Live From New York, it's JenniferS' birthday ...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Rewinding to the elusive Chrysler Building ....

I am a huge fan of the Art Deco style of architecture. Downtown Buffalo (yes, Buffalo), Cincinnati, and the Chrysler Builder, all thrill my heart.

IMG_5094.JPG IMG_5097.JPG IMG_5098.JPG IMG_5099.JPG IMG_5101.JPG IMG_5103.JPG IMG_5105.JPG

Mike liked how each bank of elevators served different floors.
IMG_5106.JPG IMG_5107.JPG

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Out of order because I couldn't get photos to load.

I love, love, love this building. Need to re-Google the Leona Helmsely story. This is her hotel (hubby's technically), yes?

View attachment 222678
View attachment 222676 View attachment 222677

The Helmsley Hotel (Leona's baby) is on Madison in the low 50's. That's the Helmsley Building, which was Herman's business HQ, if I'm not mistaken. He had quite the empire before he married "yer wan", as we say ;)

And I love walking through it to get to GCT.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Helmsley Hotel (Leona's baby) is on Madison in the low 50's. That's the Helmsley Building, which was Herman's business HQ, if I'm not mistaken. He had quite the empire before he married "yer wan", as we say ;)

And I love walking through it to get to GCT.
I'm a "potty collector" - by necessity, nothing creepy about it. I'm looking to add it to my collection.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh if you like Art Deco, you came to the right place. Not just the Chrysler Building, but the Chanin Building diagonally across 42nd...not Art Deco at all, but check out my old workplace at SE corner of 41st and Lex...Empire State is grand Art Deco as I'm sure you know. What used to be called the Lincoln Building at 60 E 42...will strain my brain to think of more.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Now for Times Square. So not fun. Too many bright lights. Too many people. Too little deodorant being used.

IMG_5140.JPG IMG_5144.JPG IMG_5146.JPG

Time to visit the Disney Store ... you know 'cause it's not like I'm going to be in WDW in three weeks.
But Times Square Disney Store, that's where it's really AT-AT.
IMG_5153.JPG

At last I see the light.
IMG_5157.JPG IMG_5159.JPG IMG_5160.JPG

You're welcome.
IMG_5154.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We were here last time in April 06, so it seemed a good place to stop for a beverage.

IMG_5170.JPG

Kilkenny for Mike. Maybe more than one.
IMG_5172.JPG

He got the shrimp and chips.
IMG_5173.JPG IMG_5174.JPG

I got bangers and mash.
IMG_5175.JPG IMG_5176.JPG

I will trade you three bangers for two shrimp. Deal.
I will trade you 3/4 of my potatoes for your coleslaw.

Dessert? Pass.
IMG_5177.JPG

Irish Cream Cheesecake. "It's magically delicious".
We don't need two forks. It's all yours, Baby.
IMG_5179.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom