Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 21. At the extreme edge of the hub redevelopment....the planter boxes in front of the restrooms at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant have been painted gray to match the exterior walls of Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. Previously they were white. Also, the planter box adjacent to the wall is completed, with water fountain. It was a "retro" day with hulu hoops.

IMG_5312.JPG

IMG_5313.JPG

Last edited:

note2001

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 21. At the extreme edge of the hub redevelopment....the planter boxes in front of the restrooms at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant have been painted gray to match the exterior walls of Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. Previously they were white. Also, the planter box adjacent to the wall is completed, with water fountain. it was a "retro" day with hulu hoops.

View attachment 90454

View attachment 90455

We call those Bubblers. :D Looking good. Now if they could add something tall with leaves... perhaps Groot?

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 21. At the extreme edge of the hub redevelopment....the planter boxes in front of the restrooms at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant have been painted gray to match the exterior walls of Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. Previously they were white. Also, the planter box adjacent to the wall is completed, with water fountain. it was a "retro" day with hulu hoops.

View attachment 90454

View attachment 90455
looking good
that part looked very cramped with the walls and construction in the planter.

halltd

I was so hoping a giant amazingly beautiful tree was going to go in this planter. :cry: But, I guess there's still a glimmer of hope since there's obviously still pavement to be completed in this area.

Hula hooping in front of the bathrooms? Do I even want to know?

DGracey

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 21. At the extreme edge of the hub redevelopment....the planter boxes in front of the restrooms at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant have been painted gray to match the exterior walls of Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. Previously they were white. Also, the planter box adjacent to the wall is completed, with water fountain. It was a "retro" day with hulu hoops.

View attachment 90454

View attachment 90455

Why would they build such a large planter for such small greenery and bushes? Is it anticipated once the hub and bypass construction is complete, they will put some large trees in this planter to hide the back of Main St.? It looks odd ..

Bolt

Why would they build such a large planter for such small greenery and bushes? Is it anticipated once the hub and bypass construction is complete, they will put some large trees in this planter to hide the back of Main St.? It looks odd ..
I assume they didn't put a ton of nice plants in it if they are still working on it as noted in the changes still happening.

RAXIP

I didn't want to start yet another forum thread for such a trivial subject....so here it is. This week's Times Guide for the Magic Kingdom was printed on slick paper, similar to the park maps, but on heavier paper than the park maps. This allows a more colorful photo on the paper, as shown below for PhilharMagic.

View attachment 90461
The new glossy paper is because Disney has a new vendor printing the weekly Times Guides. This is a good example of where correlation does not imply causation. Full color images have been printed on the Times Guides in the past (including two-page full color guides for Frozen Summer Fun) on the old paper. [/endrant]

wogwog

I assume they didn't put a ton of nice plants in it if they are still working on it as noted in the changes still happening.
They just put in some plain low growing greenery. Plain and boring. No flowers. I agree that big planter cries for a big tree.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

hello, make it tall enough to be uncomfortable, bevel the edges and make the top only wide enough to perch a cola on... no sitting or standing during fireworks...

Vegas Disney Fan

For the new color do they have to completely rip out the old red concrete or are they able to shave the surface and put a thin layer of the new color or can they simply stain the surface the new color?

I really like the new color but it looks terrible having both colors side by side and the sooner they get rid of the red the better.

Rose&Crowner

This becomes less amusing and more tired each time you do it. Every comedian needs a new act from time to time. I hate it when I go to a show and say to my wife, "I've already seen this joke on Comedy Central."

Kyle thank you so much for the accolade! I've always thought "wouldn't it be nice to be amusing?" And here... Here you've just gone and said it. I'm a comedian! Truly I can't thank you enough! I hope the running gag that got me here continues, and does so at it's increasing frequency for years to come.WOOO HOOOO KYLE!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Kyle thank you so much for the accolade! I've always thought "wouldn't it be nice to be amusing?" And here... Here you've just gone and said it. I'm a comedian! Truly I can't thank you enough! I hope the running gag that got me here continues, and does so at it's increasing frequency for years to come.WOOO HOOOO KYLE!

I still think it's kind of funny. :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
This becomes less amusing and more tired each time you do it. Every comedian needs a new act from time to time. I hate it when I go to a show and say to my wife, "I've already seen this joke on Comedy Central."

I still think it's kind of funny. :)

In a way, you're all correct. Repetition is a very common comedic technique. In fact, some things wouldn't be funny at all without the repetition. However, it can be especially annoying if it does not tickle one's funny bone. As a result it can lead to direct antagonism. Mr. Navigator is legitimately annoyed at Mr. Crowner's joke, but Mr. Crowner's joke relies on the repetition and the fact it is supposed to be inherently annoying. So, I suppose, the solution in this case would be to scan or just skip any post of Mr. Crowner's if you are Mr. Navigator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom