Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Who is Elena?? I don't think I've ever even heard of her!
I love how, in that first picture, there's the woman and the boy on the right and the ears on her pink shirt look like they are on the boy's head.

I honestly don't know lol. I think she might be on Disney Jr. My niece loves her but I've never even seen an episode.

Lol! I didn't even notice that. :p

o_O...

is it just me, or should they also consider changing her "salute" the next time they change her costume...?
I am happy you said that because I was thinking the same thing. Minnie would get arrested in Germany for standing like that.

Lol! I suppose she's supposed to be waving, but you're right... it is kind of an awkward pose.

TheMouseFan

@blgauger , I was on Etsy looking for a wedding gift and saw these and thought of you! Sorry for no pics, but it's easier to just copy and paste the links! Hope this doesn't seem to stalkerish!!:oops:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/472304...als-bride-and-groom?ref=additional_listings_1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/242903503/personalised-disney-engagement-gift?ref=additional_listings_1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/549275...ry=disney happily ever after&ref=sr_gallery_4
Lots of other cute stuff, too. I searched under Disney Happily Ever After.

blreinsel

Original Poster

Oh my gosh.. SO CUTE! :inlove: I don't think it's stalkerish at all! I think of WDW Magic friends often when I come across Disney things! Lol.

I love the shoes.. Dylan's mom is VERY artistic. Like sickeningly amazingly good! Lol. So I'm planning to ask her to paint something just like the link you shared on mine! That'll be a good visual to give her. ;)

The canvas is adorable, too! It could actually be cute as a guest book.. Maybe??

I think I've pinned some of the glasses before.. I love them! One of my friends LOVES crafting on her Cricut so I think I may see if it's something she would be able to make for us! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, August 5

2 years ago on this day I agreed to become the "official" girlfriend of the most amazing man I'd ever met. That decision has obviously worked out in my favor in sooooo many ways. :inlove: Where else would we celebrate our anniversary but at Disney!? :joyfull:

We chose the Grand Floridian Cafe after an absolutely wonderful dinner on the day we got engaged. It certainly helped that it's one of the included restaurants in the Passholder 30% discount promotion going on right now. :)

We parked at the GF and walked to the main building to check in for our meal. It's still so crazy to us that we can come to a place like this for celebratory meals. It certainly beats dinner at Applebee's, which was basically our only option back in PA. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5597.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5598.jpg

We checked in and waited just a few minutes before being led to our table.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_559a.jpg

Our view. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_559d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_559e.jpg

My view... the best view. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_559b.jpg

I opened the drink menu to see what their options were and to my absolute delight....

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Sorry @amjt660, it was an odd number day but I couldn't resist. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_559f.jpg

Our server soon brought us our rolls, followed by my French Onion Soup. This might actually be better than the BOG version. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a1.jpg

Our entrees came out shortly after.. We both went with the Strip Steak. We both had the same thing in June, but it was too good to not order again! :p I really love the potatoes that come with it, too! :D
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a2.jpg

This meal did not disappoint.. I was happy that we loved it just as much the second time. Many restaurants that I've loved on trips in the past didn't live up to the hype when I returned, but Grand Floridian Cafe is not one of them! If you haven't tried this place, you need to! It's quaint, quiet, and the prices are reasonable.. especially considering the great quality of food!

DisneyGigi

Saturday, July 29 cont.

I sat on a wall near the carousel to eat and people watch. :)
View attachment 221380

Next up, I had a FP+ to meet Cinderella and Elena.
View attachment 221378

She loved seeing her castle on my shirt. :)
View attachment 221376

View attachment 221377

I have never in my life watched Elena.. I know NOTHING about her. But I'm not one to turn down a character interaction. :rolleyes:
View attachment 221379

View attachment 221386

I decided to walk through some of the shops that I typically pass by. I really only shop at the Emporium for the most part. :) Last time I saw this Minnie, she was dressed as Elsa. I think it's fun that they change her costume every so often!
View attachment 221381

A shirt that I must have... After I get a paycheck or two. :rolleyes:
View attachment 221383

Continuing my slow walk around Fantasyland.
View attachment 221384

View attachment 221385

My grandson, (17 months old) goes nuts when he hears the theme for Elena, Elena of Avalor! Lol, I wish I did not know this show because it is on repeat loop in my head. Especially- when I try to go to sleep! In all seriousness tho, I wish she was like Sofia, or Doc Mcstuffins, he would recognize her then. I don't think it will click with him, and that is a shame, he loves her so much. Those morning kid gear shows, should be more cartoon like, I think. I love the photo frame idea. I am going to steal it! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, August 5 cont.

We exited the restaurant and made our way upstairs to look in some shops and take in the many details of the GF. We happened to look over the balcony and noticed this girl walking around with an entourage of people and a photographer. The photographer kept posing her and photographing her as they walked around the lobby. At one point, they even started dancing in front of the grand piano. o_O I would love to know what they were doing or what the occasion was.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a3.jpg

I hate when he won't smile with his teeth, but he was refusing. :cautious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a4.jpg

There we go. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a5.jpg

I'd been seeing these around property for a few weeks, but this was the first time I actually caught a picture of one. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a6.jpg

We walked back to the car so I could change my shoes before we headed to MK!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a8.jpg

It had rained a bit earlier, but we got lucky and missed most of it during dinner!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55a9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5573.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5577.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55aa.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5579.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, August 5 cont.

We've arrived in Tomorrowland!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55ab.jpg

Our first stop was the People Mover. It's a surefire sign that the park is busy when you have an actual wait for PM. :cautious: We didn't wait too long, but it wasn't a walk on either. I forgot how much I enjoy this ride until we rode!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55ac.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55ad.jpg

Next, we walked into the theater for Carousel of Progress. This is right up Dylan's alley, but he did say that it bothered him that there was such a huge jump in time periods. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55ae.jpg

Our FP+ window was now open, so we embarked on a journey through space! I pulled an accidental @Tuvalu :banghead::rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_557e.jpg

After that, we walked back to Main Street to claim a spot for Happily Ever After. We found a spot on the right side of the castle and had a great view! We agreed that it was the best spot we'd watched from yet!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55b8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55bc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55bd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55be.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55bf.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.. Happily Ever After holds a special place in my heart because we got engaged just hours before I saw it for the first time. Dylan is still the only person I've watched it with. :inlove: I loved Wishes, but I think I might actually love HEA more. :eek: I play the soundtrack on repeat when I'm working in my classroom, and Dylan even turned it on at home one night. :joyfull: We are officially HEA lovers. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, August 5 cont.

We moved closer to the castle to watch Once Upon a Time. I love this show, too! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55c6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55ca.jpg

The strong focus on Beauty and the Beast certainly seals the deal on this one for me. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55cd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55d1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55e2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55e3.jpg

We let it clear out a bit before making our way out of the park. We were greeted with a HUGE crowd of people... a CM informed us that the resort monorail was down so our only options for getting back to the GF were the express monorail or the boat. We decided to try the boat first...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55e5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55e6.jpg

Standing in this line for a boat that transports all of what, 20 people at a time? Nope. Not to mention the Electrical Water Pageant was coming through, further backing up the boat transfers.

Monorail it is.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, August 5 cont.

Oh... alright then.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55e7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55e8.jpg

Spoiler alert: we waited 50 minutes. :mad: It was hot, and we all know how people do with "move all the way down and fill in all available space." They either 1. Don't do it or 2. Push you out of their way to do it. We experienced mostly option number 2. :banghead:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55e9.jpg

We FINALLY made it to the TTC and then walked through the Poly and back to the GF. That part of our journey was actually really peaceful and pleasant, however I was still pretty on edge from the previous portion. :cautious:

On a happier note, I did finally get a closeup view of the wedding pavilion. :inlove::inlove::inlove: I tried to convince Dylan that we should just get married there, but he didn't budge. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55ea.jpg

A pretty perfect anniversary celebration, if you ask me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom