LeFou's Brew....the verdict?

derekburgan

Have been looking forward to LeFou's Brew since I heard about Red's Apple Freeze when Cars Land opened. Finally got one last week. Possibly the most awful drink I have ever tasted. Made the Doofenslurp I got the day before at EPCOT seem ok, and think about what that's saying. In order of my signature drink preferences. 1. Hog's Head Ale 2. Frozen Butterbeer 3. Regular Butterbeer. 15. Doofenslurper. 732. LeFou's Brew 733. Rat Poison

MOXOMUMD

Lol. I don't smoke (quit years ago) but sometimes travel with family who do. This when I tell them to enjoy that smoke because I won't be taking time out of my Disney day to support their habit. :)

Mr_Incredible

Had this for the first time in April (Lefous), my DW and DS5 and myself all throughouly enjoyed it.

We will have butter beer for the first time in November, then I can compare!

LVgoN2WDW

One page one I wrote I was antipating Lafou's brew and it lived up to my expectations! The marshmallow hint was a great addtion and I would definitely get it again!

SherlockWayne

I like LeFou's Brew much more than Butterbeer, but I'm not a huge fan of the foam. For me, the brew would be perfect with a vanilla-cinnamon foam or a simple whipped cream topping. I also really love Pumpkin Juice, but its way too overpriced!

Bocabear

We had Le Fou's Brew last October when Gaston's had first opened...it was VERY sweet but the toasted marshmallow flavored foam gave it some dimension and sort of cut the tart sweetness of it. Had another one a couple weeks ago, and they have done away with the toasted marshmallow flavored foam, and now have a passionfruit flavored foam... Which is horrible. Just too tart on top of too sweet...
That was my last brew...

PUSH

I had LeFou's Brew a couple weeks ago. I have to say it's nothing special. The foam is disgusting, IMO. The drink itself isn't awful, but it's not good. I could never drink and entire cup of it.

It was something different, but I won't be buying it again.

disney4life2008

Without reading any other posts in this thread - the Brew is absolutely disgusting! During the 24 hour event I anxiously waited in a 30 min line for both my cinammon roll and brew ($10 total) and was dissapointed on both.

The Brew is no match for butterbeer in anyway. The brew is way too sour and tastes like it needs more sugar or something to level the sourness. And my cup had a lot of froathe that was equally disgusting. What I love about butterbeer - the entire drink is delectable. I will never get the brew again - I would rather spend that money on my dole whip.

TyrantBoss

LeFou brew is very good. I don't want to drink a million gallons of it, but a nice mug with a giant cinnamon roll is well worth it.
And since I don't care for cream soda I know I would not care much for ButterBeer.

The sad thing about Wizarding World of Harry Potter.....no more books are being made...and in 10 to 15 years that area will be obsolete.
Disney has a fresh brand and they keep drawing kids in every year. So get your butter beer fix while you can. By 2030....I think WWoHP will be a ghost town.

disney4life2008

LeFou brew is very good. I don't want to drink a million gallons of it, but a nice mug with a giant cinnamon roll is well worth it.
And since I don't care for cream soda I know I would not care much for ButterBeer.

The sad thing about Wizarding World of Harry Potter.....no more books are being made...and in 10 to 15 years that area will be obsolete.
Disney has a fresh brand and they keep drawing kids in every year. So get your butter beer fix while you can. By 2030....I think WWoHP will be a ghost town.

WOW I cant beleive you just wrote that. I hope there are some UO fans that are ready to attack you - not really but really. While Beauty and the Beast is timeless - WWOHP likely is timeless as well - at least through the next few generations. Universal still has old attractions (check ET) and it still survives. Check American Idol Experience - you want to jump on WWOHP - WDW failed at making an entire attraction about a reality tv show that has been a dismal failure in the park and on tv.

TyrantBoss

WOW I cant beleive you just wrote that. I hope there are some UO fans that are ready to attack you - not really but really. While Beauty and the Beast is timeless - WWOHP likely is timeless as well - at least through the next few generations. Universal still has old attractions (check ET) and it still survives. Check American Idol Experience - you want to jump on WWOHP - WDW failed at making an entire attraction about a reality tv show that has been a dismal failure in the park and on tv.

Oh I agree 100% with American Idol. Disney is far beyond infallible that's for sure. But WWoHP, you said, would last a few generations. Well a generation is about 25 years. Those who were teens when Harry Potter came out...they are already having kids so their kids will like it....but their kids.....not so much. Then their kids......done. 2030..okay maybe 2045.....WWoHP is dead in the water.
Meanwhile Peter Pan has been one of the busiest attractions at WDW since it opened in 1971.....but look what happened to Snow White's Scary Adventures. While still great it was time to move on.

Captain Chaos

HAHAHAAHA someone snorted way to much coke pixie dust today... Another person knowing NOTHING what they talk about.. LOL... silly dusters...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom