MagicBand+ announced

lewisc

That's what I'm waiting on. If someone makes one soon I'll be buying and will be quite happy tbh with a rechargeable band. Since we are not going until next spring (fall and winter are almost always out for us due to schedules) I planned to hold off. Don't know which I'd want anyway.

the ports are USB-A to plug in, not USB-C. Means I need to save power chargers for these. I don't think I have any new devices that actually use USB-A anymore, though I have some bricks just in case.
Almost all my chargers are either USB-A only or have both USB A and USB C ports. Your chargers only have USB-C ports? Just buy an adapter. Readily available from Amazon, and I'm sure other places. or Dig into your box of stuff and bring a USB-A charger for MB+

Attachments

• usbadapter.jpg
    usbadapter.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 38

brettf22

Premium Member
Right but this is sort of my point. You HAVE those bricks/adapters (and they charge a heck of a lot faster than the crappy USB-A ports hotels have been installing). Meaning there shouldn't be any kind of mass shortage of USB-A port availability in your hotel room because you don't need USB-A port availability in your hotel room.

At least for our household of mostly Apple products, they stopped providing the actual wall cubes when they changed over to using USB-C to Lightning. So, instead of buying all new wall cubes (or adapters), we simply throw the newer USB-C to Lightning cables in the drawer, and keep using the older USB-A to Lightning cables. Less efficient charging, I know. But we didn't have to buy 10 new wall cubes.

TheMaxRebo

It's not a matter of how many things you need to charge, it's a matter of what types of slots you need.

Disney hotels have either all or almost all installed USB-A outlets in addition to normal wall outlets. Meaning you'll be able to charge your phones and other devices via the normal wall outlets and your MB+ via the USB-A outlet.

Are there 5 USB A outlets?

Still expect we would bring some type of multi-outlet adapter and have all the MB+ together to charge, and use the ones by the bed for our phones, etc

In any event it is something to consider and be prepared to plug in another device per person each night

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
The other site (so I guess take with grain of salt?). They allege full charge, less than 2 hours of playtime.
If true, huge problem. Like this-project-was-a-complete-failure problem. But I'm skeptical that the parks have even been open long enough for someone to have purchased a band, charged it fully, and played games for 2 hours.

Best advice out there:

“But our suggestion would be to skip the original MagicBand and MagicBand+ and use the excellent Disney MagicMobile service instead.”
Blah I loathe MagicMobile. I'd use a plastic card before MagicMobile.

correcaminos

Almost all my chargers are either USB-A only or have both USB A and USB C ports. Your chargers only have USB-C ports? Just buy an adapter. Readily available from Amazon, and I'm sure other places. or Dig into your box of stuff and bring a USB-A charger for MB+
No, they are not for the 5 phones and tablets we purchased this year. They are all simply USB-C for the charging block. Even my dad's iPhone was USB-C. No need for adapters tbh as I said I have some old ones, but they are not getting use now. I prefer USB-C and glad to mostly swap to it.

Disney Analyst

If true, huge problem. Like this-project-was-a-complete-failure problem. But I'm skeptical that the parks have even been open long enough for someone to have purchased a band, charged it fully, and played games for 2 hours.

Blah I loathe MagicMobile. I'd use a plastic card before MagicMobile.

Very good points. I certainly hope it is not true and they didn't get a full charge.

Need more case studies.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think I read on Twitter earlier, possibly Tim Tracker that they come with about a 30% charge on them

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
The "two hours" tweet went up at 10:26 AM.

Hollywood Studios opened this morning at 8:30 AM.

MagicBand+ went on sale this morning.

The earliest this person could have acquired this band through legitimate retail channels is 8:30 AM.

The earliest this person could have been playing Batuu Bounty Hunters for two hours is 10:30 AM.

The earliest this person could have been playing Batuu Bounty Hunters for two hours on a full charge is later than 10:30 AM.

These bands likely shipped with something like a 30% charge.

This person is full of crap.

lewisc

No, they are not for the 5 phones and tablets we purchased this year. They are all simply USB-C for the charging block. Even my dad's iPhone was USB-C. No need for adapters tbh as I said I have some old ones, but they are not getting use now. I prefer USB-C and glad to mostly swap to it.
Not a big deal, if you want to charge MB+ you'll either bring an old USB-A charger or buy an adapter. If you're staying in a room that has an available USB A port either near the TV or in an outlet use that instead.

I don't think this is a big deal, maybe 5 or 10 years from now it will be reversed, buy an adapter if you want to use it with a USB-A charger.

lewisc

The "two hours" tweet went up at 10:26 AM.

Hollywood Studios opened this morning at 8:30 AM.

MagicBand+ went on sale this morning.

The earliest this person could have acquired this band through legitimate retail channels is 8:30 AM.

These bands likely shipped with something like a 30% charge.

This person is full of crap.
I think the person is full of crap....BUT, theoretically, it could be from someone who was part of testing it. A, presumably, former, CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom