Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Soarin' Over Pgh

It's more than Cap's HYDRA now. It's Captain America, a character created by two Jewish men, is now a Nazi. I give this series six issues, the entire "revelation" to be retconned away by the middle of issue 3, and that the writer who gave a complete disregard of character worse than Batman using guns and killing in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Suck will never be writing for Marvel again after this "story" is finished.

This. All of this. What a smack in the face. Even for a publicity stunt/sales, that's a low blow.

Launchpad McQuack

And under Iger's management we should be surprised why???. It's another gimmick to pump up sales of 'collectibles' nothing matters to Iger but the Bucks. Most outfits would try to do something to honor an anniversary like this

I highly doubt Iger has ANY involvement in this. He probably just found out about it when it hit the news cycle. Comics have a long history of sales gimmicks dating way back. They don't need Iger to steer the ship in that direction. In the '90s, it was all about holographic foil foldout variant covers and other nonsense. Now it's usually "let's have a huge company-wide event every six months so people buy all the tie-in books, and then we relaunch with 'new reader friendly' #1 issues so we can start the cycle all over again!" DC Comics does this crap, too, so this isn't a Big Bad Iger thing.

AEfx

And under Iger's management we should be surprised why???. It's another gimmick to pump up sales of 'collectibles' nothing matters to Iger but the Bucks. Most outfits would try to do something to honor an anniversary like this

Oh cripes.

Folks, we really need to get a grip on this Iger-hate. Because the more people blame him for everything under the sun, even when he clearly has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with something like this, it just makes y'all look like a bunch of haters with no point. It really drowns out any valid criticism one might have.

As an FYI, comics have been doing this for DECADES...and to be honest, I find the hullabaloo about this comical, no pun intended. It's just a temporary plot point in a comic book, nothing earth-changing for people to get all bent out of shape about. It's hardly Superman dying...and we know how long that lasted.

My guess is most folks complaining about this haven't bought a Captain America comic in years, if ever.

Rodan75

HydraCap is just a storyline, I don't understand why folks are having a freakout over it. Marvel deserves a bit more trust than what it received thus far. Yes this storyline is meant to build sales (comics is a business afterall...lol) but I suspect the storyline will eventually lead to some good character building, and maybe even some commentary on the state of our politics today.

I'm not saying I'm going to like the story, but I'm going to wait until the end to see how it plays out. If HydraCap is the new status quo, then I may complain a year from now. But this is a comic book and I'm willing to give the storyteller some breathing room.

RobbinsDad

HydraCap is just a storyline, I don't understand why folks are having a freakout over it. Marvel deserves a bit more trust than what it received thus far. Yes this storyline is meant to build sales (comics is a business afterall...lol) but I suspect the storyline will eventually lead to some good character building, and maybe even some commentary on the state of our politics today.

I'm not saying I'm going to like the story, but I'm going to wait until the end to see how it plays out. If HydraCap is the new status quo, then I may complain a year from now. But this is a comic book and I'm willing to give the storyteller some breathing room.

Comic books have more twists and turns than a soap opera. I HIGHLY doubt this transfers to the MCU unless there is a happy resolution to Cap's current situation.

Cesar R M

It's a shock ploy but also will let it develop unlike the rest of the Internet. Cap was just returned to being young by a cosmic cube entity, so who knows what happened.
Some people even rumor this captain america was kidnaped and replaced by a Skrull.
Which is no surprise if you take into consideration that there are thousands of Skrulls with super powers that imitate Earth's heroes.
Also Guardians of the Galaxy just got inside a huge skrull arc.

It would have had more punch if it weren't written by Geoff Johns, a guy who's had some many characters get their arms ripped off in brutal fashion that it's become a joke.
He has a fetish for arm ripping?
reminds me of the guys who did "Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe".
hugely unfunny, over the top and nothing like deadpool.
Probably written to redo the shock and mess of the marvel zombies saga.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

While we're blaming Iger, let's just go up the ladder further and blame Obama. It was only under his leadership of this nation that it was allowed to happen, right? :rolleyes:

I'm no fan of Bob Iger, but he had no say or involvement in this decision. It was the writer (Nick Spencer) and Marvel editors, who said: "Sure, sounds like a way to sell some comics."

Cesar R M

of course...maybe the hashtag yesterday should have been #GayOrHydra , and get everyone up in arms. =-)
oh gods, as some who watches the marvel tags in tumblr for comic updates, I'm pretty sick at all the schoolgirls pairing Captain America with the Winter soldier in a sexual way.
Almost as bad as those "shipping" Kylo with General Hux.

Cesar R M

While we're blaming Iger, let's just go up the ladder further and blame Obama. It was only under his leadership of this nation that it was allowed to happen, right? :rolleyes:

I'm no fan of Bob Iger, but he had no say or involvement in this decision. It was the writer (Nick Spencer) and Marvel editors, who said: "Sure, sounds like a way to sell some comics."
reminds me of those infomercial ridiculous failures thanking obama XD

pekaDQI.gif

a579a7ac2f06433101dceae4ffad55cd459e3b6adabf02afa2191eeb8f8b53b9_1.gif

THANKS OBAMA!!!

asianway

Marvel shaking up the status quo in a major way has been normal for their top tier heroes for 30 years ever since they gave Spidey the black costume. And it always comes back to normal for the next writer or arc.

For Cap alone:
He got the black costume and plain shield and disavowed being Captain America
Got killed
Got old
Replaced by Sam Wilson

Thor, Iron Man, Spidey have all had similar MAJOR changes either being killed, replaced, mind swapped...This is nothing new

Matt_Black

Marvel shaking up the status quo in a major way has been normal for their top tier heroes for 30 years ever since they gave Spidey the black costume. And it always comes back to normal for the next writer or arc.

For Cap alone:
He got the black costume and plain shield and disavowed being Captain America
Got killed
Got old
Replaced by Sam Wilson

Thor, Iron Man, Spidey have all had similar MAJOR changes either being killed, replaced, mind swapped...This is nothing new

You forgot that the black costume was the SECOND time that Cap said, "to heck with it", quit being Captain America, and got himself a new costume.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

You don't seem to understand one of the roles a CEO plays in an American corporation he sets the standards for behavior of his lieutenants , If he fosters a culture where grubbing for money is the most valued trait in an aspiring executive that is the behavior that all the executives will follow. And that is the message being sent from Mahogany Row in Burbank to aspiring executives at TWDC i.e. anything goes as long as it returns drug dealer profits.

It's no surprise that when a senior leader fosters a sense of no respect for the law lawless behavior ensues as is seen in the ongoing LIBOR rate setting scandal.

imperius

You don't seem to understand one of the roles a CEO plays in an American corporation he sets the standards for behavior of his lieutenants , If he fosters a culture where grubbing for money is the most valued trait in an aspiring executive that is the behavior that all the executives will follow. And that is the message being sent from Mahogany Row in Burbank to aspiring executives at TWDC i.e. anything goes as long as it returns drug dealer profits.

It's no surprise that when a senior leader fosters a sense of no respect for the law lawless behavior ensues as is seen in the ongoing LIBOR rate setting scandal.
But comics have done things like this since the beginning. DC is going through a rebirth after the new 52 just started not too long ago.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I understand completely the role a CEO plays. Disney owns the property and reaps the rewards, but they aren't sitting creatively over the comics. I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that Disney executives in Burbank are not dictating what's happening in New York at Marvel on a regular basis, if on any real "basis" at all. I can also assure you that no one at Marvel is looking to Burbank for creative direction and the company culture there is based on 75+ years of making great comics and has nothing to do with what you believe Bob Iger wants.

You can believe it or not, but I have several friends who have been working at Marvel (in Manhattan) for nearly a decade, so I'm not just blowing this out of my behind. I also read comics (whoopee for me) and I can also assure you that this is NOT anything new. If you want to see some interesting stuff in comic book history, go back to the 90's (specifically 1992) and read Death of Superman, or look up Women in Refrigerators, or if you're more into the history of the industry, read about Wertham and the Comics Code. Comic books have been doing crazier things since the Golden Age.

RSoxNo1

Basically, furries are people who like to dress up as anthropomorphic animals. Often confused/ lumped together with Other-kin, a group that thinks that while they look human on the outside, they're really elves or sprites or gosh knows what else on the inside, or Plushies, people who dress like stuffed animals.

Most are harmless, if a bit eccentric. Of course, there are a few who are... um... REALLY into it, if you know what I mean.
FYI, the Tokyo parks have large hats with chin straps that are great for furries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom