Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
so doing some thinking here.

Here's where it gets sticky to me, and apologies if someone else brought this up already.

Of all of the Marvel properties which Disney has access to, it seems like the only reason they were going with GOTG was because of the possibility of skirting the contract issue at WDW.

GOTG may be somewhat popular but it is far from Marvel's biggest or most family friendly property

If WDW wouldn't go with GOTG, why not overlay DCA with a better option like a Stark Tower or something?

RSoxNo1

While I love ToT, and I love Guardians, this seems like Frostrom all over again. Gutting a ride that is a fan favorite for an IP that is deserving its own, unique and immersive attraction. I get it, but I don't get it.

Part of me hates seeing ToT being gutted, part of me wants to see how far this boondoggle will go.

So... yeah.
No, this is a worse idea.

StageFrenzy

I wonder about the execution of the attraction and what it will take to go all the way and make DCA TOT a compelling makeover. It seems like it will take a good bit of exterior work and paint. Do they expect Apers will just come and get their love? They will have to pour a lot of detail into the queue and lobby in order to replace the detail and place making of the original ride. How is the golden age of Hollywood architecture going to be transformed into a moonage daydream. Are they just going to Tron track the area and put glowing blue suede lights and neon everywhere. No matter what they do it won't be mountain high levels of theming. I'm hooked on a feeling that this attraction will cherry bomb and everyone will be screaming I want you back to the tower of terror. Chappie done fooled around and fell in to a quagmire. I know he was looking for a escape and hoping things are gonna get easier when the spirit in the sky posted the lowdown. Right now, I'll just wait and see how things are gonna be.

ProfSavage

I wonder about the execution of the attraction and what it will take to go all the way and make DCA TOT a compelling makeover. It seems like it will take a good bit of exterior work and paint. Do they expect Apers will just come and get their love? They will have to pour a lot of detail into the queue and lobby in order to replace the detail and place making of the original ride. How is the golden age of Hollywood architecture going to be transformed into a moonage daydream. Are they just going to Tron track the area and put glowing blue suede lights and neon everywhere. No matter what they do it won't be mountain high levels of theming. I'm hooked on a feeling that this attraction will cherry bomb and everyone will be screaming I want you back to the tower of terror. Chappie done fooled around and fell in to a quagmire. I know he was looking for a escape and hoping things are gonna get easier when the spirit in the sky posted the lowdown. Right now, I'll just wait and see how things are gonna be.

I am not sure anyone else picked up on what you were doing but...

THIS. THIS is awesome.

thank you

Definitely one of the better movie soundtracks in the last few years.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I'm not in love with it either ;)

ThemeParkJunkee

I was just going to "like" this...but I "love" this.

Matt_Black

Basically, furries are people who like to dress up as anthropomorphic animals. Often confused/ lumped together with Other-kin, a group that thinks that while they look human on the outside, they're really elves or sprites or gosh knows what else on the inside, or Plushies, people who dress like stuffed animals.

Most are harmless, if a bit eccentric. Of course, there are a few who are... um... REALLY into it, if you know what I mean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom