Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Next Big Thing

I also think about how much money it costs to even underpay the CM's. What is there now, about 80K CM's onsite? If that number is true and even if they all only work 20 hours per week, a $1.00 per hour would increase the current amounts by $83,200,000 per year (not counting matching government requirements). The problem there is that $1.00 per hour really isn't enough to help the CM's financially. If you needed to do that it would, at the very least multiply that number by 4, at the very least! This is the one time that Walt was wrong. There is no blessing of size.
I don't see what you are getting at here, no one is getting paid $1.00/hour. Minimum is $9.00, but part and full-timers make more... CPs are typically the ones making $9. CPs are also guaranteed 30 hours minimum and Full time can work upwards of 70+ hours in a week. Any time over 40 hours (or 8 hours in a day) is OT.

So just for example, to get to 70 hours PAID,the CM would have to work somewhere around an average of 10.5 hours per day, take out 45 mins for lunch (if at MK, 30 if anywhere else). That would put them close to 70 hours, now you have to account for pay. The first 40 hours come out to $360 (40*9=360), then comes OT pay. This person got 30 hours of OT pay (probably some double time too, but we won't get into that). So 30*13.5=405. The worker also received OT for everyshift worked over 8 hours, so if every shift was 10.5 hours, that's 9.75 paid, meaning 1.75 hours of OT*7=12.25.

So this person made $360 of regular time and $417.25 of OT, which comes out to a total payout of $777.25 for the week. Not to bad for an underpaid CM, huh? Of course taxes would bring it down, but still not that bad.

I understand you weren't exactly arguing the point that I went to, but the numbers I spell out here show that someone CAN make decent enough money to live on as a front-line worker. You just have to work hard for it.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Maybe they should cut down all the trees? ;)
cut down all the trees..
gQVLhrU.gif

Cesar R M

I don't see what you are getting at here, no one is getting paid $1.00/hour. Minimum is $9.00, but part and full-timers make more... CPs are typically the ones making $9. CPs are also guaranteed 30 hours minimum and Full time can work upwards of 70+ hours in a week. Any time over 40 hours (or 8 hours in a day) is OT.

So just for example, to get to 70 hours PAID,the CM would have to work somewhere around an average of 10.5 hours per day, take out 45 mins for lunch (if at MK, 30 if anywhere else). That would put them close to 70 hours, now you have to account for pay. The first 40 hours come out to $360 (40*9=360), then comes OT pay. This person got 30 hours of OT pay (probably some double time too, but we won't get into that). So 30*13.5=405. The worker also received OT for everyshift worked over 8 hours, so if every shift was 10.5 hours, that's 9.75 paid, meaning 1.75 hours of OT*7=12.25.

So this person made $360 of regular time and $417.25 of OT, which comes out to a total payout of $777.25 for the week. Not to bad for an underpaid CM, huh?

I understand you weren't exactly arguing the point that I went to, but the numbers I spell out here show that someone CAN make decent enough money to live on as a front-line worker. You just have to work hard for it.
how good is the pay for Managers anyway?
are they really that high compared to standard CMs?

Goofyernmost

So this person made $360 of regular time and $417.25 of OT, which comes out to a total payout of $777.25 for the week. Not to bad for an underpaid CM, huh?
Read it again, I said ADD to the current pay, not have it be the current pay. If I'm reading yours correctly you are telling me that to make a decent weeks pay one needs to work 70 hours when so much of the US gets that much for 40 hours. I'm not sure that's a good thing. I mean I'm glad that they were able to get that much, it must have helped a lot, but, when did they get the time to enjoy it.

Also if they worked 10.5 hr less .75 for lunch that's 9.75 paid hours per day. To get to 70 hours would require working 7 days per week, with no time off. Sorry, I'm not seeing that as an award winning job. Carry it even further and assume the Bob Iger only makes 43,000,000.00 per year (before bonus) and he makes $900.00 every 2.5 minutes.

CentralFLlife

So this person made $360 of regular time and $417.25 of OT, which comes out to a total payout of $777.25 for the week. Not to bad for an underpaid CM, huh? Of course taxes would bring it down, but still not that bad.

Except you can't just decide randomly to work 70hrs per week. It is incredibly difficult to arrange that

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

Read it again, I said ADD to the current pay, not have it be the current pay. If I'm reading yours correctly you are telling me that to make a decent weeks pay one needs to work 70 hours when so much of the US gets that much for 40 hours. I'm not sure that's a good thing. I mean I'm glad that they were able to get that much, it must have helped a lot, but, when did they get the time to enjoy it.

Also if they worked 10.5 hr less .75 for lunch that's 9.75 paid hours per day. To get to 70 hours would require working 7 days per week, with no time off. Sorry, I'm not seeing that as an award winning job. Carry it even further and assume the Bob Iger only makes 43,000,000.00 per year (before bonus) and he makes $900.00 every 2.5 minutes.
Well obviously it would require working 7 days a week, I outlined that pretty clearly. It's not a glamorous life nor is it something that is a regular occurrence. Also, it's possible to get to 70 on 6 days, all they need to do is work 12 hour shifts, which isn't something that is uncommon.

Also, I clearly said that I strayed from your point at the end of my post. You just seem to have not read much of any it.

scottb411

One more for agreement of the new hub. Was at the MK all day yesterday - first day of the spring break blackout on Saturday and it was very easy to navigate around the outer edges of the hub from FantasyLand to edge of Frontierland to Main Street USA. Was at the MK from 11am to 11pm and got 5 fast passes total (3 + 2) for E ticket rides and waits for C and D ticket rides were around 20 minutes so an enjoyable day with the family all around. Little Mermaid refurb was good as well - first time seeing it.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
One more for agreement of the new hub. Was at the MK all day yesterday - first day of the spring break blackout on Saturday and it was very easy to navigate around the outer edges of the hub from FantasyLand to edge of Frontierland to Main Street USA. Was at the MK from 11am to 11pm and got 5 fast passes total (3 + 2) for E ticket rides and waits for C and D ticket rides were around 20 minutes so an enjoyable day with the family all around. Little Mermaid refurb was good as well - first time seeing it.
Sounds like you had an awesome day! It's nice to hear that once in a while.

The Visionary Soul

This isn't a commentary on your photography at all, as the picture is composed interestingly, but that red light on the fountains is SO UGLY. I don't get why they went for that color when white/yellow light would match Main Street so much better.
Bite your tongue!

That light is actually perfect for the area in person. Everything looks brighter in her photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom