MagicBand+ announced

TheMaxRebo

"each other" as in MB2 > MB+ and vice Versa won't work? Will MB+ to MB+ bands be interchangeable (and possibly come out with their own non-wrist things later?) I can't quite tell from the picture if they are the regular 000 Philips like MB2 or if they're some type of torx screw.

MB+ to MB+ should work, but not MB2.0 to/from MB+

dmw

In the Parks
No
Some people are getting super short battery life when playing a lot of the interactive games. Heard as low as 2 hours from full charge.
same thing was happening to phone battery life when playing the interactive games in line queues or in Batuu, for example. Constant bluetooth usage is probably the reason.

TheMaxRebo

Oh ok! I just saw a live vlogger talking about how the size is more chunky for smaller wrists. Thanks for that info!

I think they are referring to the actual Icon/Puck part - so the center part that you charge - as that is bigger/thicker/chunkier than MB2.0 - so on a small wrist it could be bulky and awkward - but the actual band itself that wraps around the wrist should fit fine if you "make it smaller" by ripping off the extra

Ayla

same thing was happening to phone battery life when playing the interactive games in line queues or in Batuu, for example. Constant bluetooth usage is probably the reason.
And if you have location services on. Mine is turned off at WDW (and everywhere). The only thing I ever turn it on for is Maps while driving.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Am I the only one shocked at how excited people are for this?
I don't get it either.

I bought one because I want one and expect them to sell out, but I fully expect to look at it, say "huh, neat," then stick it in a drawer until my trip in January, at which point I'll use it a bit in the parks and say "huh, neat" a few times more.

ETA: To be clear, I don't get the hate either. The people saying "OMG I'm so excited I can't wait" and the people saying "Disney should be disgusted by this evil cash grab" are both equally puzzling.

Last edited:
Also having issues ordering pre-arrival bands. Won't load the payment option on the checkout screen, and can't add payment even under the My Disney Experience profile on the website (or through the app). Throwing generic errors like "Sorry an unexpected error occurred. Please try again." and "We're having trouble retrieving your payment info right now."

Anyone encountered this issue and actually gotten past it? Been trying for about 3 hours now...

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm pretty underwhelmed but they also are not unreasonably priced considering MB2 prices. I thought they'd be more capable but I also thought they might start at $60. Lower price matching lower my expectations is a Disney first for me. 😄

I'm leaning toward the fireworks one because I imagine that when lit up it remind me of the Grand Fiesta Tour fireworks.

The night show integration is a big selling point so yeah it's going to be a big problem if average use people can't get through the whole day and it's dead before fireworks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Should you buy the new MagicBand+ for your next Walt Disney World vacation?​

MyMagicPlus_Full_48095.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster

Should you buy the new MagicBand+ for your next Walt Disney World vacation?​

MyMagicPlus_Full_48095.jpg
I mostly agree except for "It also means they will need 8 USB power supplies to do all of this charging."

Who the heck has a phone that charges with USB-A anymore? The last iPhone to ship with USB-A was something like the iPhone X in 2017.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I mostly agree except for "It also means they will need 8 USB power supplies to do all of this charging."

Who the heck has a phone that charges with USB-A anymore? The last iPhone to ship with USB-A was something like the iPhone X in 2017.
I was referring to needing 8 USB in whatever configuration that is. Likely to be 4 USB Type A for the MagicBand+, and then 4 USB Type C for phones and watches.

evelynbrian

Also having issues ordering pre-arrival bands. Won't load the payment option on the checkout screen, and can't add payment even under the My Disney Experience profile on the website (or through the app). Throwing generic errors like "Sorry an unexpected error occurred. Please try again." and "We're having trouble retrieving your payment info right now."

Anyone encountered this issue and actually gotten past it? Been trying for about 3 hours now...

evelynbrian

I used the mobile version and payment went through

Stevek

Am I the only one shocked at how excited people are for this?
Disney just has to laugh at our fanbase. People moan constantly about increasing costs and technology taking over the park experience and what does Disney do...release a high priced interactive magic band and people are all over it. This is why I can never take anything the complainers in our fanbase say seriously. I hate everything...but take my money please. 🤦‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom