Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

gdisneyfans

Friday, July 14 cont.

We finished up at our table and went to say hello to the Master. :inlove:
View attachment 218661

I reminded him that the last time we saw each other, we danced together and agreed to not tell Belle. He then pushed Dylan off to the side and leaned it to give me a beastly smooch. :p:inlove:
View attachment 218662

The look of a man who knows he's the third wheel. :hilarious:
View attachment 218663

Still keeping Dylan at a distance. :hilarious:
View attachment 218664

I tore myself away from the Beast so we could get to our last FP+ of the night. The park closed at 10pm, but our FP+ technically didn't expire until 10:15pm. I honestly didn't think anything of it until we walked up at 10:02pm and were turned away by a very un-Disneylike CM. :cautious: I told her we had a FP+ and thought maybe she'd let us through, but she was more concerned about the phone conversation she was having than dealing with us. I wasn't upset about the FP+, I was upset about how she treated us. I was also irritated when I glanced over and noticed a huge group of people being let into the standby line. :mad:

We slowly walked toward the exit and stopped for one last birthday picture before heading out. :)
View attachment 218660

25 feels pretty darn great. :p
Couldn't have asked for a better birthday:happy::happy:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Oh my I'm late to this party but have followed via instagram.

Still jealous of you getting to be so close to Disney but happy for you - you only get one life so live it! And you're certainly doing that and living the dream.

Loved the Pandora shots - can't wait to see that in November it all looks so amazing.

I'm with you on water parks - I can't swim so if we go it's literally so Chris can go down the slides while I go round the lazy river - and it won't be for dry long as I always think I'm missing out on Disney park time!

Also great that you got round all 4 parks in a day - I think we've done it once but like you say it's knackering but worth it just to say you've done it.

Keep living that dream and sharing so we can get our fix of Disney through you...........

Living the dream is an understatement! I still feel like this is a wonderfully amazing dream that I'm going to wake up from!

Pandora is so amazing... I can't wait for you to experience it in person. Pictures just don't do it justice!

I would have never been able to do a water park on a normal Disney trip.. I could barely do it now that we live so close and I'm not technically "missing out" on park time! Lol.

I'll keep the day trips coming as often as I can! School has me a little busy, but I'll always make time for Disney. ;)

You've probably already read this, but I'll leave this here for Dylan :)
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...esidents-for-work-from-home-positions/2332342

I did see this!!! I wish I could do it. :p I keep telling Dylan that he can just be a stay-at-home dog daddy so this would definitely fit into that vision. ;)

I'm so glad you got to spend your birthday at WDW! I'll be celebrating my 26th at the Magic Kingdom this fall, and I'm so excited :joyfull:

Me too! It was the BEST place to spend my birthday! So excited you'll get this same experience very soon! :)

I was a camp counselor one summer, and one of the weeks we took the kids to the city pool (the theme of the week was water). Well, the City Pool just reopened after a year long renovation, and the baby area was merged into the big pool.

Big mistake.

Parents/caretakers either forgot to give their kids water diapers, or they thought things would be fine as is.

They weren't.

Not at all.

Over one summer, the pool had to be closed something like 19 times because kids would not stop pooping in the pool. :grumpy:

So, long story short, those signs are needed.

Oh. My. Gosh. :hilarious:

That is disgusting! Not funny, but it is. :p

Couldn't have asked for a better birthday:happy::happy:

You're telling me! :inlove:

I absolutely love this! Thanks for letting us in on your adventures!! :)

You are living the dream girlie!!!! I am not jealous or anything ;)

Now when I want something park specific like my Figment flower and garden ears that I never found :( I am begging you to help me LOL!!
Congrats on your move!!! When do you start school?!

You are very welcome! My life is the dream life! Lol

I am sooooo up for the challenge of helping you secure all of your Disney Parks must haves. :p

We started on Tuesday to work on our rooms and get things planned, but the kiddos start Thursday the 10th. :D

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, July 29

Today was the day! My very first solo trip! :joyfull: After a minor setback getting to the TTC (read: taking a wrong turn :rolleyes:), I was on my way to the Magic Kingdom!

I talked to a friendly family on the monorail that was also from Pennsylvania, as well as a family who was visiting from London (for 2 weeks :eek:). When I disembarked, it was pouring. :arghh: I stood under the covering at the entrance and waited for it to let up.

The parade was coming through just as I arrived, so at least I had some entertainment. :) It amazes me that the performers don't miss a beat regardless of the fact that it's pouring down rain. Good show, Disney!

The rain started to let up a bit so I walked up to the train station. I had a nice view of the end of the parade while I waited for the train to arrive. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5511.jpg

The sole purpose of my trip today was to meet a bunch of characters. :p Dylan hates doing it so this was my chance to gather more signatures on the photo mat I started on our trip. I arrived in Fantasyland and decided to stop in to see Minnie and Daisy. They had about a 20 minute wait.

Donald and Goofy had about a zero minute wait. :eek: They were literally standing there messing around with the CM's. I was so tempted to get out of line and go meet them, but I refrained because I already had both of their signatures and a quickly approaching FP+. Their line did eventually fill up, otherwise I would have met them just for the sake of getting pictures. :)

Daisy was excited that there was room for her to sign right next to Donald. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_554a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_554c.jpg

I had something very important to show Minnie today. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_556f.jpg

I showed her a picture of Tink and told her that I taught her to sit up pretty just like Minnie's dogs (the ones right behind her). She, along with the CM and PP photographer, were very impressed. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5570.jpg

The picture I showed her. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ef.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5571.jpg

Next up, I had a FP+ to meet a special princess under the sea. :) She was excited when I told her that I had a new castle in this land that I would use the photo mat to decorate. She also told me that I needed to gather some shells to put in my castle. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5552.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5554.jpg

She was so sweet! :inlove: If it weren't for Belle, I think Ariel would be my favorite!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5555.jpg

susan lees

Saturday, July 29

Today was the day! My very first solo trip! :joyfull: After a minor setback getting to the TTC (read: taking a wrong turn :rolleyes:), I was on my way to the Magic Kingdom!

I talked to a friendly family on the monorail that was also from Pennsylvania, as well as a family who was visiting from London (for 2 weeks :eek:). When I disembarked, it was pouring. :arghh: I stood under the covering at the entrance and waited for it to let up.

The parade was coming through just as I arrived, so at least I had some entertainment. :) It amazes me that the performers don't miss a beat regardless of the fact that it's pouring down rain. Good show, Disney!

The rain started to let up a bit so I walked up to the train station. I had a nice view of the end of the parade while I waited for the train to arrive. :)
View attachment 221109

The sole purpose of my trip today was to meet a bunch of characters. :p Dylan hates doing it so this was my chance to gather more signatures on the photo mat I started on our trip. I arrived in Fantasyland and decided to stop in to see Minnie and Daisy. They had about a 20 minute wait.

Donald and Goofy had about a zero minute wait. :eek: They were literally standing there messing around with the CM's. I was so tempted to get out of line and go meet them, but I refrained because I already had both of their signatures and a quickly approaching FP+. Their line did eventually fill up, otherwise I would have met them just for the sake of getting pictures. :)

Daisy was excited that there was room for her to sign right next to Donald. :inlove:
View attachment 221104

View attachment 221105

I had something very important to show Minnie today. ;)
View attachment 221108

I showed her a picture of Tink and told her that I taught her to sit up pretty just like Minnie's dogs (the ones right behind her). She, along with the CM and PP photographer, were very impressed. :p
View attachment 221114

The picture I showed her. :p
View attachment 221117

View attachment 221115

Next up, I had a FP+ to meet a special princess under the sea. :) She was excited when I told her that I had a new castle in this land that I would use the photo mat to decorate. She also told me that I needed to gather some shells to put in my castle. :rolleyes:
View attachment 221110

View attachment 221112

She was so sweet! :inlove: If it weren't for Belle, I think Ariel would be my favorite!
View attachment 221113
Love your photo of tink sooooo cute:)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Love your photo of tink sooooo cute:)

Thank you! I think she's pretty darn cute myself. :)

Have I mentioned how much I love your photo mat Idea? I'm so doing that for my next trip!

Adorable pic of you and Ariel! She's been my fave since I was 9 :happy:

It stirs up some fun interactions with the characters! I finally have a wall big enough to display all of the ones that I've done over the years.. Now to get Dylan on the job of actually hanging them for me. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, July 29 cont.

After my meet and greet with Ariel, I took a few minutes to explore her area and take some pictures. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5513.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5515.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5516.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5517.jpg

I continued on my way toward the heart of Fantasyland when I noticed a line for a character who's ALWAYS entertaining to meet. Noooooo oneeeee meets like Gaston, no one greets like Gaston, no one sweeps young girls off of their feet like Gaston. :p:inlove: Don't act like you didn't sing that.

Unfortunately, it was almost time for him to take a break when I got in line so I did end up waiting quite awhile. However, the purpose of today's trip was to meet characters and SLOW DOWN so that is exactly what I did. :) I did see the tail end of an engagement in front of the fountain as I approached, so that was kind of neat.

I talked to a young girl in line who was visiting from Honduras with her family.. she was probably around 16 I'd say. She was totally confused about how to work the FP+ system and how to tell which characters were meeting when and where. She was very grateful for my help. :D I noticed that people are more willing to strike up conversations with you if you're alone. I talked to more people in lines and in passing today than I ever have before.

Some pictures while I waited...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_551a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_551d.jpg

Gaston is always fashionably late returning from his breaks (seriously), but he did finally make his way back out to greet his drooling fans. :p He's very suave...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5559.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5558.jpg

He told me to be sure that I keep our pictures hidden from Dylan because jealousy is a terrible thing. :rolleyes: Gaston does typically have long waits, but he is soooo worth it. I always walk away laughing. :)

Continuing on! No ADR here today. :(
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_551e.jpg

I was hungry, however, so I made a quick stop at Friar's Nook for some delicious mac and cheese. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5520.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, July 29 cont.

I sat on a wall near the carousel to eat and people watch. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5521.jpg

Next up, I had a FP+ to meet Cinderella and Elena.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_555e.jpg

She loved seeing her castle on my shirt. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_555a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_555b.jpg

I have never in my life watched Elena.. I know NOTHING about her. But I'm not one to turn down a character interaction. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_555f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5560.jpg

I decided to walk through some of the shops that I typically pass by. I really only shop at the Emporium for the most part. :) Last time I saw this Minnie, she was dressed as Elsa. I think it's fun that they change her costume every so often!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5522.jpg

A shirt that I must have... After I get a paycheck or two. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5523.jpg

Continuing my slow walk around Fantasyland.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5524.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5525.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, July 29 cont.

I started making my way back to Main Street, but Move It, Shake It was going on so I stood on the castle ramp to watch and take some random pictures. Can one ever really have too many castle pictures? :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5526.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5528.jpg

The castle literally does not have a bad angle. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_552a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_552b.jpg

A light fixture for @Doc Disney :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_552c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_552d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_552e.jpg

I've never actually taken the time to appreciate the hub area.. it really is beautiful and peaceful (when not mobbed by people :rolleyes:).
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_552f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5530.jpg

I continued down Main Street and popped into the Emporium to browse. I love this view. :rolleyes::inlove: It reminds me of those old Disney Sing-a-Long VHS tapes where you see the CM's restocking the stuffed animals before the park opens, lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5531.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, July 29 cont.

I continued on my way toward the exit after making a few purchases (pictures to follow in the next post). :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5534.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5535.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5536.jpg

I boarded the resort monorail to be taken back to the TTC. I prefer this monorail to the Express.. I love stopping at the monorail resorts. :) The doors closed and lo and behold... I've reached Disney celebrity status! Just call me Shirley (@Tuvalu). :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5537.jpg

Naturally, I took the opportunity to move around the car and take pictures. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5538.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5539.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_553a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_553b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_553c.jpg

I love the "carpet" in the monorails. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_553d.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, July 29 cont.

One more monorail shot. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_553e.jpg

And my purchases! I was so excited to finally get my hands on one of these cups! It's actually pretty cheaply made and is a pain to wash with the rose. But I'll suffer because it's AWESOME. :p I was also excited about my pin find! I'm trying to be more diligent about adding to my collection. I've been slacking. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_553f.jpg

I had a super great, super fun first solo day in Magic Kingdom! It was a little awkward and strange at first, but I quickly relaxed and found myself really enjoying being able to go at my own pace and not have to worry about what anybody else wanted to do. I'm very much looking forward to exploring the other parks solo in the future! However, spending my park days with Dylan will always be my favorite thing to do. :inlove:

Songbird76

Saturday, July 29 cont.

I sat on a wall near the carousel to eat and people watch. :)
View attachment 221380

Next up, I had a FP+ to meet Cinderella and Elena.
View attachment 221378

She loved seeing her castle on my shirt. :)
View attachment 221376

View attachment 221377

I have never in my life watched Elena.. I know NOTHING about her. But I'm not one to turn down a character interaction. :rolleyes:
View attachment 221379

View attachment 221386

I decided to walk through some of the shops that I typically pass by. I really only shop at the Emporium for the most part. :) Last time I saw this Minnie, she was dressed as Elsa. I think it's fun that they change her costume every so often!
View attachment 221381

A shirt that I must have... After I get a paycheck or two. :rolleyes:
View attachment 221383

Continuing my slow walk around Fantasyland.
View attachment 221384

View attachment 221385
Who is Elena?? I don't think I've ever even heard of her!

Songbird76

Saturday, July 29 cont.

I continued on my way toward the exit after making a few purchases (pictures to follow in the next post). :)
View attachment 221415

View attachment 221416

View attachment 221417

I boarded the resort monorail to be taken back to the TTC. I prefer this monorail to the Express.. I love stopping at the monorail resorts. :) The doors closed and lo and behold... I've reached Disney celebrity status! Just call me Shirley (@Tuvalu). :p
View attachment 221418

Naturally, I took the opportunity to move around the car and take pictures. :)
View attachment 221419

View attachment 221420

View attachment 221411

View attachment 221412

View attachment 221413

I love the "carpet" in the monorails. :joyfull:
View attachment 221414
I love how, in that first picture, there's the woman and the boy on the right and the ears on her pink shirt look like they are on the boy's head.

RyPat

View attachment 221381

o_O...

is it just me, or should they also consider changing her "salute" the next time they change her costume...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom