Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I was at the MK on the same day with my family AND also waited close to an hour for a boat, with 4 kids under the age of 5..you probably heard my kid screaming...:arghh:

Lol! There were lots of screaming kids. :p I really did feel worse for those with little ones than I did for myself and Dylan. I was miserable, so I can only imagine how those poor little babes were feeling after a long, hot day. :(

1. Those nachos are SO GOOD!
2. I will be home tomorrow evening so I'll try to get you a picture :D
3. I just realized I didn't take a picture of my Lapu Lapu. But I guess if you've seen one pineapple, you've seen them all.

1. Like legitimately the best snack in Disney. :hungry:
2. YES!!!!! :D I'm seriously so excited!!!!! I keep staring (obsessing) at the other one. :p
3. I think you were too distracted by the dish water you were sucking down to remember a picture. :hilarious:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, August 13

Shortly after we got engaged, I received a message from someone we all know and love here at WDW Magic.. None other than @sheriffwoody. :) In some crazy pixie dust stroke of luck that only Disney can be responsible for, we soon had plans for her to take our engagement pictures at the Grand Floridian. Kristi was excited to finally be able to shoot one of the resorts, and I was obviously over the moon about getting pictures done somewhere so stunning... at DISNEY! :joyfull: I'll be sure to share more once life slows down a bit for her and I have them in my hands, but for now, here's a sneak peek. :inlove:
20840746_498374093829994_1205886175008539802_n.jpg

We had so much fun "getting our picture made" with her and I feel so blessed that things have worked out the way that they have, all thanks to this amazing online community. :) Plus, she's super talented. What more could a girl ask for? ;)

Kristi had made us breakfast reservations at Grand Floridian Cafe, so we finished up our shoot and made our way inside to check in. When our food arrived at the table and the cameras came out, Dylan quickly realized that there are other people just like me. :p

Our waitress brought biscuits to snack on and I also had a frozen caramel cappuccino. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_560a.jpg

For my meal, I had a ham and cheese omelet... pretty standard breakfast food, but I thought it was good!
EcBGlc76S+2Zn1DfFjr8Kw_thumb_560b.jpg

Dylan had the Grand Breakfast.. he also thought it was pretty standard breakfast food. He liked everything except the sausage.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_560e.jpg

Kristi had the Floridian Pancakes... these were my second choice. :hungry: So much food! Lol
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_560c.jpg

The GF Cafe has an interesting breakfast menu because they serve lunch items all day long. You want pasta for breakfast? You got it. :p Overall, I thought it was good! I would definitely go back for breakfast. You all know by now that we love the dinner menu, so really the GF Cafe is an all around win in our book!

We had plans to head to MK after breakfast, while Kristi was heading back to WL to pack up and checkout. :( While we sat at our table talking, she so graciously cancelled her Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ for that morning and we were able to pick it up. :joyfull: Friends give friends their hard to get FP+'s.

We slowly made our way out and grabbed a picture before parting ways. As it turns out, Dylan is not quite as *ahem* capable with a camera as our lovely photographer is. It only look him about 17 tries before we finally got one that was focused on us and wasn't blurry. :hilarious: Hugs all around and we said our goodbyes!

We walked back to the car to get our park clothes to change into and popped over to the Grand Floridian DVC building to change.

The most adorable fountain ever! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5611.jpg

And the sweetest little bathroom signs.. Lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5610.jpg

We walked back to the main building and ended up in line right behind Kristi to board the monorail. :) We said goodbye again and disembarked at the MK. It was about 9:30am at this point and we breezed right through security.

We were greeted by these lovely people as we walked inside. :joyfull: GOOD MORNING! (PS the Art teacher started singing that song to my kids when I dropped them off today and I simultaneously wanted to :D and :cry: at the same time).
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5612.jpg

I've actually never watched them aside from the old welcome show. :eek: I was happy I finally got a chance to stop and see them perform! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5615.jpg

It was blazing hot already.. We walked right down the middle of Main St. USA before veering off toward Tomorrowland for a FP+. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5614.jpg

Minnie1986

Thursday, July 13

*Word heavy post- they won't all be like this. ;)

When I was in high school, my best friends were guys. One of those guys (Adam) got married on July 1 to a beautiful and wonderful gal named Kaitlin. Leading up to their wedding, we double dated with them a few times and really loved spending time together! It was one of the things we were sad about leaving behind in PA. :( However, Adam and Kaitlin are smart people and chose Disney as their honeymoon destination. :p We had plans to see them on Friday, but Kaitlin texted me Thursday afternoon and said, "You guys should come to Epcot!" You don't have to tell me twice. :D

I had purchased our annual passes online the day before, so all we had to do was show up at the ticket counter and show proof of residency to get them in our hands. I called after I purchased them to verify that I could bring a copy of our renter's insurance as proof of residency, to which I was told "yes, you can."

You cannot use renter's insurance as proof of residency. :cautious: Fortunately, I had also brought a copy of our utility bill as backup and that was accepted. A lease also does not work, which makes absolutely zero sense to me, but I digress.

We soon had these babies in our hands and were off to start our very first adventure as passholders! :joyfull:
View attachment 218007

We both have the Florida Gold pass, which allows us unlimited access to the parks (except for Christmas and Spring Break blackout dates), parking, and PhotoPass. The dates we can't enter are during the craziest parts of the year, and I really don't want to deal with that anyway. ;)

View attachment 218009

We met Adam and Kaitlin at Soarin', as they had just finished their ride and we had a FP+ for it. :) They waited outside while we rode, but unfortunately our FP+ was not very fast. :cautious: We sat on the far right seats on the far right glider and ALL of the images were distorted. It was very distracting. When we rode in the middle glider in June, the only image that was distorted was the Eiffel tower. I still think the new Soarin' is awesome, but I'm glad that wasn't my first impression of it.

We finally exited the ride and then had to decide what to do next. Kaitlin said the only things they hadn't done so far were Figment and the WS. Figment was of course a walk on, so we quickly rode that before heading to explore some countries!

The temperature was perfect and the crowds were surprisingly low. Adam and Kaitlin said that they rode most every ride with 10 minute or less wait times all day long.

We slowly made our way around WS and tried to decide on somewhere to grab some dinner. We ended up in America at Liberty Inn, a new restaurant for all of us!

I had the Grilled Chicken with Bacon and Avocado Sandwich and Dylan had the BBQ Pork Sandwich. It was a surprisingly yummy meal! I loved my sandwich and would definitely eat here again. With all of the great places to eat in the WS, I think this place probably gets largely overlooked as "boring American food."
View attachment 218010

Look @Tuvalu, purse apples! :p They didn't actually make it into my bag, but rather directly into Dylan's stomach. :rolleyes:
View attachment 218011

We sat at our table and chatted for awhile before eventually continuing our walk around the Showcase. We ended up in France and found a perfect little table to sit at right by the water (and the crepe stand :p).
View attachment 218013

I also ended up with a Grand Marnier Orange Slush. :hungry:
View attachment 218012

We sat at our table chatting and enjoying the evening for quite some time. Eventually, the announcements for Illuminations started and as it turns out, we had a perfect view! Evenings like this are exactly what I got most excited for when thinking about becoming a passholder. There was no rushing around and no stress. I was just happy to be in my favorite place with some of my favorite people. :)

After Illuminations ended we finished the walk around WS and made our way toward the exit. A quick picture and hugs were in order before we parted ways. :)
View attachment 218014

We had the most perfect first trip as passholders that I could have ever asked for! I was reminded of just how lucky I am to have the opportunities that have been presented to me in the last couple of months. One adventure in the books, many more to come. :joyfull:
Your tank top is adorable. May I ask what is says?

Minnie1986

Friday, August 11

This isn't a park-related post, but it's important all the same! :) WDW Magic meet ups MUST be shared! :joyfull:

Dylan and I got to the Poly around 8:15pm and ordered drinks, as well as a snack. Is there really ever any question of what I'll order? :p I really did consider an Island Sunset, I promise! But I just couldn't bring myself to go through with it. :rolleyes:
View attachment 222291

We chose the Pulled Pork Nachos for our snack. This was a little adventurous for me, but I'm SO glad I went for it! These things are AMAZING! :hungry::hungry::hungry: It's a huge serving and was more than enough for Dylan and I to share. These will be my go to every time I'm at the Poly from now on!
View attachment 222292

Though I don't have the picture to prove it (yet), we were soon joined by @Doc Disney, Mary, @sheriffwoody, and Rhett. :D We chatted for a bit and it was so nice to finally meet everybody! It's crazy how much it feels like you know people from WDW Magic without ever actually meeting them. :) Fingers crossed for more meet ups like this one in the future!

We eventually bid everyone farewell and headed for home. It wouldn't be a TR post without at least one castle picture. ;)
View attachment 222293

I'll be sure to add in the picture once the gals make it home from their trips and have a chance to upload. :)
What's that drink called?

blreinsel

Original Poster
Love your pic @sheriffwoody took by the fountain. Glad you got to see the trolley show. I think that's what would be best about being a local. Taking the time to stop and see the things you never have time to when your rushing to get to where you want to go. And good score on the FP+!:)

Thank you! I love it, too! :) Being able to slow down really has been the best part about being a local thus far. I love not feeling rushed and not having to worry about the fact that I couldn't get a FP+ for the ride that I wanted. "Next time" isn't so far away anymore. :)

That fountain is adorable and so is your engagement picture!

Thank you! The fountain is right next to the wedding pavilion. :)

It was such a fun morning with you two! Still cracking up over Dylan trying to use my camera :hilarious: I should have just had him use a phone. Next time!

We are officially on the way to the airport! Hoping to sit on the couch with my pup and start editing pictures tonight :D

Hahaha he's something else. :rolleyes: What's even funnier is that he had been joking about being a photographer earlier in the morning. :hilarious: I seriously can't contain my excitement! I thought about it all day! :D Also, so excited for you to be home with your pup! I wanted to cry leaving Tink to go to work this morning. :hilarious:

Your tank top is adorable. May I ask what is says?

Thank you! It's my favorite, particularly because it's what I was wearing when we got engaged. :) It says "a most peculiar mademoiselle."

What's that drink called?

It's a Pina Colava and is quite possibly the best drink on all of Disney property (not that I've tried a ton since I'm so addicted to this one). :rolleyes:

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest!!

Will you be at any park this weekend?:D

Thank you! I can't wait either! :joyfull: I'm hoping to make it over at some point.. I like to go on Saturdays because Sunday is grocery day, but Saturdays are also typically busy lol. We shall see. :D

fractal

Sunday, August 13

Shortly after we got engaged, I received a message from someone we all know and love here at WDW Magic.. None other than @sheriffwoody. :) In some crazy pixie dust stroke of luck that only Disney can be responsible for, we soon had plans for her to take our engagement pictures at the Grand Floridian. Kristi was excited to finally be able to shoot one of the resorts, and I was obviously over the moon about getting pictures done somewhere so stunning... at DISNEY! :joyfull: I'll be sure to share more once life slows down a bit for her and I have them in my hands, but for now, here's a sneak peek. :inlove:
View attachment 222876

We had so much fun "getting our picture made" with her and I feel so blessed that things have worked out the way that they have, all thanks to this amazing online community. :) Plus, she's super talented. What more could a girl ask for? ;)

Kristi had made us breakfast reservations at Grand Floridian Cafe, so we finished up our shoot and made our way inside to check in. When our food arrived at the table and the cameras came out, Dylan quickly realized that there are other people just like me. :p

Our waitress brought biscuits to snack on and I also had a frozen caramel cappuccino. :hungry:
View attachment 222878

For my meal, I had a ham and cheese omelet... pretty standard breakfast food, but I thought it was good!
View attachment 222877

Dylan had the Grand Breakfast.. he also thought it was pretty standard breakfast food. He liked everything except the sausage.
View attachment 222880

Kristi had the Floridian Pancakes... these were my second choice. :hungry: So much food! Lol
View attachment 222879

The GF Cafe has an interesting breakfast menu because they serve lunch items all day long. You want pasta for breakfast? You got it. :p Overall, I thought it was good! I would definitely go back for breakfast. You all know by now that we love the dinner menu, so really the GF Cafe is an all around win in our book!

We had plans to head to MK after breakfast, while Kristi was heading back to WL to pack up and checkout. :( While we sat at our table talking, she so graciously cancelled her Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ for that morning and we were able to pick it up. :joyfull: Friends give friends their hard to get FP+'s.

We slowly made our way out and grabbed a picture before parting ways. As it turns out, Dylan is not quite as *ahem* capable with a camera as our lovely photographer is. It only look him about 17 tries before we finally got one that was focused on us and wasn't blurry. :hilarious: Hugs all around and we said our goodbyes!

We walked back to the car to get our park clothes to change into and popped over to the Grand Floridian DVC building to change.

The most adorable fountain ever! :joyfull:
View attachment 222882

And the sweetest little bathroom signs.. Lol.
View attachment 222881

We walked back to the main building and ended up in line right behind Kristi to board the monorail. :) We said goodbye again and disembarked at the MK. It was about 9:30am at this point and we breezed right through security.

We were greeted by these lovely people as we walked inside. :joyfull: GOOD MORNING! (PS the Art teacher started singing that song to my kids when I dropped them off today and I simultaneously wanted to :D and :cry: at the same time).
View attachment 222883

I've actually never watched them aside from the old welcome show. :eek: I was happy I finally got a chance to stop and see them perform! :)
View attachment 222885

It was blazing hot already.. We walked right down the middle of Main St. USA before veering off toward Tomorrowland for a FP+. :)
View attachment 222884

Beautiful photo @blgauger , @sheriffwoody !

The Main Street Singers (and the Dapper Dans) are always worth a listen! You got some good pics of them.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Beautiful photo @blgauger , @sheriffwoody !

The Main Street Singers (and the Dapper Dans) are always worth a listen! You got some good pics of them.

Thank you! :joyfull: The Dapper Dans are next on my list! I've heard them in passing, but I've never stopped and actually watched. I know that I'm missing out big time so I must remedy that soon! ;)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. So cool that you get to live an ongoing, never-ending trip report!

It's pretty darn awesome! :p

All ways look forward to your updates, makes me feel like I'm there

Awww thank you! Happy to help keep those Disney blues at bay. :)

Great! I'll keep an eye out for you;):)

Exciting!!! Which parks are you planning on?

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, August 13 cont.

As we entered into Tomorrowland, I told Dylan to follow me for a minute. He could not understand why it was necessary to take this picture, to which I kept replying "It's a thing.. just smile." He was not amused. :rolleyes: It really does do wonders for your complexion. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5618.jpg

We made our way through the FP+ queue and I pulled a 100% @Tuvalu since my last attempt received poor ratings from @lostpro9het :p Dylan made fun of me for looking the wrong way, to which I responded with "It's another thing on the forums." :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_563a.jpg

Next up was our FP+ for 7DMT that we were gifted. :p "It's a thing. Just smile." His tolerance for me was quickly decreasing. :hilarious:
ROIvP59WQfSVMpgS4JsJNw_thumb_561a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_563b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_563c.jpg

It was so humid already (at 10am) that we couldn't even see the Snow White scene! :eek:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_561b.jpg

Our next FP+ window wasn't open yet, so we decided to wait standby for a few things. I was surprised when Dylan suggested Little Mermaid, but I wasn't about to question it. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5620.jpg

Our next ride was per my request, as Dylan had yet to ride it.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5625.jpg

Dumbo is pretty much as classic Disney as you can get. It was basically a sin for him to go any longer without riding it. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5623.jpg

We had a fun flight and Dylan enjoyed controlling our car. He's just as much of a kid at heart as I am.. don't let him fool you. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5622.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, August 13 cont.

Our FP+ window was now open, so we walked to Adventureland! I've really started to love Pirates as of late. Dylan said that he loves it because it doesn't feel like you're inside a building.. it's completely immersive and I couldn't agree more!

I will never stop being annoyed at the ridiculous placement of this ride photo. :cautious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_563d.jpg

We decided that it was time to head out, so made our way back to Main Street. Just as we came past Casey's I noticed two familiar faces stepping up for a picture. A perfect photobomb opportunity. :p What the heck are the odds? The photographer was like :bored: until @sheriffwoody realized what was happening and said, "It's okay, we know them." :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5638.jpg

We said goodbye FOR REAL this time and hopped on the monorail. :) My celebrity status is finally escalating. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5627.jpg

Before we had gone to MK, @sheriffwoody sent me a video of Richard saving the world from a giant, nasty snake who decided to crawl right across the pavement in front of the entrance to the GF. Dylan and I walked through just a few minutes later and found Richard staring into the bushes, probably making sure the snake didn't decide to turn around. :p

Anyway, it's been a major bucket list item for me to meet and take a picture with Richard. However, I chickened out and just said good morning to him. I was bummed about it and regretted not jumping at the opportunity. :(

I was overjoyed when we walked out of the lobby and I saw him still standing outside. :joyfull: Dylan asked if I wanted to ask him for a picture, so I put on my big girl britches and walked up to him. I asked if he would mind taking a picture and he said, "Oh well sure!" and offered me his arm. :inlove::cry: I can't deal with the cuteness overload.

LOOK AT HIM!!! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5629.jpg

I thanked him and told him that I was happy I finally got to meet him because he's basically a celebrity around these parts, to which he laughed and disagreed with a wave of his hand. SO STINKIN' CUTE! :joyfull:

Dylan wanted to spend some time at the golf course/range, so I dropped him off before heading out on another solo adventure. For those of you who don't know, Dylan officially works for the Mouse. If you golf at Magnolia or Palm, be sure to say hi to "Dylan from Clarion, PA" if you see him. :p He absolutely LOVES it, so I think he'll stay there for awhile unless a teaching job would happen to open up for him. He has to go to a Disney Traditions class next week and I told him to ask if he can bring a guest. :rolleyes:

Epcot was my next destination.. I needed a little World Showcase in my life! I stood in line for security behind a family with two daughters, probably around the age of 10. The parents went on one side of the table, while the girls were on my side. They had this cup of ice while they waited in line, and since they had finished the ice by the time they got up to the table, decided to leave it there for somebody else (ME) to throw away for them. I picked the cup up multiple times and sat it down on the table right in front of them and the parents, hoping they'd take the hint and throw it away themselves. Nope. I was their maid. :mad: It's not a big deal.. it was one cup. But like???
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_562b.jpg

Hello old friend. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_562a.jpg

I rode Test Track in the single rider line, waiting about 20 minutes. Apparently I don't have a ride photo to prove it. That was my only ride for the day before heading to WS. :)

Food & Wine booths are appearing!!! :D I'm seriously SO excited that I get to finally experience it this year! I've already started making my list of things I want to try. :p The beauty of being a local is that I can space out the things I want to try throughout the course of the festival and not have to worry about being too full to try everything in one day!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_562c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_562e.jpg

Honestly, the primary reason for Epcot being my choice of park for today and I'm not ashamed. :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_562f.jpg

The line was INSANE but I decided to wait. I took the opportunity to call my mom and chat for a few minutes. :)

FYI- Passholders get a discount here! I didn't realize that we did, but the CM noticed my AP band and took it off for me! I've been munching on this popcorn in my lunch all week. Have I mentioned that I love being a local? ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5630.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, August 13 cont.

I had wanted to grab a drink somewhere as well, but the sky was starting to look pretty scary so I figured that it was time to head out.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5631.jpg

I made it to the front of the park and happened to notice Daisy standing all by herself off to the side. She was carrying on a conversation with the CM's and was being SO animated! It was hysterical to watch her! I would love to know what they were talking about. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5634.jpg

I decided to risk getting drenched and walked over to meet her. She was so excited to have a visitor! :rolleyes:

She told me that she loves Frozen, but it took me a minute to pick up on that so somehow we started talking about how I was looking for a Donald shirt. :hilarious: She, of course, made a heart at the mention of her main man. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_563e.jpg

However, she did share that he still hasn't put a ring on it and she's getting tired of waiting. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_563f.jpg

I told her that my prince had just recently put a ring on it, which of course she was VERY excited about! Please excuse my face. :hilarious: We decided that I would go and see Donald soon to let him know that he needed to move it along. And also that the MK is the only place to get engaged. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5640.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5642.jpg

I finally splurged and bought myself the MU hat I've been wanting for like 3 years. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5641.jpg

I'm so happy I stopped to see her! Not having to wait in line made it that much more enjoyable. ;)

I did end up having to walk the last bit to my car in the rain, but it actually felt pretty good. I picked Dylan up from the golf course and we headed for home (and the grocery store because real life calls :cautious:).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom