Live From New York, it's JenniferS' birthday ...

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We were here last time in April 06, so it seemed a good place to stop for a beverage.

View attachment 222716

Kilkenny for Mike. Maybe more than one.
View attachment 222717

He got the shrimp and chips.
View attachment 222718 View attachment 222719

I got bangers and mash.
View attachment 222720 View attachment 222721

I will trade you three bangers for two shrimp. Deal.
I will trade you 3/4 of my potatoes for your coleslaw.

Dessert? Pass.
View attachment 222722

Irish Cream Cheesecake. "It's magically delicious".
We don't need two forks. It's all yours, Baby.
View attachment 222723

Connolly's!! My hubby's favourite lunch spot when he worked downtown! The bangers and mash was his usual. I'm a fan of the Kilkenny, myself...:cautious:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, the live trip update was a fail today.
When we left the hotel, we ended up finding a GrayLine sales rep on the corner and were able to purchase our tickets right there. The bus pick up was 50m away in front of the Waldorf Astoria, which is currently being refurbed and somewhat repurposed.

Up to the upper deck we go, and unfortunately it starts to very slightest drizzle.

IMG_5202.JPG

Streets are so narrow that I could literally have reached out and touched the folks in this bus beside us. I didn't though, because Disney has taught me well. Keep your arms and legs inside the ride vehicle at all times.
IMG_5204.JPG

"My building", as Mike calls it. He has also conferred ownership of the Chrysler Building to me, it seems, as he keeps calling it "your" Chrysler Building. And here I told him no birthday gifts.
IMG_5206.JPG

It's a grid, alright.
IMG_5208.JPG IMG_5210.JPG

Rockefeller Centre. Tomorrow hopefully.
IMG_5214.JPG IMG_5219.JPG IMG_5221.JPG

Selfie:
IMG_5240.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Still just barely spitting, so more bus pics.

5th Avenue now open, but Holy Hannah, look at the police presence. Also, Mike said something about all the dump trucks full of sand are bomb threat related. Step on it Mr. Bus Driver.
IMG_5241.JPG

You'd think with this having been a school, they would know how to spell "honour". Geesh.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...n+One%3A+Old+New+York+Meets+the...-a018814907
IMG_5246.JPG

As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Well sometimes a Building pic is just that. Don't know what it is, but I took the pic because I liked the look of it.
IMG_5247.JPG

Some super exclusive place that is never going to let in the likes of us.
IMG_5253.JPG

"Kevin!"
IMG_5258.JPG IMG_5260.JPG IMG_5261.JPG

Just a building.
IMG_5264.JPG IMG_5268.JPG

And around the corner, back to the Plaza. And pigeons, that I'm just noticing now.
IMG_5269.JPG

PUSH

Times Square is much less crowded, and yay, we are soaring 10' above the masses.
View attachment 222914 View attachment 222915

@Mike S, is that you?
View attachment 222916

Do you see what I see?
View attachment 222917

This sign is the only thing that was cooler last night.
View attachment 222918

I do like Carpool Karaoke.
View attachment 222919 View attachment 222920
Carpool Karaoke was better when it was for his show. Now it's so heavily produced and you can only watch it on Apple Music. The best part about it was that it wasn't super planned out before.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
MSG. We were here three times today. Once, passing by on the bus, another time arriving by cab to meet @NYwdwfan, and then the third time, we walked her back to catch her train.

These are from the first pass-by:

IMG_5317.JPG IMG_5319.JPG IMG_5327.JPG

Assuming I've understood correctly, this mail office is to become the new Penn Station.
IMG_5328.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_5330.JPG

Aaaah, the Empire State Building. I'll be back.
IMG_5332.JPG IMG_5336.JPG IMG_5339.JPG

Macy's.
IMG_5335.JPG

Sinister looking, no?
IMG_5340.JPG

Best I could do, @MinnieM123, I'm on superzoom from a moving bus.
Richard M. Nixon attended this church whilst in town. Statue is of Norman Vincent Peel.
IMG_5344.JPG

I like clock towers. Big clocks in general actually.
IMG_5345.JPG

Gotta tell you, after an hour or two of staring straight up at all of these beautiful buildings, I had a bit of a crick in my neck. And that is why God created Advil.
IMG_5351.JPG

Another clock tower, spoiled only by the gold on top. I love silver leaf. Gold, not as much. Funnily enough, Mike kept pointing out all the gold gilded (redundant?) buildings, so I'm assuming he does. :joyfull:
IMG_5354.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
The beautiful, beautiful Flatiron Building. Sadly, Mike has not gifted you to me yet.

IMG_5348.JPG IMG_5349.JPG IMG_5356.JPG IMG_5357.JPG

Disney gives you the backside "... of water".
JennniferS gives you the backside of the Flatiron Building.
IMG_5358.JPG

And then, it started to pour. We headed downstairs to the lower portion of the bus, but the windows were occluded with advertising, so what the heck good is that? Our bus then went out of service, so we had to transfer to the Downtown Route.

No pics from the garment district, China Town, StuyTown, Soho, views of the bridges .... We've got two more days on the buses, so maybe later.

Back to the hotel after a minor detour through Starbuckies, dry off, and then catch a cab to MSG, for the part of the trip I've been most looking forward to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom