Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster

MySmallWorldof4

Thursday, July 27 cont.

After our ride, we both agreed that we could use a snack to hold us over until our late dinner. For me, there's really only one snack in MK. :rolleyes:
View attachment 219550

View attachment 219551

We had some visitors while we waited in line for Dylan's snack. :)
View attachment 219555

I may or may not have stolen a few bites. :p
View attachment 219552

We sat and enjoyed our treats for a few minutes and watched the crazy people start claiming their spots for Happily Ever After almost 2 hours in advance. :eek: Nope.

A picture to prove we were here. ;) This is actually one of my new favorites.. the sky is beautiful. :inlove:
View attachment 219554

We headed out for our final stop! :joyfull:
View attachment 219553
We had been there the previous week. It was super crowded.
Loved the pic of you and Dylan in front of the castle. You know what would be a great magic shot? Making everybody else disappear! :p

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Awesome! To just jump it he car and head to a park like you're headed to the grocerie store is awesome!

Does this mean no annual June trip?

we are thinking of going in May now, to our new DVC home, Copper Creek! :D:D:D

It really is awesome! :joyfull: Probably no big trip in the near future.. all of our money will be going to the wedding. :) I would like to continue going and staying on property once or twice a year if we can swing it after the wedding is over!

I hear that May is great crowd-wise! At least toward the beginning. Guess I'll find out, and maybe you will too! :p

That's exactly what I was thinking. I've never seen one, other than on TV, but that's sure what it looked like.

Happy anniversary, @blgauger !
Your Anniversary Day posts were great - made me smile!

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you both! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I was wondering if you may at this very moment be in line for GMR at HS?

I am not! I did spend the day on property, though. :) I really don't even like GMR, so the insane wait times it's had all day weren't appealing to me. :p I just looked on the app a few minutes ago and it's 115 minutes. :eek:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, August 11

This isn't a park-related post, but it's important all the same! :) WDW Magic meet ups MUST be shared! :joyfull:

Dylan and I got to the Poly around 8:15pm and ordered drinks, as well as a snack. Is there really ever any question of what I'll order? :p I really did consider an Island Sunset, I promise! But I just couldn't bring myself to go through with it. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5607.jpg

We chose the Pulled Pork Nachos for our snack. This was a little adventurous for me, but I'm SO glad I went for it! These things are AMAZING! :hungry::hungry::hungry: It's a huge serving and was more than enough for Dylan and I to share. These will be my go to every time I'm at the Poly from now on!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5608.jpg

Though I don't have the picture to prove it (yet), we were soon joined by @Doc Disney, Mary, @sheriffwoody, and Rhett. :D We chatted for a bit and it was so nice to finally meet everybody! It's crazy how much it feels like you know people from WDW Magic without ever actually meeting them. :) Fingers crossed for more meet ups like this one in the future!

We eventually bid everyone farewell and headed for home. It wouldn't be a TR post without at least one castle picture. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5609.jpg

I'll be sure to add in the picture once the gals make it home from their trips and have a chance to upload. :)

EDIT: As promised, here's the picture proof! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_572b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_572c.jpg

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

I am not! I did spend the day on property, though. :) I really don't even like GMR, so the insane wait times it's had all day weren't appealing to me. :p I just looked on the app a few minutes ago and it's 115 minutes. :eek:
WHAT!! I would have bet money you would have rode it one last time. :D I also checked the wait time when it said 115. I don't think I would've waited that long either. :oops:
Friday, August 11

This isn't a park-related post, but it's important all the same! :) WDW Magic meet ups MUST be shared! :joyfull:

Dylan and I got to the Poly around 8:15pm and ordered drinks, as well as a snack. Is there really ever any question of what I'll order? :p I really did consider an Island Sunset, I promise! But I just couldn't bring myself to go through with it. :rolleyes:
View attachment 222291

We chose the Pulled Pork Nachos for our snack. This was a little adventurous for me, but I'm SO glad I went for it! These things are AMAZING! :hungry::hungry::hungry: It's a huge serving and was more than enough for Dylan and I to share. These will be my go to every time I'm at the Poly from now on!
View attachment 222292

Though I don't have the picture to prove it (yet), we were soon joined by @Doc Disney, Mary, @sheriffwoody, and Rhett. :D We chatted for a bit and it was so nice to finally meet everybody! It's crazy how much it feels like you know people from WDW Magic without ever actually meeting them. :) Fingers crossed for more meet ups like this one in the future!

We eventually bid everyone farewell and headed for home. It wouldn't be a TR post without at least one castle picture. ;)
View attachment 222293

I'll be sure to add in the picture once the gals make it home from their trips and have a chance to upload. :)
You have to try the Island Sunset within the next 30 days and give up a review!! It is on my list of drinks to try but all this hype of the Pina Colava I just may have to skip it. :)

dizfan917

Those pulled pork nachos are AH-MAY-ZING! We discovered them a few years ago and we return for them whenever we have a chance for a Poly stop. Mmmmm Mmmmm really good.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Those nachos look huge but very tasty. I am so happy you got to have a meet up and bonus points for having it at the Poly. :)

Any excuse to get to the Poly is alright with me. :p

That's so great that you got to meet them!! Looking forward to pictures!
What's on the nachos? Is it just the chips, pulled pork and nacho cheese?

Per the Disney website... "Polynesian Chips topped with Pork, Cheese, Pineapple Salsa, and spicy Mayonnaise." :hungry::hungry::hungry:
WHAT!! I would have bet money you would have rode it one last time. :D I also checked the wait time when it said 115. I don't think I would've waited that long either. :oops:

You have to try the Island Sunset within the next 30 days and give up a review!! It is on my list of drinks to try but all this hype of the Pina Colava I just may have to skip it. :)

I actually kind of forgot that it was the last day until I saw people wearing the shirts around. :rolleyes: I'll do my best to force myself to forgo a Pina Colava so I can offer an Island Sunset review. :p

I am glad you were able to meet up with fellow WDWMagic people!!!

Max

Me too! :)

Those pulled pork nachos are AH-MAY-ZING! We discovered them a few years ago and we return for them whenever we have a chance for a Poly stop. Mmmmm Mmmmm really good.

Freaking AWESOME! I've been craving them everyday since! Lol

VincciL

Saturday, August 5 cont.

Oh... alright then.
View attachment 222085

View attachment 222086

Spoiler alert: we waited 50 minutes. :mad: It was hot, and we all know how people do with "move all the way down and fill in all available space." They either 1. Don't do it or 2. Push you out of their way to do it. We experienced mostly option number 2. :banghead:
View attachment 222087

We FINALLY made it to the TTC and then walked through the Poly and back to the GF. That part of our journey was actually really peaceful and pleasant, however I was still pretty on edge from the previous portion. :cautious:

On a happier note, I did finally get a closeup view of the wedding pavilion. :inlove::inlove::inlove: I tried to convince Dylan that we should just get married there, but he didn't budge. :rolleyes:
View attachment 222088

A pretty perfect anniversary celebration, if you ask me. :)

I was at the MK on the same day with my family AND also waited close to an hour for a boat, with 4 kids under the age of 5..you probably heard my kid screaming...:arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom