Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

betty rose

You been in it since the remodel? I prefer the new lobby way more- and I saw it before they added the tiki statue.

If you haven't seen it in person, then you likely shouldn't speak on it. Opinions vary- I like the new Boardwalk villas room remodels, others don't.

It doesn't make it a downgrade just because you don't like it. Unless you're the ruler of all opinions and I just wasn't aware. In that case- I humbly apologize.
Trying not to offend anyone's opinion, cause we are all stating our opinion, based on the facts as we see it. I like the new Poly, it doesn't cause my allergies to flare up, and the peace and Hawaiian music are so nice. I thought the Tiki was welcoming us with open arms, and lei's. A sign of welcome. I spent 6 weeks on Oahu and the big Island while my husband had to work...;) and the new Poly reminds me of the Islands. They like blues, oranges and browns. And tiki's were certainly (in my opinion), along with pineapples a symbol of welcome. Again, just stating my opinion...I only wish I could afford to stay there.:angelic:

Cesar R M

You been in it since the remodel? I prefer the new lobby way more- and I saw it before they added the tiki statue.

If you haven't seen it in person, then you likely shouldn't speak on it. Opinions vary- I like the new Boardwalk villas room remodels, others don't.

It doesn't make it a downgrade just because you don't like it. Unless you're the ruler of all opinions and I just wasn't aware. In that case- I humbly apologize.
Thanks for trying to single me out.

And I did.. both before (2013) and after (this february) , last february seen it twice.. and I seen the bungalows and how much they blocked.. both from the boat and from the resort itself.
One thing I really loved, were the lamps and the bottom area chairs/deck/decor.
The decor change was definitively need. I just find the new waterfall to be awfully pitiful.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Trying not to offend anyone's opinion, cause we are all stating our opinion, based on the facts as we see it. I like the new Poly, it doesn't cause my allergies to flare up, and the peace and Hawaiian music are so nice. I thought the Tiki was welcoming us with open arms, and lei's. A sign of welcome. I spent 6 weeks on Oahu and the big Island while my husband had to work...;) and the new Poly reminds me of the Islands. They like blues, oranges and browns. And tiki's were certainly (in my opinion), along with pineapples a symbol of welcome. Again, just stating my opinion...I only wish I could afford to stay there.:angelic:
You do not need to stay there to enjoy it, thats for sure.
Eating in O'hana for example.. (specially during the fireworks).
highly recommended!

betty rose

Thanks for trying to single me out.

And I did.. both before (2013) and after (this february) , last february seen it twice.. and I seen the bungalows and how much they blocked.. both from the boat and from the resort itself.
One thing I really loved, were the lamps and the bottom area chairs/deck/decor.
The decor change was definitively need. I just find the new waterfall to be awfully pitiful.
I agree that the waterfall wasn't the best use of "lava" rock, as I've never seen formations of lava looking like this. :eek:

Martiyoman

Oh, you hadn't heard?

Brian

So how's the Magic Kingdom HUB looking today? :)

It looks like the right side turret is partially covered.

CBQuT9tWQAAYfxd.jpg

CBQuUpcWsAA50aj.jpg

(Images courtesy Twitter user @MagicBandRadio)

MissM

Spent a few hours in MK yesterday late afternoon/evening/night. It was the first time I'd been since they opened the new areas of the Hub. My impression? I like it. It feels very expansive now. I was afraid it would be too barren but it really wasn't. True, there is little in the way of trees. But I tell you, it feels open and wide and very garden/park-like. The FP areas are just darling. I saw people relaxing and hanging out taking a break which really felt warm and inviting. It made the Hub feel more welcoming and less like an impersonal herd of people being shuffled from place A to place B. It was like a little calm repasse in the normally chaotic park.

We watched Wishes from NFL because it's where we were when 10pm roll around, but we did walk through the Hub area during the parade and never has it been smoother or easier to get around. There was so much open space! Keep in mind, this is Spring Break. And it was effortless to round the Hub and make our way to Adventureland and completely bypass the inner ring of people camped out for the parade. Brilliant!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Spent a few hours in MK yesterday late afternoon/evening/night. It was the first time I'd been since they opened the new areas of the Hub. My impression? I like it. It feels very expansive now. I was afraid it would be too barren but it really wasn't. True, there is little in the way of trees. But I tell you, it feels open and wide and very garden/park-like. The FP areas are just darling. I saw people relaxing and hanging out taking a break which really felt warm and inviting. It made the Hub feel more welcoming and less like an impersonal herd of people being shuffled from place A to place B. It was like a little calm repasse in the normally chaotic park.

We watched Wishes from NFL because it's where we were when 10pm roll around, but we did walk through the Hub area during the parade and never has it been smoother or easier to get around. There was so much open space! Keep in mind, this is Spring Break. And it was effortless to round the Hub and make our way to Adventureland and completely bypass the inner ring of people camped out for the parade. Brilliant!
Well then, mission accomplished!

note2001

So NFL = New Fantasy Land?
Curious, what path did you take?

rodserling27

This is similar to my experience all of last week with the hub. I even relaxed and reclined in the faux grass of the new Wishes FP area during the day. VERY nice, very relaxing and inviting. It doesn't look as barren and awful as I expected it to be. The fountains are a nice touch too. As someone who can be adverse to change to my beloved MK, I approve of this immensely.

MissM

So NFL = New Fantasy Land?
Curious, what path did you take?
Yeah NFL = New Fantasyland.

We walked through there a few times. Earlier in the evening, we came from Tomorrowland, walked the outer ring of the Hub, down to Main Street, across and to the Emporium for example. In fact, the only time it even felt like a really busy day was when we were in the actual Emporium itself. (So many people were smooshed in there trying to find warmer weather clothing as it got into the 50's when the sun went down. A shocking low temp for us this time of year!)

Here's a shot of one of the fountains as we rounded through one of the FP+ gardens of the Hub before the second parade. You can see people sitting waiting in the inner ring.

mk-fountain-march15.jpg

This is similar to my experience all of last week with the hub. I even relaxed and reclined in the faux grass of the new Wishes FP area during the day. VERY nice, very relaxing and inviting. It doesn't look as barren and awful as I expected it to be. The fountains are a nice touch too. As someone who can be adverse to change to my beloved MK, I approve of this immensely.
I admit, I was worried but we were both really pleasantly surprised. It's definitely a positive change and it's going to make for a more enjoyable experience getting around MK.

Sage of Time

We walked through there a few times. Earlier in the evening, we came from Tomorrowland, walked the outer ring of the Hub, down to Main Street, across and to the Emporium for example. In fact, the only time it even felt like a really busy day was when we were in the actual Emporium itself. (So many people were smooshed in there trying to find warmer weather clothing as it got into the 50's when the sun went down. A shocking low temp for us this time of year!)

Here's a shot of one of the fountains as we rounded through one of the FP+ gardens of the Hub before the second parade. You can see people sitting waiting in the inner ring.

mk-fountain-march15.jpg

I admit, I was worried but we were both really pleasantly surprised. It's definitely a positive change and it's going to make for a more enjoyable experience getting around MK.
This isn't a commentary on your photography at all, as the picture is composed interestingly, but that red light on the fountains is SO UGLY. I don't get why they went for that color when white/yellow light would match Main Street so much better.

LL2WDW

This isn't a commentary on your photography at all, as the picture is composed interestingly, but that red light on the fountains is SO UGLY. I don't get why they went for that color when white/yellow light would match Main Street so much better.

And not to offend you, but that is just personal preference, and not a fault of Disney. I really enjoy the red light on the fountain. It brings out the copper colors, which is very pleasing to my eye.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

mk-fountain-march15.jpg

That is an absolutely beautiful photo.

Cesar R M

mk-fountain-march15.jpg

a really nice photo!!!

PhotoDave219

Its the saturation on the camera. Its not going to look like that while youre there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom