Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

CaptainAmerica

Basically, furries are people who like to dress up as anthropomorphic animals. Often confused/ lumped together with Other-kin, a group that thinks that while they look human on the outside, they're really elves or sprites or gosh knows what else on the inside, or Plushies, people who dress like stuffed animals.

Most are harmless, if a bit eccentric. Of course, there are a few who are... um... REALLY into it, if you know what I mean.
I immediately regret asking.

RobbinsDad

Basically, furries are people who like to dress up as anthropomorphic animals. Often confused/ lumped together with Other-kin, a group that thinks that while they look human on the outside, they're really elves or sprites or gosh knows what else on the inside, or Plushies, people who dress like stuffed animals.

Most are harmless, if a bit eccentric. Of course, there are a few who are... um... REALLY into it, if you know what I mean.
I say to each his own. As long as we don't have to share a bathroom.

/sarcasm (just in case)

Launchpad McQuack

Are we sure that ToT:GotG is actually possible as a permant thing in Orlando? Or will the Guardians' 99% certain entrance into the MCU in 2018 (in Infinity War) make that against the contract?

Jim Hill believed that it would be against the contract come 2018, and that therefore, the overlay must be temporary in Orlando. But this was just his interpretation and hasn't been confirmed or backed up.

I know the language isn't clear. I don't mean to start another whole argument over it, I'm just wondering whether anything has been cleared up, since this topic is really too depressing and shuddering for me to closely follow. I really am hoping the contract forbids it. I really am.

The Guardians are already in the MCU, along with the Avengers, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, etc.

Floyd M

Just an update from a trusted source, but news from TDA is that DCA's ToT extreme makeover (Bob Iger IP Ego Edition) is now showing up on planning calendars, with the ride tentatively closing September 19th and reopening in May of 2017.

The bigger plans for the pre-show and some additional exterior work were agreed to by TDA and the closure will be longer now, instead of waiting until next January. The financial greenlight won't happen until July, purposely until after Shanghai opens.

The WDW version is still stuck in limbo for a list of operational and logistical reasons exclusive to the what was once an amazing vibrant and dynamic theme park and working studio, but is now a sad corpse where you can buy lots of Star Wars crap but not actually experience any ... well ... you know ... attractions.

Incredibly depressing. I just renewed my AP yesterday on a hopeful whim that maybe this rumor would prove to be no more than that... or at least get undone by a lackluster Shanghai opening. I even purchased some Tower merch in a symbolic gesture of support (foolish, yes, but I got a pretty cool refrigerator magnet for my ten bucks.) If the Sept 19 date proves true, at least I'll have the opportunity to make enough visits to marginally justify the renewal expense. But should the Tower in fact close, I'm done. Seven years of dedicated patronage will come to a permanent end. I can roll with a lot of changes and I'm more than happy to make way for new things even if they don't personally appeal to me (unlike a certain breed of ludicrously entitled superfans known to raise their voices in the online community) but the loss of my favorite ride at DCA for some idiotic makeover will prove to be my Disney Waterloo. Sad, but I suppose change is the only constant. It was a good run while it lasted. Now I can spend my free time and entertainment dollars somewhere else, and muse on pleasant memories of when the Anaheim resort was one of my favorite places on Earth.

Progress.City

Man, I hope this happens at DHS! GotG is AWESOME!! Face it, ToT is, like, sooooo old. It's like what, from the '90s? Seriously, look at how dusty all the carp in the lobby is. If they can't keep it clean, just get rid of it.

Bring on the raccoon with a machine gun!
Isn't that building condemned? I thought safety inspectors ordered the hotel shutdown like in the 30's or something for multiple code violations?

Matt_Black

The people you need to be careful using Disney slang around. Because if you refer to a "Meet and Greet" as a "Meet and Grope" they are likely to book tickets before you are able to explain that "grope" is an euphemism.

To be fair, that's a very small minority of the group. To use a comparison (even though as a rule I find them insufferable), most adult My Little Pony fans are decent folks, and it's just a handful that write soul scarring fan fiction involving topics we really shouldn't discuss here.

FigmentJedi

imperius

It's a shock ploy but also will let it develop unlike the rest of the Internet. Cap was just returned to being young by a cosmic cube entity, so who knows what happened.

Matt_Black

Speaking of which, the latest idiotic gimmick to get outrage sales from people is that Captain America was a secret HYDRA agent all along

http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

People getting outraged over this must have forgotten it's a comic. How many Superman comics have there been where Superman is acting like a bad guy, only for the reader to find that, SURPRISE, no, no it was all just a clever plan to trick the Toyman or whatever.

Besides, it's not like they're peeing all over one of their most famous and critically acclaimed works as a sales gimmick, unlike a certain Distinguished Competitor....

FigmentJedi

People getting outraged over this must have forgotten it's a comic. How many Superman comics have there been where Superman is acting like a bad guy, only for the reader to find that, SURPRISE, no, no it was all just a clever plan to trick the Toyman or whatever.

Besides, it's not like they're peeing all over one of their most famous and critically acclaimed works as a sales gimmick, unlike a certain Distinguished Competitor....
DC Rebirth is at least a clever meta-commentary on how The Age of Grimdark Edgy Comics is Watchmen's fault or at least the fault of people that think Watchmen is the ideal template for any superhero comic.

This is just "Hey, let's celebrate Captain America's 75th Anniversary by taking a dump on him"

Matt_Black

DC Rebirth is at least a clever meta-commentary on how The Age of Grimdark Edgy Comics is Watchmen's fault or at least the fault of people that think Watchmen is the ideal template for any superhero comic.

It would have had more punch if it weren't written by Geoff Johns, a guy who's had some many characters get their arms ripped off in brutal fashion that it's become a joke.

This is just "Hey, let's celebrate Captain America's 75th Anniversary by taking a dump on him"

Well, there's precedent for this sort of story, and we don't know how it's going to play out yet (SPOILER- he's not really evil! Calling it now). It's not nearly as bad as Denny O'Neill's Wonder Woman, who took a look at everything cool and unique about the character- the powers, the connection to Greek myth, the costume- and decided to get rid of ALL of it, and then was SHOCKED when long-time fans hated it.

mickeyfan5534

It's more than Cap's HYDRA now. It's Captain America, a character created by two Jewish men, is now a Nazi. I give this series six issues, the entire "revelation" to be retconned away by the middle of issue 3, and that the writer who gave a complete disregard of character worse than Batman using guns and killing in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Suck will never be writing for Marvel again after this "story" is finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom