bus. No more Mickey Mouse March at MK, Figment at Epcot, etc. Just here we are, whee!

brb1006

Just another sign that the new Disney folks just don't get or care what the visitor really cares about. I'd like to say it was just plain stupidity on their part but I can't believe a group of people could be that dumb and out of touch. It's very bland now and sounds like you're riding a regular bus, not a Disney bus. No more Mickey Mouse March at MK, Figment at Epcot, etc. Just here we are, whee!
And the Safari medley for Animal Kingdom.

Cmdr_Crimson

Burton has more of that "broadcaster" voice. Jim Cummings... He's good, I just don't think the voices in his wheelhouse really fit.

You can tell a huge difference from the Opening of Illuminations. On the CD Source audio he sounds like he's making it a unique voice..

And the more recent version...It's like he just walked in, Recorded and left...I keep hearing a fusion of Pooh Bear & Tigger with a mix of Kaa the snake..

Matt_Black

You can tell a huge difference from the Opening of Illuminations. On the CD Source audio he sounds like he's making it a unique voice..

And the more recent version...It's like he just walked in, Recorded and left...I keep hearing a fusion of Pooh Bear & Tigger with a mix of Kaa the snake..

The first one, I hear a bit of Powhatan's singing voice from Pocahontas. The latter, he's got a bit of an Optimus Prime vibe.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Burton has more of that "broadcaster" voice. Jim Cummings... He's good, I just don't think the voices in his wheelhouse really fit.

Or maybe Billy West... true, he's never done any work for Disney (that I can think of), but who wouldn't want the voice of Zapp Brannigan welcoming you to Disney? ;)

MagicHappens1971

Same goes for the Wake Up Call you would get from Mickey Mouse (If they still do that). At one point Stitch and Mickey were both giving a good morning call to guests.

They still do this, at least they did the last time I stayed at a Disney hotel. For a while it was Olaf, then it was Baymax, not sure who it is now.

Smiley/OCD

This makes me so sad! Everytime I want to make my family feel like we are in Disney World I do the impression "Welcome Aboard the Walt Disney World transportation system" spiel. I don't know why, but everyone always says its one of their strongest sense memories about the park.
I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but this is kind of heartbreaking.

I'm glad you added this, because I too recite the spiel and my wife and kids think I'm nuts...glad i'm not the ONLY one!!!

Thelazer

I recall at one point, for cast members.. there was a whole set of stuff being played as the buses pulled up to the drop off loop at the magic kingdom. Added a little bit of magic to the work day... I bet that's been cut to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom