Monorail voice narration on busses

Disney4family

I used to love the resort specific music - I'm assuming that's gone too? The banjo music they used to play on the way back to Port Orleans always makes me smile just before the 'Welcome Home'. I'm hoping this might be a temporary stop-gap while the do a new sound track to all the routes, would be sad if it was cut completely.
We heard resort music when we took the bus back to The Contemporary a couple of times last week. They had appropriate music for The WL since that was the first stop.

Cmdr_Crimson

If they need new voice overs, they should just get Corey Burton.
What's strange is Corey is only used on the Tram Lines at World & Land..

IMO When I first heard Joe I wasn't to fond of it..But, after the several years being used he grew on me and I really started to like it....Just getting on the bus and as you left the bus lot and front parking area...The feels start a comin...

And then their's...*Sigh* Tom Kane's voice...He does some decent cartoon voices...But, Whooo-boy...Did I ever wanted to hear the voice of Paint Dry.......Probably not...

aladdin2007

We heard resort music when we took the bus back to The Contemporary a couple of times last week. They had appropriate music for The WL since that was the first stop.

The WL loop is one of my favorites, hate to see these kinds of things go. I really detest the monorail narration, it was so nice before with a guided tour explaining about the resorts as you passed and the wilderness lodge etc etc....now? nothing. now stopping at the polynesian. and thats it. Disney continues to strip the little things that made the place magical. same goes for the people mover narration but thats a diff topic. Anyway always loved the MK fanfare too, I dont see why this had to go.

GrumpyFan

Yes He still says the destination....Again as one has stated since his voice is more calm....It's reaaallly quiet.

I've become increasingly annoyed at the levels and just the voice in general on the monorail and now busses? At times, it's almost useless as his voice is so low and just not at the right tonal level to be adequately heard. It might have sounded okay when they recorded and played back in a studio, but it just doesn't work on a noisy vehicle.

Cmdr_Crimson

At least as far as transportation goes anyway. You can hear him giving the exit spiels on some rides, and he does character voices for certain attractions.

It is weird to get on the tram and hear Braniac welcoming you to the Magic Kingdom.

I had an opportunity to meet Corey at the D23 Expo during The Voices of the Disney Parks Panel. Really nice guy!
corey_burton_and_me_by_vqstudios-d48sftv_zpsp3zbuq4j.jpg

msteel

Every time I hear the monorail spiel in Spanish it bugs me because it seems incorrect. It seems like either it should be "mantenganse alejados" or "mantengase alejado" but instead it is "mantenganse alejado"

Any native speakers that can weigh in on that (@Cesar R M ?)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The voice of the monorails that I still like the best was Matt Hanson. He actually did the spiels for the Mark IVs towards the end of their existence in the very late 80's early 90's. And then of course for the entire 90's and early 2000's. He still provides the voice over whenever you dial DVC.

brb1006

The same voice that does the monorail narration is now on the busses. The previous voice is no longer being used. Also there is no music (Mickey Mouse March for MK, Imagination for EP) on the bus when arriving at the park. The current voice is very monotone and hard to hear especially when it's a packed bus.
I'm going to really miss the music heard when you enter a certain park or resort.

brb1006

It has really annoyed me that they got rid of the Mickey Mouse March for MK. This really made my kids face light up when it came on because when we get on the bus they know we are going to MK but they have no idea how much longer it takes to get there or how much farther it is. This was their queue that they are there and it made them all excited. Now its blah... they are 4 are they noticed it was gone. Stupid
I really loved the Mickey Mouse March medley heard as your approaching Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom