Live From New York, it's JenniferS' birthday ...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Now that we're back on hotel wifi, I've got many pics to share, but first ... a nap. I've had less than seven hours sleep in the past two days, and I already hit my FitBit goal.

I don't know what he was looking for, but he clearly did not find it, as we left there empty-handed. We'll go back out later, he says.

IMG_5125.JPG IMG_5123.JPG IMG_5124.JPG

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Now that we're back on hotel wifi, I've got many pics to share, but first ... a nap. I've had less than seven hours sleep in the past two days, and I already hit my FitBit goal.

I don't know what he was looking for, but he clearly did not find it, as we left there empty-handed. We'll go back out later, he says.

View attachment 222556 View attachment 222557 View attachment 222558

he looks sad in the first picture. Like he was looking for something specific and really good...didn't find it...and was extremely disappointed.

NYwdwfan

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, rewind time. We came out of our hotel, and I was bound, bent, and determined to go to the Chrysler Building today; straight to the Chrysler Building. But oh look, a squirrel ....

With a few notable exceptions (looking at you CB ... eventually), I really like the bottom few floors of big city buildings better than their less impressive upper floors.
IMG_4988.JPG IMG_4990.JPG IMG_4992.JPG IMG_4991.JPG IMG_4995.JPG

To be honest, I took this picture thinking of @Goofyernmost (although he's not really that grumpy IRL), but I was struck by how cool the reflected building from across the road looked.
IMG_4998.JPG

Let's go in here.
IMG_4999.JPG

Not a light fixture. I think that makes it even cooler.
IMG_5002.JPG IMG_5003.JPG

Ooh, ooh, ooh - I know where we are!
IMG_5004.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not actually the Seinfeld diner, as it turns out.

I don't know what this is ...
IMG_5005.JPG

... but sometimes they come in pairs.
IMG_5007.JPG

There were quite a few sets of different kinds of gates that made me think of Titanic. Don't ask.
IMG_5006.JPG IMG_5008.JPG IMG_5010.JPG

He's got the gorilla length arms, why am I always taking the selfie pics?
IMG_5011.JPG IMG_5012.JPG

More Titanic vibe going on here.
IMG_5016.JPG IMG_5015.JPG

It's a ceiling worthy of Disney.
IMG_5017.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Moving on ...

Seriously, it's an Apple store? No, no, no!
IMG_5018.JPG

I remember this being bigger.
IMG_5020.JPG

"This area closed to guests". Well, that explains the distinctive lack of people ... in a city where people are three deep everywhere.
IMG_5022.JPG

For @MinnieM123. (More to follow.)
IMG_5023.JPG

I love marble, granite, limestone. I know exactly what my mansion in Heaven is going to look like.
IMG_5027.JPG

Food. Starting with Vegan carp.
IMG_5025.JPG

Getting marginally better.
IMG_5028.JPG

Aaaaah, that's the ticket. Not hungry yet though, so let's keep going.
IMG_5029.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Mike: Michael Jordan has a restaurant here.
Me: Okay, let's go find it.
Mike: It's really oom fa fa.

IMG_5030.JPG IMG_5031.JPG IMG_5032.JPG

Take a close up of the desserts, he says. Hmmmm, maybe someone is getting hungry.
IMG_5033.JPG
:facepalm: Duh! I just got the significance of the 23 layer chocolate cake. (As you know, Mike likes chocolate cake.)

This picture appears on my camera roll immediately after the Jordan pics, but I don't recall it being immediately outside the restaurant area.
IMG_5034.JPG

At some point. I guarantee we will be eating here. It really wasn't that "oom fa fa". The prices are in line with Disney, and not one person (from what I could see) was dressed any better than we were.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
On to the Chrysler Building, except you know, I can't actually see it. But wait, I know Tudor City. Let's head that way.

IMG_5042.JPG IMG_5043.JPG
Is this sign really necessary?
IMG_5045.JPG

Whenever I entered a building lobby, I always asked permission to take a photo first. Only at one of the actual Tudor buildings was I told no.
IMG_5046.JPG IMG_5047.JPG IMG_5050.JPG IMG_5049.JPG

Water.
IMG_5053.JPG

Where the heck is the CB, turn around, there she be.
IMG_5054.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not done with Tudor City yet, but now I have a general idea again of where the CB is.

IMG_5055.JPG IMG_5058.JPG IMG_5059.JPG IMG_5060.JPG IMG_5062.JPG IMG_5063.JPG

Sometimes old and new juxtaposed works. (Not looking at you, the Dakota.)
IMG_5065.JPG

As you may have discerned, massive restoration work appears to being conducted all throughout Tudor City. I'll be Googling it later, trust me.
IMG_5072.JPG IMG_5073.JPG IMG_5076.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom