Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

SpaceMountain75

Second turret is in...
image.jpg
And in other news the hub is a wreck...
image.jpg
Both photos by @SpotMickey

Blairnicol

Huzah for relevant photos! Anyone remember how long the back section of center took? Going the last week in May & hoping Partners will be back out of it's box...if only for my friend who has never been.

Cesar R M

If I remember correctly, the North half of the central hub didn't take very long, so hopefully the South half is just as speedy. It'll be SO nice when the central portion of the hub is all the new concrete, rails, planters, and tiny trees (but trees none the less). I can't wait!
I think they took a week and half (or a little more ) to build the planters.
in Feb 10-16.. the place was completely razed. no concrete or buildings, by the next week after I returned, the planters were installed and the box removed (from photos).
it was then completely unveiled the next week

NickC

My apologies if this has been posted before, but I stumbled upon this today and found it interesting...

KHS&S has the MK Hub Hardscape refresh listed under the "Projects in Progress" section of their most recent portfolio, with a completion date of December 2015:

l6Lo5d8.jpg

http://www.khss.com/media/downloads/LR_2015_KHSS_East_Coast_Quals_JAN_2015_1.pdf

Hopefully it's completed sooner, like many are speculating, but with the permits being valid through Nov. 2015, I have to wonder if they're really going to stretch this out that long.

RSoxNo1

A wreck to me would be if they painted the hub to look like this:
Future-World_Full_20766.jpg;width=640

(No idea where that wreck is :rolleyes:)

Think of this as spring cleaning. The nature of construction is that it has to get worse before it can look better.
FYI, the brown/beige color scheme (not the multi-colored theme we see now) was part of Epcot in the 80s.

Figment2005

A wreck to me would be if they painted the hub to look like this:
Future-World_Full_20766.jpg;width=640

(No idea where that wreck is :rolleyes:)

Think of this as spring cleaning. The nature of construction is that it has to get worse before it can look better.
Just to be that guy, do you notice that all the colors in that picture blend and don't clash. What a surprise...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom