Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Sped2424

I don't care what spirit or any other person says about this new hub, for me sitting down comfortably while watching celebrate the magic with enough legroom to literally make a star made the plaza gardens a staple for me. And during the day it's an excellent breathing area. It just adds another level of intimacy and romanticism to an area that was already oozing with it. Seriously for any doubters just wait till you experience the area for yourself. It made my night and it's exactly the type of addition the hub DESPERATELY needed especially if they are getting rid of the rose walkway.

dizneycrazy09

I don't care what spirit or any other person says about this new hub, for me sitting down comfortably while watching celebrate the magic with enough legroom to literally make a star made the plaza gardens a staple for me. And during the day it's an excellent breathing area. It just adds another level of intimacy and romanticism to an area that was already oozing with it. Seriously for any doubters just wait till you experience the area for yourself. It made my night and it's exactly the type of addition the hub DESPERATELY needed especially if they are getting rid of the rose walkway.

I completely agree. I was skeptical at first, but after seeing it in person, I was pleasantly surprised.

IWant2GoNow

It's nearly impossible to time on purpose, but we've been on Big Thunder twice during Wishes and it was AWESOME.

We managed to do this once and it was amazing. Best ride ever with Wishes going off!

I too have done this and it is fantastic. My friend and I were actually able to jump right back on and get two rides in with fireworks. I'll never forget it!

G00fyDad

Yeah NFL = New Fantasyland.

We walked through there a few times. Earlier in the evening, we came from Tomorrowland, walked the outer ring of the Hub, down to Main Street, across and to the Emporium for example. In fact, the only time it even felt like a really busy day was when we were in the actual Emporium itself. (So many people were smooshed in there trying to find warmer weather clothing as it got into the 50's when the sun went down. A shocking low temp for us this time of year!)

Here's a shot of one of the fountains as we rounded through one of the FP+ gardens of the Hub before the second parade. You can see people sitting waiting in the inner ring.

mk-fountain-march15.jpg

I admit, I was worried but we were both really pleasantly surprised. It's definitely a positive change and it's going to make for a more enjoyable experience getting around MK.

I look forward to this change. On our last trip we attempted go exit Tomorrowland and go down MUSA only to walk to the hub's sidewalk and sea of people, strollers, ecv's, and opposite flowing foot traffic.
th_Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon19831.gif

cspencer96

This isn't a commentary on your photography at all, as the picture is composed interestingly, but that red light on the fountains is SO UGLY. I don't get why they went for that color when white/yellow light would match Main Street so much better.
I think it looks nice, but here is one possible reason for it (coming from a lighting guy). Red light is less intrusive to the eye, allowing the fountains to be seen and lit but not take away the focus from the lighting and beautiful scenery around them at night (mainly the castle). It looks like they added a bit more orange to make it less blatantly red, but keeping the colors in that area of the spectrum not only brings out the beautiful copper in the fountain but also keeps the uplighting from being blinding and just taking away from the surroundings.

That may not be why, I have zero insider knowledge haha. But that would be why I would make the choice to use reddish uplighting in that situation.

MissM

Be that as it may, it makes gorgeous wallpaper for my iPhone.
Hope you don't mind @MissM; I really do like it that much.

View attachment 88601
Sure! I don't mind at all. :D

And yes, the photo is definitely on the "artistic" side, in that I've chosen to accentuate more vivid colors to get a certain style/look to the shot. Yes, the fountains do have a red hue to them in real life, but I liked how it looked and I liked the color it added which is why I took the shot in the first place! ;)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yeah NFL = New Fantasyland.

We walked through there a few times. Earlier in the evening, we came from Tomorrowland, walked the outer ring of the Hub, down to Main Street, across and to the Emporium for example. In fact, the only time it even felt like a really busy day was when we were in the actual Emporium itself. (So many people were smooshed in there trying to find warmer weather clothing as it got into the 50's when the sun went down. A shocking low temp for us this time of year!)

Here's a shot of one of the fountains as we rounded through one of the FP+ gardens of the Hub before the second parade. You can see people sitting waiting in the inner ring.

mk-fountain-march15.jpg

I admit, I was worried but we were both really pleasantly surprised. It's definitely a positive change and it's going to make for a more enjoyable experience getting around MK.
Awesome picture!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom