Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

BroganMc

The subsitute choir/entertainment is only scheduled for daytime hours. D'Vine Voices is scheduled at the Fountain Stage at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15 and 4:15

In that case I go back to my statement that the whole plaza will look very dark and dreary this year. Especially compared to what MK and DHS are doing.

Guests are bound to notice and comment. One thing we return visitors can do is make sure as many of the first timers realize what is missing is the light display that decorated the plaza for the last decade. Tell them Disney cut it, even though they are making a profit, and the lights are now rusting away in a field in backstage. Fight corporate misjudgement with a little bad PR.

EPCOT Explorer

In that case I go back to my statement that the whole plaza will look very dark and dreary this year. Especially compared to what MK and DHS are doing.

Guests are bound to notice and comment. One thing we return visitors can do is make sure as many of the first timers realize what is missing is the light display that decorated the plaza for the last decade. Tell them Disney cut it, even though they are making a profit, and the lights are now rusting away in a field in backstage. Fight corporate misjudgement with a little bad PR.
It just occurred to me that EPCOT will have nothing, save for flowers. Are they even doing the entrance plaza up this year?

nbodyhome

It just occurred to me that EPCOT will have nothing, save for flowers. Are they even doing the entrance plaza up this year?

I asked a manager, and he said they hoped to have the topiaries up this weekend (he crossed his fingers on that one) and said they should have been up last weekend. Who knows if anything will really go up.

I did see one guy walking where the arches would be, and looking surprised that they weren't there (he was telling his friend and gesturing). I think there will be a lot of that.

EPCOT Explorer

I asked a manager, and he said they hoped to have the topiaries up this weekend (he crossed his fingers on that one) and said they should have been up last weekend. Who knows if anything will really go up.

I did see one guy walking where the arches would be, and looking surprised that they weren't there (he was telling his friend and gesturing). I think there will be a lot of that.
Glad that people notice.

I'm pretty shocked that they don't even know about plants and topiaries at this point. EPCOT's Holiday offerings have never been this bleak. :(

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I hate them....They ook very cheap and out of place. :brick:

Ugh, that'll effectively ruin Holidays Around the World for me.

Well, I'm spending a full day at Epcot tomorrow, so I'll try to give a better overall picture of the decorations around the nations....

Horizons1

So, I don't know if this has been brought up already, but I wonder if the santa hat on the earful tower was discontinued because it too was obsolete technology?

PhotoDave219

Glad that people notice.

I'm pretty shocked that they don't even know about plants and topiaries at this point. EPCOT's Holiday offerings have never been this bleak. :(

I was looking through my photos from 04 & 05 from Holidays around the world. There was entertainment everywhere. Does anyone have a copy of what the current entertainment lineup is?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So, I don't know if this has been brought up already, but I wonder if the santa hat on the earful tower was discontinued because it too was obsolete technology?

I think Disney is still trying to divest themselves of the water tower completely.

EpcotServo

Ha. I'm glad this whole Lights of Winter thing has reminded people of the great Santa hat Earful Tower. They had no reason to stop that too.

royorb1

We're here tonight for Illuminations. And while the tree is lovely all lit up at night, we didn't even bother walking over to it. Without LOW to walk under and watch, it really isn't the same. And I have to admit, even though holiday music is being played throughout the lands, there isn't an overwhelming display of holiday decorations. I'm sitting outside of Chefs de France, and the only thing akin to the holidays are some lighted wreaths in the restaurant windows. Hopefully Illuminations hasn't changed...:(

This validates the fear I had for our visit. The LoW was really cool.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom