Live From New York, it's JenniferS' birthday ...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
are you going to see Ellis Island
Probably not. We went out to the Statue of Liberty last time we were here, but ran out of time and couldn't stop at Ellis Island. (Group trip, we didn't set the agenda, remember.)

Although I would have preferred the historical aspect of Ellis Island over the beautiful statue (which quite frankly was more impressive from the water), neither Mike nor I have family that came through EI.

Pier 21 in Halifax holds more significance for us.

IMG_5128.JPG IMG_5127.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Watching Yankees at Mets for a minute and Mike is peeved that you've got Shulman doing play by play.

"Hey, you can't have Dan Shulman, he's our guy." :hilarious:

Okay, seriously going out now.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Mike: Michael Jordan has a restaurant here.
Me: Okay, let's go find it.
Mike: It's really oom fa fa.

View attachment 222616 View attachment 222617 View attachment 222618

Take a close up of the desserts, he says. Hmmmm, maybe someone is getting hungry.
View attachment 222619
:facepalm: Duh! I just got the significance of the 23 layer chocolate cake. (As you know, Mike likes chocolate cake.)

This picture appears on my camera roll immediately after the Jordan pics, but I don't recall it being immediately outside the restaurant area.
View attachment 222620

At some point. I guarantee we will be eating here. It really wasn't that "oom fa fa". The prices are in line with Disney, and not one person (from what I could see) was dressed any better than we were.

Tomorrow?!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Grand Central

NE Girl knows her NY stuff. :inlove:

Hey, I know someone in Long Island.

View attachment 222550

And someone even closer...:cautious:

I remember this being bigger.

You're not wrong. There used to be a much bigger one nearby, in the archway leading out to Lexington Ave.

This picture appears on my camera roll immediately after the Jordan pics, but I don't recall it being immediately outside the restaurant area.

It's not, but it's not far. It's near the stairwell leading to the lower level. :)

Just a couple more pics from the beautiful Grand Central Terminal. This work of art would never get built today. There are no more Vanderbilts and Carnegies.

Or Jackie Kennedys to restore their work.

Whenever I entered a building lobby, I always asked permission to take a photo first

Good idea. Because you don't want to be suspected a terrorist. :jawdrop:

Pier 21 in Halifax holds more significance for us.

My dad emigrated from Ireland to England to Canada, then to NY. He would have passed thru Pier 21. I enjoyed visiting there during our Disney Canadian cruise last year.

Stay away from the Desnudas!!!

For sure. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom