Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

sporadic

betty rose

OTPN threw Pirates condition under the bus today.

"This ride is seriously in need of help. During our ride (no worries, we had used FastPass+) we noticed an unsafe amount of water inside the boats, bad light positioning throughout the ride, reflective metal pieces on the ceiling, special effects not working, outdated audio... The ride needs a two-year refurbishment."

Near the bottom of this page http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/03/magic-kingdom-update-spring-break.html
We found our ride (back row seat), unstable to the point of being thrown from one side to the other.:eek:

Monorail_Red_77

I thought I might correct a couple of things based on my understanding of what you have said.

They couldn't have used the current Epcot beam area as a construction path because the Monorail was up and running long before the construction of Epcot was completed. You could ride the Monorail over to the platform at Epcot and see the different stages of construction that was going on. If you mean how they got to the site before the rail was completed, then that is possibly correct.

I don't think that timing is really possible with that scene due to the fact that the boats are not connected to anything that guarantees their position. They run on water currents and are free flowing through most of the ride. There is no guarantee that they will show up at the mermaid scene exactly in time with the continuous projection loop. The scraping you heard is more likely the sides of the boat hitting the guide rails along side it. The water in the ride is deep enough that water would have to be spilling over the sides of the boat before it would hit bottom. But, that said... Yes, the old girl is in dire need of a facelift and some corrective surgery.

The part about the construction road being in the same location as the epcot beam I saw on an old Disney documentary that I have. It was some old school true imagineers talking about it. Not sure if it was Marty S. or not. I'll have to try and find it again where it is referenced.

Ragetti

Just my luck! DANG IT! POTC was closed at Disneyland when we went there a few years ago too! It seems like every time I go to Disney, either POTC or the Haunted Mansion (my two favorite rises) is closed. BOO! I know it needs fixing... but I'm just cursing my luck. This will probably be our last trip to Disney with our daughter as a kid. Too many other places to see in the world. I want this to be our Disney Blowout. :)

bethymouse

Well whatever Disney does with Pirates, I hope it gets completely "fixed"! Any ride is a safety risk! Guests need to be more aware of the "dangers" of riding any ride. The CMs need to be very vigilant when it comes to loading/unloading/watching cameras during the actual ride! I know it changes the ambiance of the attraction, but a CM needs to get over a "speaker" of some sort ( if able to) and tell those guests to keep hands, etc... inside the boat at all times! If not, the ride will stop and all may have to be evacuated! I doubt if this will stop people, but it may deter some rude behavior. If it is a "new boat " issue, then Disney needs to be on it NOW! The ride needs to be under refurbishment right away as some have already said. I will miss it on our June trip, but I am completely for anything that will enhance the ride and make it better!;)

betty rose

Well whatever Disney does with Pirates, I hope it gets completely "fixed"! Any ride is a safety risk! Guests need to be more aware of the "dangers" of riding any ride. The CMs need to be very vigilant when it comes to loading/unloading/watching cameras during the actual ride! I know it changes the ambiance of the attraction, but a CM needs to get over a "speaker" of some sort ( if able to) and tell those guests to keep hands, etc... inside the boat at all times! If not, the ride will stop and all may have to be evacuated! I doubt if this will stop people, but it may deter some rude behavior. If it is a "new boat " issue, then Disney needs to be on it NOW! The ride needs to be under refurbishment right away as some have already said. I will miss it on our June trip, but I am completely for anything that will enhance the ride and make it better!;)
Agree, completely...I'll be there in June, and won't miss it , in it's current condition.;)

gmajew

Premium Member
So this ride is going to be fixed and refurb so what is the wish list on what happens?

What can they do in this time frame? Then what additions would you like to see added?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom