Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Stopped by EPCOT guest relations today and voiced my opinion. The CM said they have gotten moderate compliants from guests. She kept insisting I keep open minded this year and I'll be "plesantly pleased". She said there will be a lot more decorations in the pavilions this year and other "new" offerings. I have no idea if I should expect anything new, right now I'm doubting it.
While an open mind is a good thing they should not be kept so open that our brains fall out.

donaldfan

Just got the canned response from Guest Communications -- they didn't address the question I specifically asked on the fountains being choreographed to the Christmas music. So I responded asking that they address whether or not the fountains will be choreographed.

WDW1974

So the latest posting on the Disney Parks blog is asking what your favorite thing is about holidays at the parks.

Shall we tell them ?

Hmm ... maybe trying to figure out what the next thing TDO is going to cut and hope no one notices.:xmas:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, I was there last night and all I can say is that I hope my wife is right when she reminded me it seemed there were always more decorations up after Thanksgiving Day. It appeared the only countries that had any sort of decorations up were France, Germany, USA, Norway and Mexico. Now, in full disclosure I did not make it over to the UK or Canada. But what decorations I saw were scant, as if they were just doing the bare minimum. And, in Germany where they used to hold the storytelling for their version of Santa Claus, the area was grassed over and only a small stage was set up along the sidewalk. Of course the cart selling German-themed Christmas items was open for business....

Something else that bothered me was the fact that the lightposts (for the most part) were decorated either. In fact, many of them still had the "Celebrate" decals on them. Meanwhile at DS today, most of the lightposts there had Christmas decoartions on them, and the palms had large Christmas stars on them.

Like I said, hopefully the day after Thanksgiving things will look better. I'm venturing out in the rain tomorrow for another look at EP.

aladdin2007

Stopped by EPCOT guest relations today and voiced my opinion. The CM said they have gotten moderate compliants from guests. She kept insisting I keep open minded this year and I'll be "plesantly pleased". She said there will be a lot more decorations in the pavilions this year and other "new" offerings. I have no idea if I should expect anything new, right now I'm doubting it.

Interesting that she said a lot more decorations in the pavilions. Im having a hard time as well believing it. Maybe some more will trickle out but I would think it would all be up by now. Anyone noticed if Italy and Tutto Italia is decorated at all? And what about the park entrance?
Last year UK had nothing up at all and neither did Canada.

nbodyhome

Interesting that she said a lot more decorations in the pavilions. Im having a hard time as well believing it. Maybe some more will trickle out but I would think it would all be up by now. Anyone noticed if Italy and Tutto Italia is decorated at all? And what about the park entrance?
Last year UK had nothing up at all and neither did Canada.

Italy has decorations, I did not go into Tutto Italia, but it's less decorated as you get into the pavilion itself.

There are plants where the train should be in the US. There was at least a wreath or something in Canada. No doves at this point, no arches, no train set.

aladdin2007

Italy has decorations, I did not go into Tutto Italia, but it's less decorated as you get into the pavilion itself.

There are plants where the train should be in the US. There was at least a wreath or something in Canada. No doves at this point, no arches, no train set.

okay good to to know, thanks! Is there christmas background music playing as you walk around the park? I cant remember if there was before or not, seems like at the entrance always had that though.

DisneyJoe

okay good to to know, thanks! Is there christmas background music playing as you walk around the park?

Yes! I was there last week, Monday, November 16 (between 11am and 6pm), and the music was playing, but it was mostly slow music - and it seems to be making the entire park quiet - and eerie - almost as if everyone was on Prozac...

EPCOT Explorer

Horrible. :brick:

One thing I do hope is cut...the music. :lol: that, I could so do without.

EPCOTPluto

I, too have heard that many other Christmas decorations pop out from hiding the day after Thanksgiving is over.

Perhaps more decor would be spread around, especially since LoW is now permanently MIA.

Yes! I was there last week, Monday, November 16 (between 11am and 6pm), and the music was playing, but it was mostly slow music - and it seems to be making the entire park quiet - and eerie - almost as if everyone was on Prozac...
The same Christmas BGM from the years past? There are some uplifting tracks in that loop... :shrug:

One thing I do hope is cut...the music. :lol: that, I could so do without.
:fork: Really? :lol:

Could this be a passive aggressive approach by the blogger to garner more negative responses about the Lights of Winter?
Perhaps they would realize it was a mistake to cancel LoW - who knows?

EPCOT Explorer

I, too have heard that many other Christmas decorations pop out from hiding the day after Thanksgiving is over.

:fork: Really? :lol:

Yes, really...I don't like listening to X-Mas tunes while in FW.:fork:

And that's interesting...hopefully, they put more up. The Entrance plaza just got theirs...

EPCOTPluto

Yes, really...I don't like listening to X-Mas tunes while in FW.:fork:

And that's interesting...hopefully, they put more up. The Entrance plaza just got theirs...
Bah humbug - I find it a positive change for FW at Christmas. Yes, that's me. :lookaroun

I hope so as well. With the Storytellers now a main focus, perhaps more wreaths or garland OR a certain train set at AA would appear. ;)

aladdin2007

Wow just saw the pictures of the fountains of nations stage all decked out with lit Christmas trees and garlands etc. Im very impressed. Ok its not LOW and a choir is still not an aqeduate replacement but at least they are decorating!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom