Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

BroganMc

I did see one guy walking where the arches would be, and looking surprised that they weren't there (he was telling his friend and gesturing). I think there will be a lot of that.

That's the kind of response I'm guessing people will give. Now, the next step is to go up to those folks and let them know exactly what is missing and/or why. Then encourage them to let Disney know they aren't happy about it.

What we need is an organized boycott of EPCOT. Make the place a ghost town, especially after dark. Better off going to DHS' Osborne or MK instead.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It is going to be sickening seeing all these fooled newbies standing around the quire like a bunch of babies. Wow the epcot fountain stage risers blocking the fountain really tick me off more than ever right now. A quire... that seems real futuristic and nowhere as obsolete as the LOW technology. I know this is getting old but Obsolete my )).

myawn

They asked, we'll answer

So the latest posting on the Disney Parks blog is asking what your favorite thing is about holidays at the parks.

Shall we tell them ?

gbruenin

So the latest posting on the Disney Parks blog is asking what your favorite thing is about holidays at the parks.

Shall we tell them ?

I did. I posted this:

While the Magic Kingdom is great this time of year, my favorite holiday experience has been sitting under Epcot’s Lights of Winter arches and listening to the music. I’m as facinated by these as I am by the Fountain of Nations. The sychronized music and visuals are truly unique. That’s why I’m traveling to the WDW in the next few days and planned to be at Epcot as much as possible… to get in the holiday spirit with the Lights of Winter.

Any bets it gets swept off by the moderator?

Gary

hpyhnt 1000

I did. I posted this:

While the Magic Kingdom is great this time of year, my favorite holiday experience has been sitting under Epcot’s Lights of Winter arches and listening to the music. I’m as facinated by these as I am by the Fountain of Nations. The sychronized music and visuals are truly unique. That’s why I’m traveling to the WDW in the next few days and planned to be at Epcot as much as possible… to get in the holiday spirit with the Lights of Winter.

Gary

I'm guessing yes. There's not one mention of the LoW yet... its still early, but I think Mickey is doing a bit of behind the scenes editing. :rolleyes: :mad:

gbruenin

I did. I posted this:

Gary

Yep, its gone...I guess they're no longer interested in hearing from their paying customers on this issue. Makes me wonder if I should even take the time to talk to Guest Relations on Friday when I arrive.

A few years ago I was surveyed while in the park. One of the questions was something like 'Is your family creating memories that will last a lifetime?' If asked this time, I suppose I can answer 'yes', but its not the kind of memory they really want me to have.

Gary

Exprcoofto

Stopped by EPCOT guest relations today and voiced my opinion. The CM said they have gotten moderate compliants from guests. She kept insisting I keep open minded this year and I'll be "plesantly pleased". She said there will be a lot more decorations in the pavilions this year and other "new" offerings. I have no idea if I should expect anything new, right now I'm doubting it.

EPCOT Explorer

Shall we tell them ?
YES. :D

Link, please, I can't search from school.
Stopped by EPCOT guest relations today and voiced my opinion. The CM said they have gotten moderate compliants from guests. She kept insisting I keep open minded this year and I'll be "plesantly pleased". She said there will be a lot more decorations in the pavilions this year and other "new" offerings. I have no idea if I should expect anything new, right now I'm doubting it.

The only thing is the choir.:shrug:

s8film40

You should have told her you would keep an open mind and a closed wallet.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom